PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018.

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by margarita25, Oct 27, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

2. cybervampira

CNN live: Shooter had big collection of weapons.

Anance, JDough, oceanblueeyes and 4 others like this.
  3. cybervampira

CNN live: Shooter called his gun collection his ”Glock Family“.

GarAndTeed, Anance, JDough and 4 others like this.
  4. HoneyWest

HoneyWest Well-Known Member

It's Time to Talk About What's Radicalizing White Male Terrorists

Keane, Anance, JaneEyre and 12 others like this.
  5. cybervampira

CNN live: Shooter had valid license to carry.

6. OTPTarheel2018

OTPTarheel2018 Well-Known Member

Snark alert.
    Shooter’s photo released by media is more flattering than the one on his GAB account. He face looks his name was “Blob” not Rob.
    JMO

simba16 and cybervampira like this.
  7. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

Yes, learn more about the victims in all of these cases. The means to do so exists. Many, many stories were written about them. There are threads here about many of them, too.

Unfortunately, I must also agree with you to a certain extent because there are simply so, so, so many victims. Hundreds. Thousands. It’s difficult to remember them all, and it’s tragic. Heartbreaking.

Indy Anna, Keane, GarAndTeed and 8 others like this.
  8. cybervampira

9. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

I have certainly read and learned about the victims but okay and thanks for the suggestion on how to educate myself. However those articles are not as frequent and they die down after the shootings. But the articles about the killers keep on coming, years after the tragedies.

Anance, LaborDayRN, MKZoo and 4 others like this.
  10. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I hear you. My daughter married into a Jewish family and her toddler son, my grandson is being raised to know his Jewish heritage. He attends a story time at a neighborhood synagogue weekly and I worry for him. Actually I worry period. As a former teacher and now substitute in my former (work) high school, we have armed guards at the door. And the school is semi rural South Jersey. You're correct when you say it's fearful everywhere. Sad.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  11. EuTuCroquet?

I’m not telling you what to do. I’m agreeing with you that the the victims are important. I apologize for not making that more clear.

I’ve been reading about the second anniversary of the Pulse shootings, and the survivors. The anniversary of the Vegas shootings and the memorials and rememberances, too. Same with 9/11, the Oklahoma City bombing, the murder of Blaze Bernstein, the Columbine victims, the Virginia Tech survivors and victims.

Their tragedies and stories live long after these perpetrators either off themselves or end up in prison. But that’s just my opinion.

The justice process is also reported on, which can take years. Perpetrators admittedly gain some infamy from their crimes, but the pursuit of justice is newsworthy and necessary, imo.

The victims’ lives, stories, resilience, survival and experiences are indeed exceedingly important, imo. I definitely agree with you on that.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Keane, kimlynn, LaborDayRN and 6 others like this.
  12. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Yes their stories are more important than the stories of the shooters. Let professionals analyze the shooters privately to look for patterns, triggers, etc. But I wish the media would tone down reporting on the killers and focus more on the victims. It doesn’t seem as bad when it’s “just” one victim, but in these mass victim murders, the media can’t help themselves when it comes to reporting on the “scandalous” details of the shooter. Human nature I guess, but I think it would really be a good thing if it was toned down a notch or ten.

13. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

What a terrible terrible day, 11 people dead because of their faith. On the Sabbath no less. In a sacred holy space devoted to life, it has become the deadliest attack on the Jewish Community in the history of our country. I am so very sorry my Jewish brothers and sisters. I weep with you.

14. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It's true. There's a great documentary I watched called I Am. It was abouthow a movie producer went around the world and talked to all the most brilliant minds and scientists in order to determine whether humans are inherently evil, selfish and violent or inherently coooperative and good.

I won't spoil the film but in it some researchers show how simply smiling and being positive affects the actual air around you. It causes changes in molecules and changes people you encounter.

Well need to smile more at others and try to spread kindness like @margarita25!!

The Physics of Emotion: Candace Pert on Feeling Go(o)d • Six Seconds

It's an all around incredible documentary and it really has a lot of other good stuff in it. Amazing. Like how the earth has a pulse that can be tracked and how it sort of sighs deeply every time there is a horrible, massive scale tragedy.

Sounds like real hippy stuff but it's all backed by real science and research which I like.

It's available on Netflix I think:

GarAndTeed, MassGuy, JDough and 15 others like this.
  15. EuTuCroquet?

The details are important. The who, what, when, where, and the how and why.

I totally get where you’re coming from, and understand the point you’re making. Coverage can feel — and, at times BE — lopsided. Balancing the coverage should indeed be deliberate and thoughtful, and that doesn’t always happen.

16. EuTuCroquet?

17. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Oh my goodness Gitana1!
    The trailer brought me to tears!
    THANK YOU so much for sharing this.
    Am on the hunt to find and view it now.
    “The SHIFT is about to hit the fan.”
    BRILLIANT!

18. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

I lived there too, and loved it. Pittsburgh was never home but Squirrel Hill (the Squill) was very much my home. It's a special place - one I think most Pittsburghers have a connection to one way or another.

19. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

Just got home. I am crying. For my children. And my future grandchildren. Unbelievable. We can’t even gather to pray anymore and be safe. I’m so angry

20. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

Amen.