Other children killed in home by intruder, but parents survive?

Goody said:
Darin does not admit to insurance scams. What he says is that one day he said he wouldn't mind it if someone stole his Jag (probably because the repairs were eating him up) and someone who heard him did steal it. He never says he collected on the insurance or that he even pressed charges against this guy. In fact, it sounds almost humorous the way he says it, like out of frustration he makes an offhanded comment one day and some idiot thinks he is serious and takes the car. Now they try to use that one single incident as proof to show he was in the habit of scamming insurance companies in order to get both himself and Darlie out of the spotlight on this case.

Now if he said, that he got someone to steal his car and after it was stolen, he filed an insurance claim on it, was paid off, and no one was the wiser when he got the car back, you'd have something. There is absolutely NO evidence that there ever was an insurance scam before the night those boys were murdered.
Yes, that's what happened with the Jag. I wonder who he said that to? That would be my first reaction if somebody said that to me. Yeah right.
Darin admitted to talking about a possible home burglary to Robbie Kee sometime that spring. Kee also admits it in his Affidavit. That's why I think Darlie knew because he talked to her step-father. It never went any further than that. And that was in the Spring of '96. They probably realized how stupid it was. Somebody breaking in and killing his sons was not what he wanted done.
Robbie Kee:
In approximately earlier Spring of 1996, Darin Routier was at my home and we were in the kitchen when he asked me whether I knew of anybody who would 'burglarize' his home so he could make an insurance claim. Darin Routier explained that he and his family would be gone from the house and that the 'burglar' would come to the house with a U-Haul truck and remove 'gobs' of stuff from the house and take the items somewhere. Darin Routier said he would retrieve the items after his insurance company paid off and that he would pay the 'burglar' out of the insurance proceeds."
Darin makes it clear the family would be out of the house.
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/affidavits/affidavit-06.php

Darin:
"In 1994, I spoke to a person about my Jaguar automobile. In that conversation, I said that "it wouldn't bother me" if the Jaguar was stolen. That person then stole the Jaguar."In March or April, 1996, I asked my father-in-law Robbie Gene Kee, if he knew anyone who would agree to burglarize my home as part of an insurance scam. I said that I would arrange for my family to be absent from my house at 5801 Eagle Drive, that someone who I would hire would come to the house and take away the furniture and other items from my house in a U-Haul truck, and that I would then pay that person from the proceeds of the resulting insurance payments."Between March 1996 and May 1996, I told multiple people of my planned insurance scam.
The Jag thing happened in '94, not close to the murders at all. The home burglary idea does show he's not the most honest person in the world and that if he had followed through with the home burglary, a crook. I don't know how anyone could connect that to murder though. If that was a hired guy, he did nothing that he was supposed to do. Darlie, who was insured for alot more than the boys were, lived and he stole nothing.

beesy said:
The instant free money Darlie knew she'd get was not why she killed the boys. So it doesn't matter that they blew it all on the funeral. The boys were getting hard to handle. They were costing more money, needing more things. I doubt she knew the funeral would cost that much, but what she did know is that for the rest of her life, she wouldn't have to provide for 2 little boys.
Don't you think that's a huge amount of money?
Darin admits to asking around about it, not to actually planning it. It wasn't for car theft. IMO, Darlie knew. He admits to large debts, including back taxes, late office lease payments and business and personal credit card bills. The business had slowed down alot. Why does the insurance scam make him a killer? I think it makes him a jerk and a crook, but why a killer? Why does it have anything to do with the murders?
Go to the for justice for Darlie site and read Darin's writ he admits to the car scam with the Jag.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
Go to the for justice for Darlie site and read Darin's writ he admits to the car scam with the Jag.
I have. The Jag being stolen was not a scam. He mentioned to some fool that he "wouldn't mind if the Jag got stolen" and then this moron stole it. No claim was filed and Darin got the car back. This was in '94.
What he did admit to was asking around about a possible home burgarly scam in the Spring of '96

beesy said:
I have. The Jag being stolen was not a scam. He mentioned to some fool that he "wouldn't mind if the Jag got stolen" and then this moron stole it. No claim was filed and Darin got the car back. This was in '94.
What he did admit to was asking around about a possible home burgarly scam in the Spring of '96

And that can't be supported either. Only one person says he was asked by Darin about it and that was Darlie's stepfather a whole three days before the crime. The stepfather didn't know anyone who could do it so it is not likely that he sent someone out to Dalrock Heights. Darin has never named one single other person he talked to about it or even one single place he walked into and annouced, "Hey, guys, listen up. I want someone to break into my house and rip me off so I can scam the insurance company. Any volunteers?" LOL! Give me a break. They are going to have to do a lot better than this if they want to convince people any of this actually happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back