P.I. "Cobra", feels confident there will be a break in case soon #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that the best ones manage to stay under our radar for the most part, because I can't believe that media attention and getting to be (in)famous and instantly recognizable often helps them in their endeavours to elicit information about and from the bad guys.

Agree

When discussion was aplenty about searching these local islands ... did Cobra ever mention anything about the Squires and Cummings men fire hunting on those islands and with dynamite charges? Someone was talking about it... now I don't remember who.

When discussion was aplenty about searching these local islands ... did Cobra ever mention anything about the Squires and Cummings men fire hunting on those islands and with dynamite charges? Someone was talking about it... now I don't remember who.

Sounds like a rumor to me...

lol....what is fire hunting? and dynamite charges? :doh:

lol....what is fire hunting? and dynamite charges? :doh:

I know some people fish like that, but I'm not sure how wise it is to throw charges into the woods without starting a wild fire.

I know some people fish like that, but I'm not sure how wise it is to throw charges into the woods without starting a wild fire.

oh....lmbo, that was funny. I thought I missed some "breaking news"

didn't crystal family take a boat out at nite to search..iirc.

Was that a rumor thread item? I surely believe that's where I read it. But perhaps they did. Maybe they thought they could see a campfire or somesuch.

Fire hunting: I think it means using semi-automatics to kill wildlife (deer, etc), or using small explosives to shock kill fish so they float to the surface for retrieval. Fire hunting is illegal in a lot of areas.

Way way back I've experimented fishing in Fla. using ash can fireworks lashed together in quarries or rock pits.

I've got loads of experience in military explosives but never heard of hunting with explosives. Although the use of explosives can get creative and just because I've not heard of it dosen't mean someone else didn't try.

Explosives can be used to put out fires, they extinguish fires in oil wells with explosives if need be.

Oil well fires are more difficult to extinguish than regular fires due to the enormous fuel supply for the fire. In fighting a fire at a wellhead, typically high explosives, such as dynamite, are used to consume all the local atmospheric oxygen and snuff the flame out. Doing so removes the oxygen necessary for the fire to burn, but the fire's fuel, whether it be natural gas or oil, is still present which can shower down upon the working crew.

So not sure where we're going with this.

I heard Cobra was trying to raise 10 grand, do we know why or where he plans on searching? Sounds like a lot of money....

No rumor. I just need to find out if it was Cobra talking about it before I can discuss it. And if there is no link to whoever discussed it ... then it is kapoots as far as discussion.

kitty, I believe they did.. that was on a news report way early about them taking a boat out and searching some of the local islands.

I'm not either, what does this have to do with Cobra feeling confident about break in the case :)

Just that this island thing was a big topic at one time... and I saw it here somewhere about the Cummings side and other uncles of RC knowing those islands like the backs of their hands from hunting and stuff... fishing too maybe. It seems hokey, creepy, scarey and a few other things to me against that back drop, but if this doesn't belong here - please remove it. People fire and dynamite hunt in lots of States ... doesn't make it nice - but....

Fire hunting: I think it means using semi-automatics to kill wildlife (deer, etc), or using small explosives to shock kill fish so they float to the surface for retrieval. Fire hunting is illegal in a lot of areas.
-------------
I don't think that the fact it is illegal would stop these gentlemen from hunting this way. It is a very vile way of killing wildlife.......:banghead:

I thought about hunting areas as soon as I saw Ron's arrest record with the hunting violations. I'm assuming that searchers have searched the islands and other hunting areas for Haleigh. Please someone tell me that these have been searched. I do not remember them being mentioned except for Crystal and others going by boat to search. Maybe I'm assuming too much in this case. I wish there was a grid search map showing areas that have been searched. Anyone? Is there one? If hunting areas have not been searched, then they need to be!

When the islands were first being discussed here I thought it nothing much too. Since that time recalling the fire and dynamite hunting stuff, the Squires and Cummings knowing these islands like the backs of their hands, it all feels ugly to me. I think RC was just caught for using the wrong weapon for the season ... not much until you think about the totality of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member