OR - Two killed, 1 injured in Clackamas mall shooting, 11 Dec 2012

Survivor identified in Clackamas Town Center shooting (kgw.com)
PORTLAND – A survivor of the Clackamas Town Center shooting Tuesday afternoon was identified Wednesday morning as Kristina Shevchenko, 15, of Portland.

She was struck by several bullets but none hit vital organs, according to Oregon Health & Science University chief medical officer Charles Kilo. She was in serious condtion in the hospital's trauma intensive care unit, with her family at her side, he said.
---
more at the link

It appears to be starting now. I hope they identify the shooter. :(

Salem

12.12 presser:

Sgt Adam Phillips, PIO; Sheriff Craig Roberts; Dennis Curtis, general manager, Town Center.

- Sheriff Roberts:

Identities of two killed: Cindy Ann Yuille, 54, NE Portland; Steven Matthew Forsyth, 45, West Lynn.

Suspect: Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22; (born 16 March 1990). Appears to have died due to self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Roberts armed with AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, stolen yesterday from acquaintance. Wearing hockey-style face mask.

"We do not understand the motive....no apparent relationship between suspect and victims."

Search warrant served at his residence: 7324 SE 84th Ave in Portland; '96 VW Jetta, his vehicle.

First call: 3:29 p.m.; first LE on scene, 3:30 p.m.

Suspect pulled vehicle in front of Macy's; ran to general direction of food court; fired, killed two; suspect then fled down corridor and down back hallway; shot himself.

Suspect's rifle jammed in food court; was able to get rifle working again.
Clackamas Sheriff ‏@ClackCoSheriff
CORRECTION to #ClackamasShooting release: Suspect JACOB TYLER ROBERTS' DOB actually 3/6/1990.

Extending condolences
Cindy Ann Yule - 54
Missed 2nd person :(

Jacob Roberts, born 1990. Suspect. AR15 semi-automatic rifle that was stolen from someone he knew. Wearing hockey mask and lead-vest (but not bullet proof vest). Don't know how many rounds fired, but suspect had several magazines and was prepared to fire many shots.

Issued search warrant for car in parking lot.

Now talking about how event unfolded.

Salem

Sheriff Roberts: Extend sincere condolences to families and surviving victim.

Victims:
Cindy Ann Jewel/ Yule ?? from NE Portland
Steven Forsyte??

Suspect: Jacob Tyler Roberts born March 16th 1990

Suspect died of self-inflicted gunshot wound

During this attack AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, stolem from person known to suspect. Wearing "load-bearing vets" not a bullet proof vest and hockey mask.

Carrying several full loaded magazines, they don't know how many shots were fired.

Don't understand the motive. No apparent relationship between suspect and victims.

7324 SE 84th Ave

Executed search warrant of home and vehicle that was at the mall

Won't release results of searches to protect the integrity of the investigation.

3:29 - Received multiple 911 calls of active shooter
3:30 - LE Arrived, activated Active Shooter Protocol

Shooter parked outside of Macy's, moved rapidly into the mall and began firing. He then went to another level of the mall and shot himself.

So few victims because of a combination of factors:

1. Suspects rifle jammed while attacking victims in food court
2. Clackamas Town Center had an effective procedure in place to respond.
3. LE arrived quickly
4. 10,000 people in the mall kept a level head, got themselves out, helped others get out and there are a number of heroes.

Level of support from neighboring agencies was absolutely amazing. Also wants to recognize Clackamas Town Center for their response. They truly helped protect the lives of their customers and employees. Thanks the community for rallying around victims. Everyone worked together well and it made a difference.

12.12 presser:

Sgt Adam Phillips, PIO; Sheriff Craig Roberts; Dennis Curtis, general manager, Town Center.

- Sheriff Roberts:

Identities of two killed: Cindy Ann Yule, 54, NE Portland; Steven Matthew Forsythe, 45, West Lynn.

Suspect: Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22; (born 16 March 1990). Appears to have died due to self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Roberts armed with AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, stolen yesterday from acquaintance. Wearing hockey-style face mask.

"We do not understand the motive....no apparent relationship between suspect and victims."

Search warrant served at his residence: 7324 SE 84th Ave in Portland; '96 VW Jetta, his vehicle.

First call: 3:29 p.m.; first LE on scene, 3:30 p.m.

Suspect pulled vehicle in front of Macy's; ran to general direction of food court; fired, killed two; suspect then fled down corridor and down back hallway; shot himself.

Suspect's rifle jammed in food court; was able to get rifle working again.

Thank you for getting the victims names spelled correctly, I was typing and listening at the same time and didn't get them right.

Thank you for getting the victims names spelled correctly, I was typing and listening at the same time and didn't get them right.
I'm just guessing. Could be other spellings!

Steven Matthew Forsyth, husband and father of 2. Damn.

- Sgt. Adam Philllips, PIO, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office

Cindy Ann Yuille
Steven Matthew Forsyth

Roberts "a sole person acting on his own."

QUESTIONS:

"There were no indicators that this was going to happen."

Potential phoned threats? "Our investigators are following every lead and tip we get."

Suspect "has no significant history" as a suspect in any crimes locally or regionally that they have found.

No connections (work history) at mall they've discovered.

One weapon located; multiple rounds of ammunition also.

Military background? "I don't have information about a military background." Weapon not military.

Mr Forsyth owned a business at the mall. (Coastoms)

(Coastoms website?)

Did LE see him before he suicided? Haven't heard any reports one way or other.

"We have had contact with several members of the suspect's family."

Not revealing at this time if anything was discovered pertinent to the crime via the search warrants.

Wore "ballistic load-carrying vest." Enables wearer to carry ammo.

Cindy Ann Yuille is the correct spelling. From NE Portland.

So tragic. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Suspect is from Portland.

Suspects fingerprints matched a record in their system. They did not report what that may have been from.

FBI was NOT investigating this as a terrorist threat as had been reported.

sus.png

No indicators that this was going to happen. All indications are that the suspect acted alone.

Investigators are following every lead and tip. Several have come in, don't know results yet.

Initial investigator is showing he has no significant criminal history, has had minor contact as a victim but has not been arrested/ charged with a crime in the past.

Can't hear all the questions!!

Clackamas County Sheriff's office were able to locate one weapon and multiple rounds of ammunition.

Not a military style weapon. AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle.

Don't know if he had a military background.

One victim owned a business at the mall, Mr. Forsyth.

No information about suspects actions other than what the sheriff already stated.

All indicators point to that it was a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

He looks way different than I imagined he would. He looks like a handsome, hip, young guy. He looks like someone my kids would know and hang out with. :mad:

I wonder what went wrong?

eta: I wonder if he had an onset of mental health issues. He is the right age and gender for schizophrenia onset symptoms.

He looks way different than I imagined he would. He looks like a handsome, hip, young guy. He looks like someone my kids would know and hang out with. :mad:

I wonder what went wrong?

eta: I wonder if he had an onset of mental health issues. He is the right age and gender for schizophrenia onset symptoms.

That was my thinking as well. He just looks like a typical kid and only 22. I think some type of mental illness is likely.

No indicators that this was going to happen. All indications are that the suspect acted alone.

Clackamas County Sheriff's office were able to locate one weapon and multiple rounds of ammunition.

Not a military style weapon. AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle.

All indicators point to that it was a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

SBM

I can't even imagine a 'self-inflicted gunshot wound' with an AR-15. Eww!

:please: For those involved. And poor Santa had to duck for cover :furious:

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member