GUILTY PA - Ashley Kline, 23, Berks County, 30 December 2013

If I am repeating something already answered apologies------Have we had search dogs involved at all?? From her home and on the general path she would have travelled to her friends home.

<modsnip>

Just looking at this video and where the road into the woods is closed off but you can't see signs of police even in the most distant point - it would be so, so difficult to carry a body even that far, let alone further into the woods, where the body was actually found.

So I'd say that even if the perp lived very close by, they would still have needed a vehicle to get Ashley into those woods, unless she walked in there with him/her.

http://m.wgal.com/news/body-found-a...ea/-/17430522/23903412/-/88p43uz/-/index.html

This provides a good idea of the location of Middle Creek where the body was found, and why a vehicle would have been necessary. It's 2010, but time of year looks similar to now.

http://youtu.be/efzxNNKBGus

Heading out for the night sweetlings-----everyone stay safe and hopefully we will meet with good news tomorrow!!

Laurel is a public road that connects to another dirt road. I believe most of that property is part of Pa. state gamelands. I use those roads to road my dual sport motorcycle during warmer weather. I seldom see anyone down in that area except for an occasional dog walker or hiker. There are some other paths off of Laurel that are not open to motor vehicles.

Do a google map search for Segloch Road Newmanstown, PA and then do street view.

You will see the stone road that I believe is where the news were doing reports from and taking photos. Segloch Road turns into Laurel Drive and this end of Laurel Drive is stones, not paved as noted by the news.

Whoah, is it possible there is a webcam? It's no good me searching - those things never work for me.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1108275&mode=2

Maybe there is.

"The “wild cam” broadcasts began a few weeks ago with snow geese scenes from off Willow Point at the Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area. "

Refer to these links

http://www.examiner.com/article/pgc-unveils-live-feed-web-cam-broadcast

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1108275&mode=2

It is definitely Middle Creek. Parts of the lake may be closed for winter, but the Horseshoe Trail is a conservancy also runs through it and that is open 365 days a year. The body was found just off a road where the property is a mix of private land and state gamelands. The only gates I am aware of are gates leading into state gamelands, but most of those gates are easy to either walk around or ride around if on horseback. It is a sort of secluded area but really only a few minutes from main roads such a numbered highways. Hunting season just ended on Saturday, so I would question how long the body was actually there, although Saturday was pouring down rain and very foggy at times. One person I know who planned on hunting that day said it was not even worth attempting due to weather conditions.

I am very local to this area. Some strange things have happened there in the last few years but this might be the worst!

Wow! You are scaring me with that statement. Maybe I shouldn't be riding down there alone. Middle Creek has some nice little trails to hike or take your dogs walking.

KathiK- I have horses and I ride there on a regular basis when the weather is better. I've ridden a lot of places and this is not a place that has ever given me the willies, although I am usually with a group but I have ridden it alone.

I am a middle aged woman who has traveled all over by myself- sometimes with horses, dogs and a small child in tow, sometimes alone- especially when working. I have had very few times where I get that "hinky" feeling but I always listen to it.

I think it is actually a relatively safe area, although any area can have its' issues. I carry pepper spray with me and am seriously considering a concealed carry permit as the group I ride with thinks I am crazy to not carry- and many of these people are women of retirement age! I also am very aware of my surroundings. I worked for an international company for a while and traveled at least 10 nights a month for years and was taught in safety classes to always be aware of your surroundings. And that alone can be a major key to your safety!

I used to board my horse on Horse Happy RD. very close to Middle Creek. My only concern about riding my motorcycle on Laurel and Segloch is dumping it in the gravel and no one around if I need help. I honestly never thought of Middle Creek as a place to search for Ashley, even after the search in Adamstown. I was heading over Texter Mountain Rd. the day after the Adamstown search and did keep an eye out on the mountain for anything unusual.

I honestly thought of Blue Marsh first because it is so close to Womelsdorf and Robesonia. When I saw the articles about the search in Adamstown, I actually wondered if someone had been headed to the Lancaster/ Reading exit on the turnpike with her. And parts of Texter Mountain Rd are very "rural", almost just as bad as Middle Creek. The other thought I had when I heard Adamstown was the back way from 422 over by the Conrad Weiser YMCA camp. There are some very steep drop offs on those roads!

Cell phone service can be very spotty at Middle Creek if you need help. I have considered getting a SPOT Transmitter, which uses satellite and can get a "help" message out with the push of one button.

Good point! My Verizon service does not work in parts of that area. There is a large part of that mountain up behind Wernersville State hospital that although becoming built up is still very isolated.

It's not sounding like the kind of location an out of town predator would stumble on accidentally.......

I honestly thought of Blue Marsh first because it is so close to Womelsdorf and Robesonia. When I saw the articles about the search in Adamstown, I actually wondered if someone had been headed to the Lancaster/ Reading exit on the turnpike with her. And parts of Texter Mountain Rd are very "rural", almost just as bad as Middle Creek. The other thought I had when I heard Adamstown was the back way from 422 over by the Conrad Weiser YMCA camp. There are some very steep drop offs on those roads!

Cell phone service can be very spotty at Middle Creek if you need help. I have considered getting a SPOT Transmitter, which uses satellite and can get a "help" message out with the push of one button.

Thank you for the excellent local insight! It's characterizing the area in a very helpful way for me. (I only know the Monroeville area!)

I live in Berks County and have WFMZ news on here and they just showed the breaking news "The coroner has confirmed that the body found is that of Ashley Kline." I'm so sad. May she rest in Peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back