OU Fan Goes For The Texas Jewels

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by SeriouslySearching, Aug 30, 2007.

1. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

I am an OU fan, but this is a bit extreme! You should not mess with the family jewels...even if they are from Texas! OUCH!

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Two men involved in a confrontation at an Oklahoma City bar last month - leaving one of them injured - are telling different stories about what happened after one of them walked in wearing a University of Texas shirt.

Allen Michael Beckett, 53, faces a felony charge of assault and battery as a result of the incident. He is accused of tearing the scrotum of Brian Thomas, 32, after Beckett taunted Thomas for wearing the Texas shirt on June 17.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=5d1922ad-e9dd-4c79-921f-654e9f887724

2. Loading...

3. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

What a holes!!

I just never understood the intense feelings over sports.

4. SeriouslySearching

The OU/Texas rivalry runs very deep around here. I never quite understood it myself, but it is across the board with females and males alike. They take their football team very seriously here! I see a literal sea of crimson and cream on a daily basis. LOL (With the occassional orange and black colors of OSU tossed among them like fish out of water!)

5. Autumn2004

Autumn2004 Inactive

OMG! Im sorry but if you go to this extent over someone wearing a t shirt of team you dont like you are mentally insane. You have totally lost your marbles if you get this upset over an article of clothing.

6. SeriouslySearching

Did I mention this was Oklahoma?! Can ya say, "Redneck"?! LOL (I can being I am from Oklahoma!) We have a few of those left around here...sad to say.

7. texasgirl

texasgirl Justice for Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

I knew our rivalry was BAD....but not that bad. Yikes!

8. SeriouslySearching

LOL Texasgirl! I am not an OU snob myself. I like OSU, too. >wink< Hahahaha~