GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Whitney's FB page, it seems she is a lovely, spirited person. The world needs people like her, and if some creep has chosen to take Whitney from this world, then I pray he is caught very quickly.

6:45 am is not a strange time for a robbery/assault. Lots of perps are out creeping around at that time, after being up all night. My friend used to deliver fresh baked goods to restasurants in the early morning hours, and she said the cops told her that it was a very dangerous time of day.

Some people are just crazy. Others are high or looking for drugs. And some are just psychos who don't care.

I don't get the voluntarily missing vibe off this case.

Definitely not voluntary, and I still don't have a sense of whether this abduction was a random stranger, or someone she at least knew by sight. Meaning someone who may have lived in the area of her complex, or even a customer.

Was Whitney raised in Gresham?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/whitney-he...missing-oregon/story?id=17505121#.UIAk7cWi9Sg

at around 1:14 in video at above link "Police also say they found shattered glass in parking lot outside of Heichel's home...." followed up by Lt. Grandjean (Gresham PD) NOT prepared to say the broken glass from her vehicle and I believe he said it's absolutely possible (?)
I had a hard time hearing exactly what he said due to my own sound on computer - maybe someone else can listen and tell us what he said?
If it is from her vehicle, maybe someone was out in her parking lot?

ETA - Knox posted while I was typing - sorry for duplicate info :blushing:

If the report of her sitting in the passenger seat at the gas station is accurate, can we assume that she knew the perp? Why not alert the gas attendant or try to jump out of the vehicle? Past boyfriend maybe?

If the report of her sitting in the passenger seat at the gas station is accurate, can we assume that she knew the perp? Why not alert the gas attendant or try to jump out of the vehicle? Past boyfriend maybe?

what if the guy had a weapon or made threats toward her?

Police search park, Larch Mtn. for missing Gresham woman

GRESHAM, Ore. – Authorities searched a park in Clackamas County and also Larch Mountain Wednesday in connection with a Gresham woman's Tuesday disappearance.

Police searched a heavily wooded area of Dodge Park, north of Sandy, Wednesday afternoon for 21-year-old Whitney Heichel. They also searched Larch Mountain in the Columbia River Gorge.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Poli...park-for-missing-Gresham-woman-174660661.html

Looks like LE did check out that tip about Larch Mountain.

the gas station aspect is a head scratcher, going to atm's also

very strange how he kept control of her on all these stops

Activity in scanner thread, and the scanner-listening person right now is asking for backup help.

Could be, or it could be she was just to afraid after being with the person for a couple of hours (anything could have occured during this time).

She is 21 and I can imagine she must have been terrified. She may have thought or been told she would be let go if she complied. And she believed it.

What I have thought all along. If someone if holding a gun and says be quiet or else, what are you likely to do? It could have been out of the attendant's view, also it was stated the guy acted nervous and just bought a few gallons and then left. He was probably afraid she was going to try to alert someone or jump out of the car. Gosh I wish she would have. We don't all react the same way, I've often thought about what I would do in a situation like that.

A long time ago, I read that if you are grabbed and leave the scene of the abduction, odds are not going to be in your favor. Do whatever you can to get away at that moment, regardless of what type of weapon the perp has, cause what is going to happen to you later will be worse. It's a horrible, ugly thing to think of, but we see this more and more frequently : ((((

I wonder if the witness who saw her in the passenger side of the car, noticed if the window was broken at that point? Or was it surveillance video that captured that or both?

What I have thought all along. If someone if holding a gun and says be quiet or else, what are you likely to do? It could have been out of the attendant's view, also it was stated the guy acted nervous and just bought a few gallons and then left. He was probably afraid she was going to try to alert someone or jump out of the car. Gosh I wish she would have. We don't all react the same way, I've often thought about what I would do in a situation like that.

A long time ago, I read that if you are grabbed and leave the scene of the abduction, odds are not going to be in your favor. Do whatever you can to get away at that moment, regardless of what type of weapon the perp has, cause what is going to happen to you later will be worse. It's a horrible, ugly thing to think of, but we see this more and more frequently : ((((

Yes, this is true. If someone gets you from point A to point B, that's usually game over.

It's better to fight back if you can.

I guess I'm just assuming anyone would be smart enough to run, fight, or alert someone even if a weapon was shown. In this day and age, most women know the odds of surviving if they go somewhere with the perp.

I wonder if the witness who saw her in the passenger side of the car, noticed if the window was broken at that point? Or was it surveillance video that captured that or both?

Doesn't seem likely that it was broke at that time?

I wonder how her card was used.Credit or debit?Maybe the perp was testing her pin number to make sure she had given him the correct number.While he could have used a drive thru atm maybe he realized they have very good cameras and figured a gas station would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member