GUILTY PA - Ashley Kline, 23, Berks County, 30 December 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Saphyrrra, Jan 5, 2014.

1. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

:blushing: sorry for yelling. I just was watching the thread go on a wrong turn and wanted to right the ship before it was too late... WS is a very big ship :)

2. JaelynKL

JaelynKL Active Member

As young as these two are, it makes me wonder what kind of juvenile records they had. Even if they did they may never see the light of day. I say they are long gone.

I do believe the one with the college background is the leader in this. Considering his major. IMO.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

3. Public_Hysteria

Public_Hysteria Rest in peace, Adrienne

Poor Ashley. It really saddens me to hear what she went through in her final moments. I hope that she didn't suffer too badly, and she was unconscious for the worst of it.

Lock these monsters up and throw away the key! Especially this RS *** - he had grown up with Ashley and their mothers were best friends. He obviously would have known that she was slightly developmentally delayed, and I believe this is why she was chosen as their victim. I think these two just wanted to feel the 'thrill' of the kill, and Ashley was an easier target than most. It makes me sick to my stomach.

4. poppygirl

poppygirl Well-Known Member

Just caught up...I'm speechless. My prayers for Ashley's family.

5. jacy

jacy Member

bbm
    This is exactly how I perceive this. I came over here to see if there was an update, and ended up being horrified. I cannot believe what happened against this child. There has to be a special piece of heaven for Ashley.

My whole heart is with those who miss her.

6. KALI

KALI On Time Out

Both of these men. Are pure evil.
    I don't even care, how they ended up so sick, twisted and evil. I don't care if by hanging out together it somehow caused them to be able to do the unthinkable.
    They do Not deserve to live, work and breed and amongst the rest of us.
    I am so disturbed by this crime, that I am avast.
    If the media reports are true...
    Ashley's lifetime friend lured her into a joyride with pure evil on his mind. Of course he knew that she was mentally compromised. He'd known her all of his life.
    I do not care what kind of drugs they purposefully ingested.
    When their day in court comes and their defence argues that she lead them both on sexually, I will throw up.

7. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Does Pennsylvania still have the death penalty? Not generally a fan of that as a form of punishment, but if the state still has it on the books, they might be facing execution-and if it's true that they set her on fire while she was alive, then I think it wouldn't be too difficult for either the jury or the judge (depending on how they do it there), to give them that sentence.

8. hot cawfeee

hot cawfeee Well-Known Member

And its a Hate Crime b/c she was considered "mentally disabled/challenged". Charged could be higher?????
    I think I am correct-------

9. TreeClimbingGirl

TreeClimbingGirl Member

For those asking-yes, PA does have the death penalty but it is rarely used. The last execution was in 1999, and in that case the inmate was a volunteer (deliberately waived all of his appeals)

This would almost certainly qualify as a capital case-she was abducted, possibly sexually assaulted (there was mention of a "sexual altercation" in the last article posted) and being set on fire while still alive makes the murder especially hideous, atrocious and cruel. All of these are aggravating factors needed for a death penalty case to go forward.

10. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Well-Known Member

:cry:

Read more: http://fox43.com/2014/01/16/father-...hters-accused-killers-arrested/#ixzz2qljvEfnT

11. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

I disagree. Juvie records aren't like they used to be. I'm embarrassed to know this, but have a house full of teenage boys. while the records are not as public as adult records, they are not sealed/destroyed once the offender turns 18. this can be done, but in Florida it's expensive and requires a judges order. even if it's sealed, if future offenses are bad enough, the crime will be taken into consideration for sentencing purposes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

12. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer Well-Known Member

Makes me think of what was done to Ronnie Joe Gammage.

Hope these two never get a chance to hurt anyone else, ever.

13. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

I had never heard of the case but now went to read the thread about Ronnie. There are really a lot of similarities! Horrific! Even the murderers look a bit similar!

Poor Ronnie :(

14. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer Well-Known Member

Not many cases here have really got under my skin. Ronnie is one of only a handful that have brought me to tears.

15. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

I can totally understand that Wolf.

16. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

'Prosecuters said they will consider pursuing the death penalty when the men are tried'

'.....conspiracy charges were filed because there was evidence the men planned the killing. "Clearly they had a gas can and clearly they had a knife," the District Attorney said.

From this, I think it's plain the suspects have already turned on each other. The 'I was there but it was the other guy who did it defence'. Attorneys will no doubt pursue the same line and encourage their clients to blame each other even more, and provide more details to prove it is true.

That can be a dream come true for a prosecutor, as long as they are good at sifting the reality from amongst the mass of details they'll be gifted. Plus, Juries often don't seem to be very impressed by the 'it was the other guy' defence.

About the news of Ashley's manner of death. It is so full of horror this is what I am going to think: Ashley was stabbed through the back of the neck. :( I am going to believe that damaged her spinal cord in a high position and left her body paralysed, and without feeling. So that her suffering through fire was lessened.......I don't ever want to discover different.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/...nalty-in-Ashley-Lynn-Kline-homicide-case.html

17. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I have heard of a murder where gas used in a murder was pinpointed to a certain gas station and a certain purchase. I can't recall the case though. Gas on a person's hands can be difficult to remove fully. I wonder if someone left gas prints on a vehicle or in a home? It smells a lot too. And can cause nasty splash burns if you are careless.

In this pic;
    Pigmentation irregularities or healed, superficial burns?
    And a small raised scar on his neck?

Attached Files:

18. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

This is interesting. If you go back to an early page in this thread, scroll down until you get to the post where our moderator had to temporarily close this thread because there was nothing in the media about Ashley. Zilch.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230701&page=3

The next post is by a mod coming back with a link on January 7th. Then you see lots of media stories posted as Ashley's case finally hits the news. We are very lucky because usually it is not so easy to see such a clear line where first media about a missing person begins.

January 8th, the very next day after media lit up, the suspects say they went back and burned Ashley's remains again. I don't think that's a coincidence. I think it was Ashley's case finally hitting the media that made them panic.

19. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Yes I can see what you're saying there zwieb - and its a good point.

My thoughts and love are with Ashley and her family. So much heartache to bear for her loved ones. I pray that everyday they have support and are helped and given the strength they need to get through this - and that the court case is swift and justice is served abundantly for them.

My thoughts are reeling over this case.
    Those men are Utterly Evil - how could they do such a heinous act.
    Such betrayal. So awful!
    They make me sick!

20. cutter99

cutter99 Well-Known Member

I am VERY local to this case. I know now looking back that the police had a very good idea of who Ashley left the house to go with the night she disappeared. I truly believe they kept things close to the vest in order to recover her remains. There are many details that have not been made public. This is why they made an arrest so quickly after her remains were recovered and hopefully they have enough evidence to go for the death penalty and make it happen!