GUILTY PA - 12 girls found in home of man charged w/sex assault, Bucks County, 16 June 2016

New article:

Amish men do not wear mustaches. Amish women always wear a headcovering.
Most significantly, Amish parents absolutely do not "gift" away their children.
he question arose when officers visited his home on Old Street Road to investigate a complaint from the fire marshal about excessive smoke from an outdoor grill on the slightly more than one-third acre property, according to police sources. Kaplan accused the neighbors of complaining because he was Amish and they didn't like his lifestyle. Police also found a small child, a baby and an older woman, later identified as the mother of the 10 girls. Kaplan told police the woman was the wife of his business partner, and the family would be moving into his Lower Southampton home in phases while their Lancaster home was renovated, the source said.
While police believe the 18-year-old had been living with Kaplan at the Lower Southampton house for the last four years, it remained unclear Monday how long the other nine girls — her sisters — had been there. A source close to the investigation said the children's mother had been living at the home for "quite a while." The couple and their children reportedly moved back and forth between Kaplan's home and a rented farmhouse in Quarryville where a 19-year-old son is living,

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_f467ff38-3715-11e6-8d81-a32f5db82d73.html

(p.s. can anyone post a 'non-scribd' version of the criminal complaint?) tia.

New article:

he question arose when officers visited his home on Old Street Road to investigate a complaint from the fire marshal about excessive smoke from an outdoor grill on the slightly more than one-third acre property, according to police sources. Kaplan accused the neighbors of complaining because he was Amish and they didn't like his lifestyle. Police also found a small child, a baby and an older woman, later identified as the mother of the 10 girls. Kaplan told police the woman was the wife of his business partner, and the family would be moving into his Lower Southampton home in phases while their Lancaster home was renovated, the source said.
While police believe the 18-year-old had been living with Kaplan at the Lower Southampton house for the last four years, it remained unclear Monday how long the other nine girls — her sisters — had been there. A source close to the investigation said the children's mother had been living at the home for "quite a while." The couple and their children reportedly moved back and forth between Kaplan's home and a rented farmhouse in Quarryville where a 19-year-old son is living,

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_f467ff38-3715-11e6-8d81-a32f5db82d73.html

BBM. From this article: Kaplan accused the neighbors of complaining because he was Amish and they didn't like his lifestyle. <snip>

The husband told a Lancaster newspaper in 2009 that he and his family were shunned by the church after its leaders found out about his business relationship with Kaplan, who is Jewish. But the allegations in the federal suit do not make sense to Erik Wesner, the founder of AmishAmerica.com. Amish people typically have business dealings with non-Amish people, including Muslims and Jews. The vast majority of Amish customers are not Amish, he added.

So which is it? Is he Jewish or Amish?? Really it's irrelevant. Personally I think all 3 adults in this case are liars who are crying religious discrimination as an excuse to get away with their criminal behaviors and lack of responsibility. Jews don't condone such despicable behavior either.:snooty::puke::puke::puke:

Really good article.

Was Lancaster County couple 'brainwashed' into giving away 14-year-old daughter?

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/06/lancaster_county_couple_gave_a.html

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Woooo! They are going to have a lot of years of really hard work to minimize the damage done to these girls. Not only were they abused, but their parents had them in a situation telling them it was good and that their concerned family was bad. It will not be easy to change that mindset. My thoughts are with them and the counselor that has the task of helping them.

New article:

While police believe the 18-year-old had been living with Kaplan at the Lower Southampton house for the last four years, it remained unclear Monday how long the other nine girls &#8212; her sisters &#8212; had been there. A source close to the investigation said the children's mother had been living at the home for "quite a while." The couple and their children reportedly moved back and forth between Kaplan's home and a rented farmhouse in Quarryville where a 19-year-old son is living,

So basically, DS pimped out all of the females in his family to LK.

No gag order in Amish girls' rescue case, judge's office says, after private hearing Tuesday.
Instead, Judge Robert J. Mellon's office says it was a dependency hearing that took place Tuesday morning and which was closed to the public. Dependency hearings usually involve issues of child custody in cases of abuse or neglect.

Preliminary hearings in all 3 cases are scheduled for Aug. 2 in a Bucks County District Court.

And more here: http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/06/judge_issues_gag_order_in_resc.html

Teen 'gifted' to Pennsylvania man living with 12 underaged girls is still in love with accused pervert, impregnated at 14

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...underaged-girls-loves-creep-article-1.2684198

That is because unfortunately this young girl doesn't know the meaning of love. She likely didn't ever feel true unconditional love from her parents when she should have. SO very sad!!! I hope she can get good counseling to help her understand that her situation is NOT her fault.

Teen 'gifted' to Pennsylvania man living with 12 underaged girls is still in love with accused pervert, impregnated at 14

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...underaged-girls-loves-creep-article-1.2684198

This is going to be a long, hard, uphill road for these kids and the counselors trying to help them. Especially this oldest one. As a teenaged female, it is natural for her to equate sex with loving feelings, especially when called his "wife" and with the blessing of your "parents". It will take years before she realizes just how victimized she was. Its exactly why I said the counselors will have a huge task here. I have a Masters degree in counseling, so of course, the clinical aspect struck me immediately. I want to hug this girl and give her a minute to be a child. She was forced into adulthood and parenting far too early.

Police found the frightened girls hiding in chicken coops along with musical instruments and homework in the basement when they investigated the home.

The children asked officials if they could get their musical instruments back.

I hope they gave them their instruments. It is clearly one of the ways they escape the horror of reality. To encourage a healthy outlet at this point would be great. They will open up more with the comfort of their own music. Poor babies!!!!

&#8220;He&#8217;d come to the door with no shirt on, that big beard. I knew he was crazy,&#8221; Brendan Cragg, who&#8217;d be delivering packages in the neighborhood for 10 years, told NBC Philadelphia. &#8220;It kind up stunk in there, I thought, like cat piss. I thought he was a hoarder.&#8221;

I love a mail delivery person!!!!! They see and know so much! They will know when someone hasnt picked up their mail, what is usual, if certain cars are usually there, the state of their house..... I think they should be one of the first ones to talk to in every case. My mailman is a huge part of my life, as I sell online. He would (sadly) probably be one of the first people to know if something was wrong in my household. And he knows who my mom is and where she lives (on the same route). They know a LOT!!!! They see it every single day. An unobtrusive observer, if you will. People might look around for the neighbors of the police, but a mailman blends into the scenery as usual.

I love this guy's description most of all! :)

Am I reading it correctly...he "gifted" K.S. and T.S.?

Heaven only knows what the man may have read on the internet. But, the reality is, there is surprisingly little regulation when it comes to a parent transferring custody of a child to someone else. Came up in a recent Arkansas case of a legislator "re-homing" two girls he adopted. While he had to jump through some hoops (and there were questions about the undue use of influence to sway DHS in the matter) in order to adopt the girls initially, as they were in state custody, there was apparently nothing whatsoever to either prevent him later transferring custody (he and his wife having determined that the little girls were "possessed" and very difficult to parent) to someone else--without any requirement for home study, approval or anything else. Ended badly as the kids were placed with an acquaintance having pedophilic tendancies.

When the case hit, many people suddenly became aware of the practice of "rehoming" kids--particularly adopted kids, frequently adopted internationally (where there are both fewer regulations to begin with and fewer support options for families who discover themselves to be in over their heads with troubled kids). You can imagine the kinds of results from "rehoming" kids based on internet connections.

Heaven only knows what the man may have read on the internet. But, the reality is, there is surprisingly little regulation when it comes to a parent transferring custody of a child to someone else. Came up in a recent Arkansas case of a legislator "re-homing" two girls he adopted. While he had to jump through some hoops (and there were questions about the undue use of influence to sway DHS in the matter) in order to adopt the girls initially, as they were in state custody, there was apparently nothing whatsoever to either prevent him later transferring custody (he and his wife having determined that the little girls were "possessed" and very difficult to parent) to someone else--without any requirement for home study, approval or anything else. Ended badly as the kids were placed with an acquaintance having pedophilic tendancies.

When the case hit, many people suddenly became aware of the practice of "rehoming" kids--particularly adopted kids, frequently adopted internationally (where there are both fewer regulations to begin with and fewer support options for families who discover themselves to be in over their heads with troubled kids). You can imagine the kinds of results from "rehoming" kids based on internet connections.

Thread re: "Rehoming" http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...xually-abused-her&highlight=arkansas+adoption

They should lock those worthless 'parents' up and throw away the key. :jail: :jail:

I'm bettin' they will. Charge after charge after charge, and prolly a good no. of "conspiracy" charges. too. In my state, statutory rape and/or rape can carry some very stiff and long penalties. I feel sure it's very similar in PA. Those folks may as well get comfortable behind bars. (Yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but at least there is a chance of stiff penalties.)

Interesting how the "fathers" regard these female children in very different ways, seems to me. One apparently regards his female offspring as expendable and negotiable, not useful IMO, and possibly as "stock." The other sees them as sex toys.

At least those children are away from that now and with each other. Bless them, and may they sleep without fear or nightmares tonight and every night.

Grrrrrr.

Woooo! They are going to have a lot of years of really hard work to minimize the damage done to these girls. Not only were they abused, but their parents had them in a situation telling them it was good and that their concerned family was bad. It will not be easy to change that mindset. My thoughts are with them and the counselor that has the task of helping them.

You said it -- the same thoughts were rolling in my mind, too. What a load they have been carrying, and I don't see any easy paths for them. Intense therapy would prolly be indicated, but on whose dime? And would they be too brain-washed and too "unimportant" feeling to think that they deserved any kindness or attention? They were "only" females, you know. That's "city-folk" stuff. Talk about being led down a really squiggly path and really messed-up self-worth, the-value-of-me, etc., etc.

Makes me wanna holler.

Why on earth would someone with severe financial troubles going back to 2005 continue popping out children!? Wtf?

Here's more background information on the father of the children.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...accused-of-gifting-girl/ar-AAhAOZJ?li=BBnbfcL

Daniel Stoltzfus' Amish mother always viewed him as her prodigal son, the only one of her 13 children to have left the religious order known for its modest dress, plain ways and insular culture.

In the biblical parable, of course, the wayward child comes home. But "Dan" never did, abandoning his Amish faith more than a dozen years ago and falling in with a man named Lee Kaplan.

Something happened...

Amish who knew Daniel Stoltzfus, 43, said he never forgave himself after running over his young son with a piece of farm equipment in 2001, killing him. Within two years, Daniel and Savilla had left the church.

"When you face trials, it either makes you bitter or sweet. ... When a person can't handle things, they do radical things," said a family friend who, like other Amish interviewed by The Associated Press, did not want to be seen as violating a cultural taboo against seeking attention and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The couple almost entirely withdrew from the Amish community, cutting ties with their parents even though they lived next door to his mother and father and just a few miles from her family's Lancaster County farm.

They also struck up an unusual friendship with Kaplan, whom Daniel had met on a business trip, and it was Kaplan who bailed them out after the couple got into a nasty dispute over a $300,000 loan from an Amish nonprofit.

He never forgave himself for the loss of his son, but...wait...what about losing all his daughters? The girls had grandparents and extended family, and end up in the care of some weird man.

Why on earth would someone with severe financial troubles going back to 2005 continue popping out children!? Wtf?

I'm thinking it prolly has to do with their religious beliefs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back