Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Her digital footprint has disappeared," said Cpl. Robert Kirby, of the Avondale Barracks, who is overseeing the investigation. "It's like she doesn't exist."
Can someone explain what that means?

There is a large pond on the Vanguard property. Not sure if security camera digital recordings were checked for that location.

Security on the Vanguard campus is extremely tight. There are many, many bodies of water in the area that would be safer to access. There is one very close to the Voya office, one at the townhouse community and many more.

The body of water would need to be deep enough for a body not to be visible to someone along the bank or in a boat and of a size that the chances of the water receding and exposing the remains would be remote.

The body of water would need to be deep enough for a body not to be visible to someone along the bank or in a boat and of a size that the chances of the water receding and exposing the remains would be remote.
Yep. That is why I was looking at quarries and Marsh Creek Lake, since it rapidly deepens away from shore where in most places it is a very steep decline immediately from the water edge as the links I posted to the depth charts show.

The only way I can think of to get remains out into Marsh Creek lake, far enough from shore to not be detected, would be to have the remains already in the boat and covered, launch the boat from the ramp across the lake from the Ranger station, and at a time when no one would be around to notice and accepting some risk that a Ranger might notice remains being dumped out of the boat. This is assuming that the actor or confederate owns or has access to a boat with an electric motor as outboards are not permitted at Marsh Creek. This scenario hints at more than one person being involved. The quarry scenario could be easily done by one person from what I could see, again with some risk of being seen by either someone out for a walk, a construction site guard or an unnoticed security camera. Remains would need to be weighted and secured with nylon rope or chain so as not to degrade until the remains had lost any chance of buoyancy. That would in effect, almost double the weight of the remains.

The only way I can think of to get remains out into Marsh Creek lake, far enough from shore to not be detected, would be to have the remains already in the boat and covered, launch the boat from the ramp across the lake from the Ranger station, and at a time when no one would be around to notice and accepting some risk that a Ranger might notice remains being dumped out of the boat. This is assuming that the actor or confederate owns or has access to a boat with an electric motor as outboards are not permitted at Marsh Creek. This scenario hints at more than one person being involved. The quarry scenario could be easily done by one person from what I could see, again with some risk of being seen by either someone out for a walk, a construction site guard or an unnoticed security camera. Remains would need to be weighted and secured with nylon rope or chain so as not to degrade until the remains had lost any chance of buoyancy. That would in effect, almost double the weight of the remains.
I only offer up places that should be searched if deep water is a consideration. Not that I think Anna will be found there. I personally do not believe that Anna was placed in deep water and likely not in water at all.

I would like to think that the DA's office Forensics team knows a lot more than they are sharing. They are a pretty nice group and I have worked with one of the detectives on another WS case. From the actors point of view, there are at least three LE agencies involved and quite a few of us. What are the statistical odds that with all the digging and poking (as it appears we have a lot more people and free time to do so than LE), one of us will find that little clue that breaks the case? It's not like we are ever going to let the case go cold, even if LE does.

Yep. That is why I was looking at quarries and Marsh Creek Lake, since it rapidly deepens away from shore where in most places it is a very steep decline immediately from the water edge as the links I posted to the depth charts show.

South of Malvern at Ridley Creek State Park has seen its share of body dumps. I think there's still a Jane Doe unidentified that was found there, albeit it seemed she was living in the woods and was well before this disappearance.

I'm friendly with a few native Polish women who live in the area and they've never mentioned this case despite that community being fairly tight knit.

State police: missing Malvern woman case now a murder investigation
FYI to all, during recent WS site update transition, local paper did feature Anna's case as front page cover story. I've not seen anyone comment or point out so i will furnish link for some of this latest media coverage.
From the article ...

“Her digital footprint has disappeared,” said Cpl. Robert Kirby, of the Avondale Barracks, who is overseeing the investigation. “It’s like she doesn’t exist.”

Pennsylvania State Police Embreeville Barracks have been gathering information on her whereabouts during the two weeks prior to her reported disappearance. She had that time off from work and planned to return on April 10, 2017.

Anyone know why the Avondale Barracks is overseeing the investigation while all contact information in articles say to contact Embreeville?

For LE to classify the case as a Murder Investigation, one would draw from that statement that there is evidence of a homicide. I am curious it is physical, circumstantial or both.

Security on the Vanguard campus is extremely tight. There are many, many bodies of water in the area that would be safer to access. There is one very close to the Voya office, one at the townhouse community and many more.

I don't doubt that the security is very tight. My question is it possible for an employee to gain egress to the pond without being seen? If so, is the pond deep enough and does it have a water flow that would prevent it going low enough to expose remains? What better place to hide remains than out in plain sight and protected by a security team? I always keep in mind the often used comment "what is the last place they would look?"

I don't doubt that the security is very tight. My question is it possible for an employee to gain egress to the pond without being seen? If so, is the pond deep enough and does it have a water flow that would prevent it going low enough to expose remains? What better place to hide remains than out in plain sight and protected by a security team? I always keep in mind the often used comment "what is the last place they would look?"

For at least 15 years, Anna has been at Voya/ING (not Vanguard). There are some people who have left and gone to Vanguard, but not typically the actuaries with whom she would have worked. To my knowledge, Anna's husband works at another insurance company in the city but I believe works from home.

I do agree the retaining pond at the bottom of the hill at the Glenloch complex where Voya is located is shallow and frequently recedes, it would be easy to spot something in the water. I also see people fishing there when the weather is nice, so I think someone would have spotted something there by now.

On another note, something on this has always stuck out to me. Last year, when the police held the press conference, the speaker said that they do not believe that there is any concern for residents in the area. I read into this that there was not a kidnapper or serial murderer on the loose, but how did they know this? I feel like even back then they had some shred of evidence to lead them to believe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress