Order of appearance of 'friends' morning of the 26th??

Camper

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am having a Charlie Chan moment wondering about the order of appearance of friends that came to the Ramsey home on morning of the 26th.

Can anyone reference who came first and those following etc. I am not sure, but PMPT may have the sequence in it.

Do WE only have the word of each of the friends as to WHEN they got to the house? IF I ever knew I have forgotten. IF the friends 'might' have already been there, did they all decide who came first. The phone records could show that each of their numbers were called 'that' morning, BUT it would not necessarily mean that each of the friends answered the phone, OR the answering machine recorded the call. I don'' suppose that the BPD checked that out, do you?

I am having an evil thought that perhaps some of them were 'already there', am I coo coo?

Whites lived just down the same block, yet IF I remember correctly he was one of the last to come to get Burke, am I right, and did he come just as the police got there? If he was the last one of the 'friends' to come HOW come, cuz he lived just a few houses away.

Why didn't the Ramseys call their best, bestest friend ASAP. BECAUSE HE WAS SO CLOSE. Was it because IF they had he would have seen the others cars already there? Dumb thought perhaps. Set me straight please. As it was that is what happened as well, IF I am remembering correctly that he came LATER and their cars were there.

How would White know whether he had been called first or not, cuz the others would have told him, AND he would have seen their cars when he arrived anyway ?. BUT then again when White took Burke out of the house that morning, they had to have walked to Whites house, just how dumb was that IF IF there HAD been a kidnapping and the note said the Ramseys were under surveilance?

IF I recall Fernie was the first to arrive, NOW just HOW do WE know that, cuz the Ramseys said so, well, er, hmmm, huh, or just HOW did we get that info?

Same stuff but different take on it, after 8.5 years. We have worn out just about everything else to do with the case, lets re work this friend stuff, when the note said do not even talk to a dog, or she is dead. What sort of stupid is that? Smart stupid I think.

Although Patsy in DOI doesn't give the arrival times, this is what she says from snippets in DOI:

""Got to have someone here," I think.I dial the Fernies' number. "We need help!" I scream."Please come over here!" I take another deep breath and grab the phone again from it's cradle,dialing the Whites this time. "JonBenet's missing!" I yell into the phone."Please get over here. "We need you!"

Another snippet,John this time:
(Officer's French and Veitch already arrived.)

"Soon friends arrive. The Whites and the Fernies. Father Hoverstock,our priest and close friend and confidant.The cold,empty vacancy in our house fills with these friends."

Although I am not quite finished with the book,it seems like that's all there is,as far as the friends coming over. No actual arrival sequence.

capps said:
Although Patsy in DOI doesn't give the arrival times, this is what she says from snippets in DOI:

""Got to have someone here," I think.I dial the Fernies' number. "We need help!" I scream."Please come over here!" I take another deep breath and grab the phone again from it's cradle,dialing the Whites this time. "JonBenet's missing!" I yell into the phone."Please get over here. "We need you!"

Another snippet,John this time:
(Officer's French and Veitch already arrived.)

"Soon friends arrive. The Whites and the Fernies. Father Hoverstock,our priest and close friend and confidant.The cold,empty vacancy in our house fills with these friends."

Although I am not quite finished with the book,it seems like that's all there is,as far as the friends coming over. No actual arrival sequence.
IMO this all seems very consistent with parents struggling to cope with a kidnapped daughter.

Holdontoyourhat said:
IMO this all seems very consistent with parents struggling to cope with a kidnapped daughter.

HOTYH,

That's how I see it too.

Putting myself in their place, I know ... I just know ... right or wrong ... there would be no way I could wait 2 to 4 hours before I would contact the police and some one close to me for moral support in case I got hysterical.

Well there's no way I would have jeopardized my chances of getting my child back safely, by doing the exact opposite of what the ransom note said to do.
I would have rang the police but would never have thought to invite all my friends over at a time like that and especially when I had been warned not to.
Patsy and John, in their own words, had a loving and caring marriage, surely they had each other for moral support.
In PMPT it doesn't give the sequence of who arrived and when. It just states who was there at 8:10 am when Arndt arrived.
I will always wonder why the Stine's werent called over that morning along with everyone else. Patsy pretty much invited everyone....except the Stine's.
But the Stines were friends enough with the Ramsey's for Susan Stine to be answering their door for them just 2 days earlier.

About 5 years ago there was a poll here as to who would call friends over and a surprising number said they would.

As far as the Stines go, I can think of a few families I wouldn't classify as close friends although our kids hang out together and I enjoy the parents company. If they were to be thrust into a traumatic situation I wouldn't hesitate to invite them to stay with us if it would help. Out of that a close friendship might develop. As I recall the Ramseys started out staying with the Fernies.

I don't think answering the door is indicative of an especially close friendship, particularly for someone who has the kind of personality the Stine woman has. The alternative is to make whoever it is wait outside the door while she goes and finds an adult Ramsey to come answer the bell. That would seem kind of silly to me.

tipper said:
About 5 years ago there was a poll here as to who would call friends over and a surprising number said they would.

As far as the Stines go, I can think of a few families I wouldn't classify as close friends although our kids hang out together and I enjoy the parents company. If they were to be thrust into a traumatic situation I wouldn't hesitate to invite them to stay with us if it would help. Out of that a close friendship might develop. As I recall the Ramseys started out staying with the Fernies.

I don't think answering the door is indicative of an especially close friendship, particularly for someone who has the kind of personality the Stine woman has. The alternative is to make whoever it is wait outside the door while she goes and finds an adult Ramsey to come answer the bell. That would seem kind of silly to me.
Well, answering the door might not be indicative of an especially close relationship, but leaving good jobs and following your friends interstate is.

narlacat said:
Well, answering the door might not be indicative of an especially close relationship, but leaving good jobs and following your friends interstate is.

I agree Narlacat, plus living with the Stines for six months immediately after JonBenets death in crowded conditions.

I am wondering who called Dr. Beuf, and when he arrived?

Seems like White would have arrived BEFORE Fernie, but did not , or am I remembering wrong?

Anyone remember how far away Fernie lived?

tipper said:

I agree. SS may not have even been aware that 911 had been dialed, so to answer the door seems logical to me.

Quote from Narlacat post:

"Well there's no way I would have jeopardized my chances of getting my child back safely, by doing the exact opposite of what the ransom note said to do.
I would have rang the police ..."

By the above statement your contradicting your self.You already jeopardized by calling the police...by doing the exact opposite of what the ransom note said to do.

Nehemiah said:
I agree. SS may not have even been aware that 911 had been dialed, so to answer the door seems logical to me.

Yes indeedy, someone being 'close' to the door er just to be helpful, seems logical that they MIGHT answer the door. What does not seem logical is why not OPEN the door and say howdy do sir, how can I hep you, etc.

Gee whiz, when I go to answer MY door, I peek out the winder er my peep hole, well gee whizzers if'n I see a policeman at my door, I woulda flang my door open to see what was 'up'. With the Ramsey house lookin out the winder you could see the POLICE car there, I am guessing on that one. But.

I would have called the police on my cell phone and read the note to them....especially the part about calling the police, FBI, etc...

I would instruct the police NOT to make themselves visible...probably ask them to arrive by foot and walk through the alley to the house.

By the time Patsy hung up the call to 911,...John must have finished the note and he could have stopped Patsy from calling friends over. He read all the admonishments but yet he allowed Patsy to call everyone.

I believe it was John Fernie who arrived first, then Fleet and Priscilla, then Barbara Fernie. (She was probably delayed because of her children being at the home).

capps said:
Quote from Narlacat post:

"Well there's no way I would have jeopardized my chances of getting my child back safely, by doing the exact opposite of what the ransom note said to do.
I would have rang the police ..."

By the above statement your contradicting your self.You already jeopardized by calling the police...by doing the exact opposite of what the ransom note said to do.
It may seem like a contradiction but it wasnt meant that way.
How could you not call the police?
I agree with Toltec about using my mobile to call them and I would have read the entire note to them, so they fully understood the situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back