P.I. Says He Videotaped Area Where Caylee Was Later Found #3 (Including Presser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could somebody please state what all of the PI stuff implies? Is it that they knew where the body was a long time ago and did not tell authorities? Or they were staking it out in order to move it? I don't get it:confused:

I can try, but you really basically have it that there isn't total agreement among all the speculators. I think that the first "breaking news" supposedly came from PI H, who supposedly claimed that he has video taken of the site where Caylee's remains ultimately were recovered, taken in mid-November. The implication was that it showed she wasn't there at the time. (I think). This PI supposedly was working for the A family in some capacity at the time of these events. Someone in the media supposedly saw a portion of this video. Stopping right here, I wonder why H went public and with this spin? The most innocent interpretation would be that a person went there in Nov. with a video camera with no foreknowlege of Caylee, AND did not find her and keep it to himself. This would be favorable to the defense. The defense has been seeking tips, photos, etc. of the site to aid in their case. The LE response to these reports was that they'd be interested in speaking to people who were there looking around in November, and were curious about WHY. Nothing is ever uncomplicated in this case.

Somewhere in here, the name of a former investigator for the defense, PI C, got into the mix. Mr. Baez, Casey A's attorney, filed a motion to prevent any attorney/client privileges to be revealed to LE during any questioning of PI C. He worked for the defense until October, so it is reported, and currently works for the A family. The Baez motion fueled the fires of speculation, as did some statements from the BH, LP, concerning phone conversation he had with PI H back in Nov. Despite claims by PI C that he and PI H did not work together or have an association, there are reports that the alleged video taken by H shows C at the site; that the two of them were there 2 days in row, one filming and one taking photos. These raise the worst case speculation about the PI activities: that is, that they knew as early as November that Caylee's remains were there, and went there to either investigate or worse, to "go get her." Does that mean remove her or reveal that she is there? I don't think there is agreement among all the speculators as to which position they take as to what the PI's might have been doing, from whom they got any information they acted on, etc.

Some people have brought LA into this mix; other think the MM is somehow a part of whatever was going on, if anything. The statements of explanation by PI C have not been accepted as gospel by everyone. There was also a lot going on in the case back in November that people find relevant or suspicious to various degrees. In all fairness, I think POV on what all this stuff means may depend IN PART on how people view the A family and/or LP and their credibility. It will be interesting to see what LE finds out.

I think Hoover was hired by someone else like LP to get the info on the Anthonys and their PI. Baez and them are not the only ones who can hire a PI.

That would certainly explain why JH would call LP and tell him about the video.

While I don't think it would be LP...it could be someone who was willing to pay for information on them. If so, what does that say about DC's capabilities as a PI when the spy becomes the spied upon? LOL (reminds me of those Mad Mag cartoons)
Oh, if this is the case...I will buy that person a drink!! Brilliant plan!
Hey SS,
Why don't you think it was LP? He had contact with JH and kept coming up with "inside info".

Okay I have been trying to wrap my head around this - If KC was home and told something to her parents, who told one of the PIs, even if that PI was employed by JB its not covered under privilege. Only things that KC tells directly to JB are covered - if someone else is in the room, privilege is destroyed. I think. That's where I get confused.

Here are links from the bar association about privilege written in plain english. http://www.abanet.org/media/issues/acprivilegeqa.html I've been going through my own ABA things as well. This may not be relevant AT ALL but when JB called privilege about the PI, i started wondering WTF

Because he didn't call LP in November when it was taking place.

If Hoover was working for LP, we'd have heard about it in Nov., that's for sure. I have my thoughts on who he was hired by, but there's nothing out there to verify that he was in fact "hired/retained" by someone. (not so far, anyway)

It's not bad journalism to not name a source. Good reporters write source based stories all the time.

It's only bad journalism when they write a source based story without verifying it in some way, usually by checking with another source.

In this case, though, I don't think you need to name a source. It's implied that the person holding the press conference or their spokesperson announced the press conference would be held and then announced it was cancelled.

If my source told me something would happen, didn't want his/her name mentioned, I aired it, and that something never happened, I would consider my source unreliable.

I definitely think there are still some missing pieces to this puzzle with regards to the meter man and the P.I.s ... I don't think it's anything on the nefarious side, but my "logic meter" is pinging.

snipped

IMO, it's altogether logical that the meter man mentioned his suspicions to someone other than LE between August and November. That information may have gotten around to DC. I wouldn't bet the farm that's the way it went down, but it's possible.

IMO, it's altogether logical that the meter man mentioned his suspicions to someone other than LE between August and November. That information may have gotten around to DC. I wouldn't bet the farm that's the way it went down, but it's possible.

What would have prevented the MR from calling the Anthony house anonymously and telling them that he "found the remains of a child in a trashbag in the Suburban/Hopespring woods. It is still there. Goodbye." Click.

Okay I have been trying to wrap my head around this - If KC was home and told something to her parents, who told one of the PIs, even if that PI was employed by JB its not covered under privilege. Only things that KC tells directly to JB are covered - if someone else is in the room, privilege is destroyed. I think. That's where I get confused.

Here are links from the bar association about privilege written in plain english. http://www.abanet.org/media/issues/acprivilegeqa.html I've been going through my own ABA things as well. This may not be relevant AT ALL but when JB called privilege about the PI, i started wondering WTF

Here's my overimagination at work:
HL examines the car trunk and tells JB there is no doubt about the human decomposition.
JB goes to KC and says " IF the nanny:rolleyes: hurt/killed Caylee where do you think she would leave her?."
KC then tells JB about some woods near her house where the nanny dumped her trash one day...Maybe around there.
JB sends DC out to look and he calls JH to video tape it .This way they can show the tape to JB and prove the body is not there.or is there:waitasec:
Second scenario:
Back when DC supposedly worked for JB ,JB asked KC this hypothetical question and DC overheard it or saw it in writing. After some thinking he decides to check it out.JH follows him.

If Hoover was working for LP, we'd have heard about it in Nov., that's for sure. I have my thoughts on who he was hired by, but there's nothing out there to verify that he was in fact "hired/retained" by someone. (not so far, anyway)
You could post it on the rumor thread in the parking lot!:)

Because he didn't call LP in November when it was taking place.

Hi SS,
Do you know that for sure, or feel LP is guessing again? Either way he inserted himself here in something very serious. Pretty dumb to do that especially with al the potential fireworks to come. :eek:

What would have prevented the MR from calling the Anthony house anonymously and telling them that he "found the remains of a child in a trashbag in the Suburban/Hopespring woods. It is still there. Goodbye." Click.

Back in August, he wasn't sure what he had found. He tried to follow proper protocol, calling authorities, etc. It's possible that, when LE didn't investigate the area to his satisfaction, he mentioned it over the dinner table and word got around.

I was wondering what might prevent him from calling the Anthonys himself anonymously, and leaving basically the same tip as he did with LE.

I can't figure out why he called LP AT ALL! He knew LP would make it public.
However, LP didn't make it public until later that we know of...correct? I believe it was after LE and the FBI were informed and they had control of the situation somewhat.

I was wondering what might prevent him from calling the Anthonys himself anonymously, and leaving basically the same tip as he did with LE.
Perhaps meter guy, just by watching the case, surmised that the A fam would not take a tip that Caylee was deceased and act on it in a way beneficial to Caylee. He wanted LE to know in the best interest of Caylee and why he kept calling them. I honestly don't believe he would risk calling the A fam hotline with such information. (I could be wrong tho!)

Yes, the contract between the Baez Law Firm and Dominic C. terminated in October. This fact was confirmed last night on NG by her producer but the fact is also in the written record. If my statement is suspect, I will try to locate that record.

If he's following the case like we are, he probably didn't trust the As with the tip. I know I certainly wouldn't be sharing it with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288