PA PA - Alivia Kail, 19, Allegheny County, 5 March 2011

Anyone see anything about mode of transportation? Did they drive? Assuming they did or there would be flight/bus documentation. If they drove, poor thing could be anywhere.

"They may have never even left for that supposed second trip," said Lance Kail, who said his sister called him during her first trip to Miami as soon as she stepped off the plane.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11089/1135671-53.stm#ixzz1I5fMcTeA

If they were flying, it'd be easy enough for LE to determine if tickets were bought or if she ever got on the plane to go back down.

Can anyone explain why the missing persons poster for Alivia Kail indicates as February 28 being the "last seen" date?

EYES: Green
HAIR: Brown
WEIGHT: 105 - 110 lb's
HEIGHT: 5'2 - 5'3
LAST SEEN: February 28th in Pittsburgh, PA on her way to Miami, FL
*** ANY INFO PLEASE CALL YOUR LOCAL POLICE OR 911.***
PLEASE HELP.
  • February 28th?
  • "lb's" in the possesive form? Should be "lbs".
I'm noting those items because of varying information so far presented in this case.
  • Who knew what, when?
  • When was the poster created, and by whom?
  • When did she really "go missing"?
  • When was it determined she was "missing"?
  • Was this poster assembled by police, a family member, a friend or someone else?

"They may have never even left for that supposed second trip," said Lance Kail, who said his sister called him during her first trip to Miami as soon as she stepped off the plane.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11089/1135671-53.stm#ixzz1I5fMcTeA

If they were flying, it'd be easy enough for LE to determine if tickets were bought or if she ever got on the plane to go back down.

Ms. Kail couldn't pay her cell phone bill but yet had enough money for multiple plane tickets .. unless they were purchased for her?

ETA: Did Ms. Alivia's family members pay her cell phone bill when they realized the service was disabled? Would't they want to keep the phone service active for her in case she attempts to contact them via her cell phone?

ETA: This from the article:

County police haven't been able to find the boyfriend. His driver's license led detectives to an address in Dormont, where his brother answered the door and referred police to the man's attorney.

How does a 20-something afford an attorney?

There's definitely something wrong with the boyfriend. He disconnected his phone? Not normal behavior when your girlfriend goes missing.

Not understanding LE. They can't find him, yet they won't publicly release him name so that someone in the general public can give the a lead on his whereabouts. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Ms. Kail couldn't pay her cell phone bill but yet had enough money for multiple plane tickets .. unless they were purchased for her?

ETA: Did Ms. Alivia's family members pay her cell phone bill when they realized the service was disabled? Would't they want to keep the phone service active for her in case she attempts to contact them via her cell phone?

When LE went to address where they thought he would be, his brother answered and immediately told them to contact his (I'm assuming the brother's ) lawyer. If a guy has a lawyer on standby, I'm thinking they may have money. Just sayin'.

ETA: This from the article:

How does a 20-something afford an attorney?

I assumed that it was a the atty of the brother who answered the door. We don't know his age. Also posted yesterday that in an article, they said the hired an out of state atty for this missing BF. Why an out of state attorney unless a crime happened in another state?

I suspect if he had his phone disconnected, it's because he doesn't want them to be able to ping.

Either that or he thinks they won't be able to recover his text messages, calls, etc. if it's disconnected.

Either way, him disconnecting his phone makes him look really bad.

Could this be Alivia?

Woman's Body Found in Tree

Emergency officials said a body has been recovered from the Monongahela River in Fayette City.

A tug boat operator reported finding the body at about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday along Naomi Road, between Lower Belle Vernon and Fayette City.

Officials said the woman's body was found tangled in low-hanging branches. The body was pulled from the river and turned over to the county coroner's office.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/27368375/detail.html

Either that or he thinks they won't be able to recover his text messages, calls, etc. if it's disconnected.

Either way, him disconnecting his phone makes him look really bad.

here's a dumb question. If LE was able to get provider to turn her service back on, would they be able to ping?

here's a dumb question. If LE was able to get provider to turn her service back on, would they be able to ping?

I'm almost positive they could recover her records (call log, text messages, etc) but I don't think they could ping it. It may depend on what type of phone she had though. iPhones and other "smartphones" like that have GPS trackers and other special features that I'm sure they could access. But just a regular cell phone, I don't think so.

Huber said Kail contacted her via Facebook while she was in Florida to ask for her telephone number, saying her boyfriend would not let her bring her cell phone on the trip. Huber said she never heard from Kail.

Read more: Missing woman's friends concerned - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_729719.html

something is seriously wrong here...and I find the LE complete silence rather odd..almost as if they are protecting the bf. Wouldn't they want to know if people saw them together after the last date seen etc?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...Feed:+CBSNewsPCAnswer+(PC+Answer:+CBSNews.com)
The boyfriend was approached by the family members and friends about the whereabouts of Alivia and he gave some conflicting stories as to where she was located," Allegheny County Police Lietenant Jeff Korczyk said to the station. "One story that she [was] dropped off in Mt. Washington and another that she was still down in Florida."

Hm.. Its looks very bad for for Alivia, AL & JL.. They also found a .22-caliber Ruger that had been reported stolen, a record of drug sales, drug packaging etc. (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11090/1136015-53.stm)

And the more AL & JL don't cooperate the more incriminating this whole situation becomes. After reading Alivia and her friend FB posts, I know they are no angels, however no one deserves to be severed from their love ones without everyone giving as much effort in finding her. Including her BF.

here is a bigger photo..

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/photo_187247.html?TB_iframe=true&height=460&width=720

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back