GUILTY PA - Ashley Kline, 23, Berks County, 30 December 2013

BBM

why do criminals think..oh look a large wooded area with water..perfect place to dump a body and it wont be found...first place i'd look! lets just hope there's evidence and if it was a murder they catch the scum. dare we think suicide?

Because it gives them more time for forensic evidence to be destroyed? Bodies are found quicker when left in suburbs and towns. And I suppose there is also a desire to have the victim found a safe distance away from the perp's residence too.

who voluntarily leaves a personal item near a waste station....does make you wonder

I believe it was fenced off? So I'm wondering if an item was just thrown there, by someone passing (or fleeing) by the area? Maybe something that the person hadn't realized they still had on them, or was still in their vehicle?

.....or a really sly attempt to focus suspicion on someone who works there?

I know, was rhetorical. Just angry it could end in this sad state instead of a happy reunion

I have been following this story for the last several days. Saw the news report on WGAL 8 just a few minutes ago and they stated body was found on Laurel Drive, an unpaved road in the Middle Creek Wildlife area.

It's scary. I live in Newmanstown which is just north of the wildlife area by about 10 minutes. Womelsdorf and Robesonia are north east of Newmanstown just a few miles away, 5 minute drive.

The local area around here has a lot of back roads, country roads, and farm land but the PA turnpike can be reached with ease in about 20 minutes driving. Larger cities like Reading and Harrisburg are 30 - 50 minutes away.

Just wanted to give people here an idea of the local area. As of now the news stated they don't have confirmation on the gender but the location of the body isn't far from where Ashley had residence. (about 15/20 minutes due South of Womelsdorf/ Robesonia)

An added note: Someone posted on Lancater Online news in comments that people from the Hat Factory in Adamstown had come across Ashley's purse. This apparently was the evidence spoken about and why investigators searched the factory and drained a couple of waste areas. Adamstown is about 25 minutes east of the Middle Creek Wildlife area where the body was found. Find this info about purse in article comments here http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/941738_Investigators-search-Adamstown-waste-station-for-missing-Berks-County-woman.html

:seeya:actually waving "hello" to Eileen my buddy from RM thread!!

I agree----I think something happened in the house and she left abruptly or was taken----walking out/jsu leaving the house in the dark when its cold out sounds a little sketchy---IMO

Cawfee my friend how the heck are ya?

And still nothing on RM

Well what if she was harmed at home and taken out.
Has happened before wouldn't be anything new.

My husband says there's a mental institution near there

Not sure, but I think they are really on top of this. I heard it could be today. There are police involved from 3 counties as well as Pennsylvania State Police. The PSP are out of the Reading barracks, which is closest to the location the body was found- that is why you saw Reading mentioned.

Yes that's it
My husband lived in that area he has relatives there still

Could Ashley have been popping out to a local store at that time of night? That's one reason I hadn't considered for someone in their nightwear to throw on a coat and go out. The other one is having a dog.

Could Ashley have been popping out to a local store at that time of night? That's one reason I hadn't considered for someone in their nightwear to throw on a coat and go out. The other one is having a dog.

tbh honest depends on her clothing choice...my neighbor literally wears pjs and pajama coat all day and to bus stops......hard to tell.

What time did they say she left the house. 8?
That's not all that late and if she did t drive wouldn't those living with her
Would ask where she was going and if she had a ride and what time she would be back?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back