OR OR - William 'Billy' Gunn, 15, Klamath Falls, 16 June 1984

So sorry for not getting back in here to reply to your questions - :blushing

theforgotten - I wonder what the relationship was like between the two, was there a history of violence?
He spanked me regularly until I learned to just not do things to get in trouble (conditioning to do as I was told by him). He would punish Billy as well, but in different ways. Like once he made him sit on the fence in nothing but his underwear in the middle of winter with over a foot of snow on the ground. He would shoot him with a bb gun - things like that.

Zanko - What is step-dad's name? Any offenses since the 80's?
His name was Albert Alexander Gunn Jr. Once he was released from prison for what he did to me he was convicted of a parole violation for absconding and later he was convicted and sent back to prison for stalking his sister. I am not sure what all else happened as I only heard things here and there but I am certain that there was more destruction in his path all the way up until he died - it was just who he was. He pretty much lost his mind from my understanding. He was found living on the streets of and put in a hospital by the state where he died.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed - Thank you!!

They have still not done the search. They have an area that they want to search and have been telling me for three years now that they are going to make it happen "this year". The more people I talk to the more I am convinced they will find him when they do the search. It is a matter of timing more than money since NCMEC has said they will pay for the dogs. I keep bugging them and hoping it will happen, I will never give up!!

My mom died Sept 09, I wish she could have lived long enough to get some answers but I suppose, depending on what you believe, she may very well now know the answers we are all still searching for.

These are boys who were around Billy's age who disappeared from Oregon in the 80's. Could any of their disappearances be connected to Billy's?

Edward Nye

http://charleyproject.org/cases/n/nye_edward.html --

Butte Falls, where Edward was seen last, is near Klamath Falls.

Randall Leach

http://charleyproject.org/cases/l/leach_randall.html

Looks like Billy, disappeared 4 years prior to Billy's disappearance, little information.

Duane Fochtman

http://charleyproject.org/cases/f/fochtman_duane.html

Looks like Billy, disappeared 2 yrs after Billy (runaway)

Jeremy Bright

http://charleyproject.org/cases/b/bright_jeremy.html

Looks like Billy, Myrtle Point is fairly close to Klamath Falls, two yrs after Billy's disappearance.

Walter Ackerson

http://charleyproject.org/cases/a/ackerson_walter.html

Disappeared six years after Billy.

This is what Im working on right now. I feel they may all be connected. The areas are really not that far apart at all, not for a determined child predator. I wonder if LE has even looked into the possibility. There seems to be a few that disappeared near the coast too, including one teen boy AND his girlfriend. http://egov.oregon.gov/OSP/MCC/hyatt_eugene.shtml -its a bit later than the rest, but not out of the realm of possibility at all.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/articl...2e4-0019bb2963f4.html#vmix_media_id=122642071

Billy is mentioned briefly in this article dated 01 DEC 2011. It states that LE has a suspect. LE is still in contact with Billy's family as well.

Thanks for posting that Kat, I had no idea they had published that. I have sent a note to the editor, there was not much info about him there to begin with but all they got right was his name

What they published:
Billy Gunn was a Chiloquin teenager who disappeared in 1985. Authorities said they still have contact with the teen's family and have a suspect in mind.

We never lived in Chiloquin, we were born and raised in Klamath Falls. They are some what close together but most definitely two different places. We did move out of town for a short time when I was a baby but had been in Klamath most of our lives. Also, he disappeared June 16, 1984 not 1985. Small details, but incorrect none the less.

Goodness Gracious just tell me where in the Klammath falls forest they think he is and I'll go find him! Have they really been putting it off for four years now?

Did he have any dental work or cavities? There's a chance he could be found with a really nice metal detector

No updates :(

In January I decided that I am tired of waiting for someone else to find my brother and became obsessed with getting answers. I am in contact with some people that I am hopeful can help me and I am crossing my fingers to have some answers before the 30 year anniversary next year.

Thank you for remembering him even though you never knew him! I think one day it would be healing to have a party with all the people who knew him so they can tell me stories I never knew. I think of him every day!

No updates :(

In January I decided that I am tired of waiting for someone else to find my brother and became obsessed with getting answers. I am in contact with some people that I am hopeful can help me and I am crossing my fingers to have some answers before the 30 year anniversary next year.

Thank you for remembering him even though you never knew him! I think one day it would be healing to have a party with all the people who knew him so they can tell me stories I never knew. I think of him every day!

Woobie13, I pray that you finally get the answers that you've been searching years for. Please keep us updated.

Hi everyone, I've been following this case on this forum for a while and was finally able to register. This case is very interesting to me I grew up just a few hundred feet From wherebilly and his family lived when he came up Missing, I remember it well I have an idea that his stepfather may have not worked alone I was a paperboy in the neighborhood in those years and there were several unsavory characters that live there one Predator in particular that later was arrested and thrown in prison He also lived in that neighborhood the same time Billy and his family did. I know this because my brother delivered his papers to him, I'm not accusing anybody of anything is just an idea the sometimes these people do not work alone And they only live about four or five houses away from each other i would love to talk to woobie 13 And give her exact names and locations of these people if anyone can help or knowshow to get a hold of her that would be great

Praying for you and the family Woobie13. I really hope you find out exactly what happened to Billy. I do believe that your mum now knows what happened sadly. Take care and sending love to you from Hong Kong China. Aussie hugs.

Good morning,

The short version of a long story is that the police have told us they have done all they can do and we are on our own from here. I have not given up and with my cousin now on board to help me, we will do what we can to continue the search.

Thank you all for remaining interested in our case.

Hard to believe it has been 30 years. I wish I had answers, not only for me and my family but everyone! I cannot promise I will find him but I can promise I will keep trying for as long as needed. I will always have hope that we will find him one day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back