Othram - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay tuned for more solves, to be announced in this Websleuths thread and by email (if you prefer that sort of thing). You can subscribe to our email alerts here: Latest Updates from DNASolves.

Reminder, if you want to play with our map-based views, try this:

After this week, the Washington State page is look extra full:

Last edited:
Othram, would you be interested in taking up some suicide cases? An identity is all they need.
Here are some suggestions:
NamUs #UP633 (thread) - committed suicide in a hotel lobby
NamUs #UP1101 (thread) - a man found hanging in the woods with a note that said he was depressed, ill and lacked money for medication
NamUs #UP9862 (thread) - man found hanging from a tree in a desolate area
NamUs #UP9009 (thread) - a man found hanging from a billboard
NamUs #UP88342 (thread) - probably suggested already, young man who left a long well written note

Othram, would you be interested in taking up some suicide cases? An identity is all they need.
Here are some suggestions:
NamUs #UP633 (thread) - committed suicide in a hotel lobby
NamUs #UP1101 (thread) - a man found hanging in the woods with a note that said he was depressed, ill and lacked money for medication
NamUs #UP9862 (thread) - man found hanging from a tree in a desolate area
NamUs #UP9009 (thread) - a man found hanging from a billboard
NamUs #UP88342 (thread) - probably suggested already, young man who left a long well written note
Thanks for the list. We will take a look.

Virginia has launched a new database of cold cases, featuring cases of homicide, missing people, and unidentified remains. The initial cases are mainly cases with the involvement of state police but local departments will gradually add to it. I have a hope that NamUs will one day expand to list homicides. This database is mostly homicides for now, a database of homicides is sorely needed I think.

Does anything catch your eye?

Here is a case of rape and homicide so there's a high likelihood of genetic material being gathered as evidence.
The next most promising case could be this one as it involves physical assault.

The news:
The actual database:

Virginia has launched a new database of cold cases, featuring cases of homicide, missing people, and unidentified remains. The initial cases are mainly cases with the involvement of state police but local departments will gradually add to it. I have a hope that NamUs will one day expand to list homicides. This database is mostly homicides for now, a database of homicides is sorely needed I think.

Does anything catch your eye?

Here is a case of rape and homicide so there's a high likelihood of genetic material being gathered as evidence.
The next most promising case could be this one as it involves physical assault.

The news:
The actual database:
Thread started..

@othram do you take on cases where the victim of a crime is known but the perpetrator is not? You seem to concentrate on "Doe's" or unidentified persons who may or may not be crime victim's. Thanks.

@othram do you take on cases where the victim of a crime is known but the perpetrator is not? You seem to concentrate on "Doe's" or unidentified persons who may or may not be crime victim's. Thanks.
We do both, unidentified victims and suspects. However, unidentified victims get announced more frequently and also faster.

New case solve announced:

I am going to suggest Rachael Runyan as a case. She was a sweet little girl (5?) Who was kidnapped, hogtied and left in a creek. They have paracord she was tied with and her underwear were found on land near her, not in the water. So, I think some DNA could be found. Her poor mom has not stopped searching and has not been able to rest since 1995. Her brother saw the kidnapper. The police released a sketch that appeared African American, but mom thinks he could have been Hispanic or even a very tan Caucasian.

Citizen detective podcast just did an episode on her. Through the whole thing, I just kept thinking othram is going to solve this one! She doesnt have to try to do this detective work. Science will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea