Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Nel remains strong as he is being manipulated IMO. Somebody said Nel appeared to be nervous. Is that correct?

That was me... he did indeed seem very nervous in his presentation. Unable to recall Captain Mike van Aardt's name at one point.

Grounds of appeal:

Attachments

• Grounds ofappeal.PNG
    Grounds ofappeal.PNG
    275.3 KB · Views: 76
Can someone please tell me if OP is now free for the next 4 months? No community service because he can't be monitored while doing it, so he now has less stringent conditions than before. He's free to do what he wants for 5 hours a day. Does that include drinking, partying and going down to the shooting range?

I hope you are not suggesting additional punishment for "the accused" (as the judge kept calling him)?

You can almost hear OP singing "I'll be home for Christmas".... he certainly seems pleased with the court's decision, I know if I was a convicted murderer that was able to live in a fancy mansion for free with a 20km unrestricted radius of movement I would be too. I didn't even hear any kind of restriction on what kind of visitation rights he's allowed, yet another normal condition imposed when "imprisoned".

View attachment 85422

yep, 4 month bender at ossies' place. bring a bottle...

From OP's affidavit

Attachments

• Affidavit.PNG
    Affidavit.PNG
    378.7 KB · Views: 76
Sentencing was supposed to be done in the new year. Since when does the middle of April constitute the new year? It's a new year, but not the new year. Over 4 months to decide on a sentence for a murderer? Really?

This is really a joke - no electronic monitoring between 7am and 12noon? Who is going to ensure it goes on again? Where will they place the electronic monitoring - on his arms????

I think he will be monitored around the clock, but he is free to roam within a 20km radius between 7 a.m. and noon WITHOUT even having to ask permission of Capt. van Aardt. After those hours, he must obtain permission. (I wonder what grounds Van Aardt can refuse permission??)

Sentencing was supposed to be done in the new year. Since when does the middle of April constitute the new year? It's a new year, but not the new year. Over 4 months to decide on a sentence for a murderer? Really?

It's really hard to believe... he will actually be home for Easter (March 27th).

$689 USD-- can you believe it?

Ok I have not watched the live broadcast but how could Judge not factor in the family's huge financial resources, family's holdings in S.African countries( some with no-extradite agreements) and family access to private charter planes? Why on earth would submission of passport mitigate against any of that?
If personal circumstances are not really taken into account - why bother with this charade?

AND I recollect JJudi posting the Roux interview where he says that OP spent literally every last rand " shirt off his back". Now obviously I never believed article BUT how has he got hold of 10k rand then?

None of his family members turned up. What's that - don't want to be seen with a convicted murderer?

From OP's affidavit

Ha Ha! "I have lost all of my assets and only possess my personal assets" i.e. this is not considering my overseas accounts for which I have to thank Carl and Oldwaddage who promptly showed up at the scene of the crime and removed the thumb drive from my safe which contained all relevant account information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie