Oscar Pistorius Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the fans on the balcony were plugged in and running?

I have always assumed they were kept out there to be out of the way, but I read a post yesterday (can't remember where) which said they were turned on and running outside.

Was OP bringing them in, in his version of events, to cool off the room?

I have never understood why the fans were out there, and whether the balcony door was locked (or open for air) before OP says he went out there to retrieve the fans.

From reading, I gather there were two fans. I have seen photos of one, a large one on a tripod-like stand. The photos of this fan show it has been moved (in one of the photos) and unplugged (presumably by police). I don't think I have seen the other fan.

Does anyone know where that one ended up? I'm not sure where the tall one ended up either, because it was moved around as shown in the photos, and it bothers me a lot the police were moving things and documented that by their own photographs. TIA.

Tha balcony light was on. Reeva is said to be on the balcony side of bed.
If he had stepped OUT ONTO the balcony, he would grab the fan and would see the bed while coming in /moving forward not backward/balcony light lighting the bedroom , his face toward the bed before closing the curtains. Improbable not seeing the bed.
Also he could not hear the alleged window noise from balcony . Improbable again. Fan was an instrument to be on the balcony but it wouldn't work.

In the testimony putting the fan in between the balcony door entrance, he is supposed to grab the fan between the curtains and he is moving inside
the alleged dark bedroom his back toward the bed and then put the fan.
There is no coming in from the lights on balcony with open curtains.

As for two fans thing ,imo he needed to create more time and movement inside busy with the fans and the jeans on the floor and covering the led light etc so as Reeva to go to the toilet inbetween and him allegedly not noticing.. :facepalm:

It's interesting that you mentioned the jeans. This in my view has the same effect, that if the jean story was fabricated it would again be detrimental to OP.
If we believe that OP wanted to make it more feasible that he didn't see Reeva ,the last place he wants to be hanging around is the bedroom, and certainly not facing the stereo.
From this position he would probably have more chance of seeing a mobile phone light from his vision towards the right.

The place where the jeans were used could also easily lead Nel to infer that OP would be in the path of Reeva, as there is no confirmation which side of the bed Reeva got out of.
The idea that OP should make it appear that he spent more time in the bedroom seems to me to be more of a hindrance than a help to his case, as it suggests he had more time to notice Reeva was missing.

I have always assumed they were kept out there to be out of the way, but I read a post yesterday (can't remember where) which said they were turned on and running outside.

I have never understood why the fans were out there, and whether the balcony door was locked (or open for air) before OP says he went out there to retrieve the fans.

From reading, I gather there were two fans. I have seen photos of one, a large one on a tripod-like stand. The photos of this fan show it has been moved (in one of the photos) and unplugged (presumably by police). I don't think I have seen the other fan.

Does anyone know where that one ended up? I'm not sure where the tall one ended up either, because it was moved around as shown in the photos, and it bothers me a lot the police were moving things and documented that by their own photographs. TIA.
The smallest fan is by the stereo and the unpugged lead is showing to be underneath a speaker the largest fan is plugged into an extension lead the state says the smaller fan cannot be plugged into the lead as its wire is too short.. op said they were both plugged in but in cross there is no space in the extension lead for another plug... I think op later said one fan..

The other fan was a smaller floor fan. I've attached a pic which shows some of it.

From recollection Roux mentioned that the fans were still running when OP brought them in, but I'd double-check this for confirmation.

Link

Attachments

• small-fan_web320.jpg
    small-fan_web320.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 36
The other fan was a smaller floor fan. I've attached a pic which shows some of it.

From recollection Roux mentioned that the fans were still running when OP brought them in, but I'd double-check this for confirmation.

Link
You are correct op did say they where running as he could not heard anything cos the largest fan was blowing in his face due to him having no legs on the fan was face level and noisy

It's interesting that you mentioned the jeans. This in my view has the same effect, that if the jean story was fabricated it would again be detrimental to OP.
If we believe that OP wanted to make it more feasible that he didn't see Reeva ,the last place he wants to be hanging around is the bedroom, and certainly not facing the stereo.
From this position he would probably have more chance of seeing a mobile phone light from his vision towards the right.

The place where the jeans were used could also easily lead Nel to infer that OP would be in the path of Reeva, as there is no confirmation which side of the bed Reeva got out of.
The idea that OP should make it appear that he spent more time in the bedroom seems to me to be more of a hindrance than a help to his case, as it suggests he had more time to notice Reeva was missing.

Agreed. But he had no other choice. The bed is just in front of the balcony.
He no way could prove that he didn't see the empty bed coming in from the balcony cause inside would be brightly lit until he puts the fan wherever it is and goes back to close curtains and blinds stuff.

I have a feeling it was to gain time to make his alibi stand up. Somewhere in the proceedings it has been stated that there was a degree of light at the end of the corridor leading from the bathroom to the connecting corridor to the bedroom (ambient light through the bathroom windows). He needed there to be enough time for RS to have disappeared round the corner towards the bathroom to make his alibi work. Though I cannot remember exactly where /when this information (the ambient light) appeared, I think it was probably stated by one of the DT witnesses, possibly Dixon.

Is this a photo of the ambient light you mention, at the end of the corridor. It looks as though the light is coming from the bathroom window around the corner.

entrance-to-bathroom-blood-spatter-bullet-casing-and-wood-splinters-found.png

Sorry I'm not sure how to post the picture correctly but it's on juror13's blog page, Entrance to the bathroom. The bath tub can be seen at the top of the photo. There was blood spatter found on the floor and wall, a bullet casing on the left side of the entrance and wood splinters from the toilet room door. is the title of the photo. Its at the end of her page where she lists the trial photos, days 9 & 10, Rensberg
http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/

IIRC OP ended up agreeing that RS must have gotten out of the left-hand side of the bed (if one is facing it) as the right-hand side would have meant she would have had to pass so close to OP that he couldn't have not 'sensed' her.

I tend to agree with Nel that the flaffing about with the fans and the LED light was to allow RS time to get to the bathroom. In his answers to questions re this OP was insistent that he was always facing in a direction away from where she would have been when on the bed and then getting up and walking down the hallway. It sounded to me like he was almost determined to never look anywhere where he may have seen her or the light from her phone if she used that to guide herself.

As to the length of time he says he spent in the bedroom I don't see how he could place himself anywhere else, but I have may misunderstood your meaning.

Agreed. But he had no other choice. The bed is just in front of the balcony.
He no way could prove that he didn't see the empty bed coming in from the balcony cause inside would be brightly lit until he puts the fan wherever it is and goes back to close curtains and blinds stuff.

Both BBM

Do we know with certainty the balcony was brightly lit?

Also, do we know with certainty that if OP went out there into the light, he would be able to see RS in bed, or would the light have temporarily affected his vision inside.

In other words, if the balcony light were shining in on RS, and that side of the bed, it is unbelievable that he could not see her, but if it wasn't shining on her, I can see a case being made for his not being able to see much in the dark after being in the light.

Where is (are) the balcony lights? If there are on the wall right outside the door the light would be shining away from the door, not into the bedroom, wouldn't it?

You are correct op did say they where running as he could not heard anything cos the largest fan was blowing in his face due to him having no legs on the fan was face level and noisy

I just find it really weird that anyone would carry a fan with the fan facing them .. normally you would move it from behind, but then that wouldn't fit with OP needing to be facing away from the bed. I also find it odd that he was able to move them so easily, seeing as he claims he was on his stumps and that he makes a great deal about having limited mobility (i.e. the reason why he felt trapped in the bedroom and couldn't make his way downstairs with Reeva, had their actually been an intruder).

Both BBM

Also, do we know with certainty that if OP went out there into the light, he would be able to see RS in bed, or would the light have temporarily affected his vision inside.

In other words, if the balcony light were shining in on RS, and that side of the bed, it is unbelievable that he could not see her, but if it wasn't shining on her, I can see a case being made for his not being able to see much in the dark after being in the light.

Where is (are) the balcony lights? If there are on the wall right outside the door the light would be shining away from the door, not into the bedroom, wouldn't it?

I'm assuming the balcony light to be on the ceiling of the balcony , not know exactly where it was shining thou but I do know a balcony light on the ceiling enlightens inside almost like a floor lamp .. I guess the same if it were on the wall also.

Is this a photo of the ambient light you mention, at the end of the corridor. It looks as though the light is coming from the bathroom window around the corner.

entrance-to-bathroom-blood-spatter-bullet-casing-and-wood-splinters-found.png

Sorry I'm not sure how to post the picture correctly but it's on juror13's blog page, Entrance to the bathroom. The bath tub can be seen at the top of the photo. There was blood spatter found on the floor and wall, a bullet casing on the left side of the entrance and wood splinters from the toilet room door. is the title of the photo. Its at the end of her page where she lists the trial photos, days 9 & 10, Rensberg
http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/

Sorry, I haven't been able to track it down. I am fairly sure it was Dixon during his time on the stand. It was certainly fairly recent. I shall have to listen to his testimony again to double-check, perhaps tomorrow.

Tha balcony light was on. Reeva is said to be on the balcony side of bed.
If he had stepped OUT ONTO the balcony, he would grab the fan and would see the bed while coming in /moving forward not backward/balcony light lighting the bedroom , his face toward the bed before closing the curtains. Improbable not seeing the bed.
Also he could not hear the alleged window noise from balcony . Improbable again. Fan was an instrument to be on the balcony but it wouldn't work.

In the testimony putting the fan in between the balcony door entrance, he is supposed to grab the fan between the curtains and he is moving inside
the alleged dark bedroom his back toward the bed and then put the fan.
There is no coming in from the lights on balcony with open curtains.

As for two fans thing ,imo he needed to create more time and movement inside busy with the fans and the jeans on the floor and covering the led light etc so as Reeva to go to the toilet inbetween and him allegedly not noticing.. :facepalm:

Yup, yup, yup.

maybee I am wrong with my theory on op not going to balcony I just think its strange thing to do when security called op he said all is fine???
Something doesn't sit right with that picture

I wondered the same thing...why call for help and then refuse it when it appears?

However, he says he did manage to hear the window open. A little strange that.

I just find it really weird that anyone would carry a fan with the fan facing them .. normally you would move it from behind, but then that wouldn't fit with OP needing to be facing away from the bed. I also find it odd that he was able to move them so easily, seeing as he claims he was on his stumps and that he makes a great deal about having limited mobility (i.e. the reason why he felt trapped in the bedroom and couldn't make his way downstairs with Reeva, had their actually been an intruder).
I find that odd too. He claimed that it was the fans blowing in his face that prevented him from hearing RS leave the room but you would think it would be very annoying to have a fan blowing right in your face as you are moving it. At the least you think you would swivel around a bit so it wasn't blowing directly at you. Yet another odd OP moment I guess.

Both BBM

Your bold, yes. Oscar testified to it being on and Nel reminded us of that when Dixon stated it was off for his visibility test. As such, we don't know the answers to the rest. Dixon's conclusions are based on there being no ambient light source from the balcony.

Sorry, PPKik...I read too quickly. We don't know if it was brightly lit, just that the light was on.

Both BBM

Yes. Defense and prosicutor both agree the lights were on

Once the initial crime scene photos have been taken, the police need to move items to check for hidden evidence. It would be very unusual for the police not to do so. It is standard practice.

I tend to agree with Nel that the flaffing about with the fans and the LED light was to allow RS time to get to the bathroom. In his answers to questions re this OP was insistent that he was always facing in a direction away from where she would have been when on the bed and then getting up and walking down the hallway. It sounded to me like he was almost determined to never look anywhere where he may have seen her or the light from her phone if she used that to guide herself.

~snipped~

BIB, yes, that is exactly how it comes across and his version sounds so unbelievable simply because of the sheer lengths he went to to keep on elaborating on every little thing in order to try and prove he never once looked in that direction at any time during the course of that evening (after the point where he claims Reeva said "can't you sleep, Baba?" ) Nobody who was doing all the things that OP claims he was doing at the time (moving fans, closing curtains/blinds, picking up jeans to cover up an LED light,etc) would keep their back to the bed for the whole of that time, that just complete nonsense and that isn't the way that people move around .. it is so completely unnatural to behave in such a manner as to be totally untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge