Othram - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for Othram..If there is a case your interested in taking on, what are the steps you need to take in order to get the clearance to do so? I'm so intrigued by DNA and the incredible difference its making!
Side note..you/lab are so appreciated!

Question for Othram..If there is a case your interested in taking on, what are the steps you need to take in order to get the clearance to do so? I'm so intrigued by DNA and the incredible difference its making!
Side note..you/lab are so appreciated!

Good question. Here is our process:

1. Someone brings a case to our lab's attention. Sometimes the person is from law enforcement, sometimes an Othram case manager finds a case, and sometimes the public brings a case to our attention.

2. If law enforcement agrees to allow Othram to participate, we ask them to submit the case details here: request.othram.com. We offer free consultations by phone and free quotes. It costs nothing for law enforcement to submit a case for consideration.

3. If there is suitable evidence available for the case, the Othram lab will accept the case. Alternatively, it goes into the Othram backlog where we keep the case in mind, just in case we can accept it at a later date. We never forget a case.

4. Once a case is accepted, we send instructions and documentation to the agency and they can officially submit evidence to our lab.

Not sure that there is a Websleuths thread but here is a new case solve:
Murdered WW1 Veteran from Queens is now Identified

Help us find the thread, if one exists! We assisted the Queens DA‘s office, NYPD, and the FBI in identifying this unknown homicide victim. The victim was a WW1 vet and the identification has also led to the arrest of the suspect in the murder!

Not sure that there is a Websleuths thread but here is a new case solve:
Murdered WW1 Veteran from Queens is now Identified

Help us find the thread, if one exists! We assisted the Queens DA‘s office, NYPD, and the FBI in identifying this unknown homicide victim. The victim was a WW1 vet and the identification has also led to the arrest of the suspect in the murder!
Here is his thread.

NY - NY - Queens, 115th St, WhtMale 50-90, UP57120, poss buried since 70s, Mar'19

Congrats, Othram, you’ve cracked one of the internet’s favorite cases!

Great job. That was definitely one of the biggies. I'm not sure which one would be next. Maybe it would be Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. An easy reference point is when the thread(s) began, and number of pages. Arroyo Grande Jane Doe has threads here dating to 2005.

There are several higher profile Las Vegas area cases, including Sahara Sue from the late '70s and Las Vegas Jane Doe from 1982. The Review Journal frequently publishes articles indicating the coroner's office is determined to close the local cases, but I'm not sure if they ever reach out to Othram and others:

Coroner continues search for real names of John and Jane Does

Great job. That was definitely one of the biggies. I'm not sure which one would be next. Maybe it would be Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. An easy reference point is when the thread(s) began, and number of pages. Arroyo Grande Jane Doe has threads here dating to 2005.

There are several higher profile Las Vegas area cases, including Sahara Sue from the late '70s and Las Vegas Jane Doe from 1982. The Review Journal frequently publishes articles indicating the coroner's office is determined to close the local cases, but I'm not sure if they ever reach out to Othram and others:

Coroner continues search for real names of John and Jane Does

Thanks @Awsi Dooger. We do work in Las Vegas. Most recently:
After 32 years, Stephanie Isaacson's Killer is Identified

We appreciate you sharing this list of John and Jane Does. We will ask and see if we can help work some of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288