PA PA - Barbara Miller, 30, Milton, 1 July 1989

Also, I’m kind of a local to the area. I live about 25 minutes from Lewisburg so this is all over the news here. I haven’t heard much since the container was pulled out. I’m
Still trying to figure out the exact location of the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pond is on the south side of Route 45, about 2,700 feet east of the intersection of 45 and 405 (that is the one that parallels the east bank of the Susquehanna).

Driving from Lewisburg (west to east), it is about 950 feet past the entrance to the quarry. It is part of the Montandon Wetlands.

I have advocated, in relation to the Gricar case, a search with a cadaver dog, for last 7-9 years. I drove past the location about 9 years ago.

You can get a good picture of it on Google Streetview. The pond literally boarders Route 45.

Part of a blog that I published in March of 2010 on the Ray Gricar disappearance:

There are places across this bridge, on the east side of the Susquehanna, where a body could be hidden. The first place borders Route 45 to the south, Montandon Wetlands. Some photos of it are here: http://www.bucknell.edu/x20158.xml

I drove past it on a wet July afternoon; it reminded me of the Everglades, but without the alligators. The wetlands themselves are less than a mile by foot from where the Mini was discovered. At five hundred acres, there would be plenty of room for a body to remain unfound.
"

The url still works.

The pond is on the south side of Route 45, about 2,700 feet east of the intersection of 45 and 405 (that is the one that parallels the east bank of the Susquehanna).

Driving from Lewisburg (west to east), it is about 950 feet past the entrance to the quarry. It is part of the Montandon Wetlands.

I have advocated, in relation to the Gricar case, a search with a cadaver dog, for last 7-9 years. I drove past the location about 9 years ago.

You can get a good picture of it on Google Streetview. The pond literally boarders Route 45.

And it has an old railroad right-of-way along one border that is part of the old abandoned rail bridge across the river. There are also a couple of other egress points.

As morbid as it may sound, I was hoping her body was in that barrel...for nothing more than maybe a little closure for the family. I cannot imagine KNOWING one of my family members was deceased but not knowing where they were buried/hidden.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We talked about the same location in the Gricar case.

http://www.dailyitem.com/news/polic...il&utm_campaign=Breaking_News&utm_content=REA

Police: Forensic scientists confirm wood chips found in concrete from Miller search

Which I’m not sure if many know and I’m stating that this was only a rumor from around the time of her disappearance. She was apparently put through a wood chipper and dogs had hit on a wood chipper back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As morbid as it may sound, I was hoping her body was in that barrel...for nothing more than maybe a little closure for the family. I cannot imagine KNOWING one of my family members was deceased but not knowing where they were buried/hidden.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, when I first saw the headline but hadn't yet read the article, I was hoping the memorial service was because her remains had been found and identified.

It's possible that her remains were found in that barrel pulled from the pond, and they just haven't announced it yet though.

[h=1]Police: Concrete slab may hold remains of long-missing woman[/h]
MILTON, Pa. - Investigators hope tests on a three-ton hunk of concrete will soon solve the 1989 disappearance of a young mother, by determining whether her remains were fed through wood chipper and then entombed in the basement of a Pennsylvania duplex.

Sunbury Police Chief Tim Miller announced earlier this month that preliminary results showed the concrete contained wood chips, and he's waiting to see if they also hold the remains of Barbara Elizabeth Miller.

A forensic pathologist is "dissecting the walls, so to speak, piece by piece, hammer-and-chisel type, looking for the smallest of clues," Miller, no relation to Barbara Miller, said last week. He called it "mere speculation if a wood chipper was or wasn't used. Obviously the presence of wood chips in a concrete wall is highly suspicious."
http://6abc.com/amp/police-concrete-slab-may-hold-remains-of-long-missing-woman/2347868/

Barbara Elizabeth Miller
285c3413f4b30f273a6459bfb1cddbc6.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

"Tests on a hunk of concrete may soon solve the 1989 disappearance of a young mother - by determining whether her remains were fed through a wood chipper and then entombed in the basement of a duplex.

Sunbury Police Chief Tim Miller announced earlier this month that preliminary results showed the three-ton slab of concrete contained wood chips, and he's waiting to see if they also hold the remains of Barbara Elizabeth Miller.

A forensic pathologist is 'dissecting the walls, so to speak, piece by piece, hammer-and-chisel type, looking for the smallest of clues,' Miller, no relation to Barbara Miller, said last week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...remains-long-missing-woman.html#ixzz4qzjL8Rns

IMG_0144.JPG

[h=1]Chief: Miller case is 'alive and active'[/h]
"We have been getting questions regarding an update on the Barbara Miller cold case investigation and we want to reassure our supporters and members of the public that we did not quit or give up on this investigation," Chief Miller said. "It is very much alive and active."
"The fact that this case is 28 years old makes it even more difficult. Nothing in this case has been easy because 28 years creates a lot of time and distance from the offense and makes it more difficult to locate valuable evidence and provides a greater opportunity for clues to disappear that may otherwise have been recognized."

Chief Miller is joined by Cpl. Travis Bremigen, Cpl. Brad Hare, Officer Brad Slack, Northumberland County Coroner Jim Kelley, world-renowned forensic scientists Dr. Henry Lee, Dr. William Bass and Dr. Jason Kolowski.

"We are taking our time to carefully comb through what we have collected and are currently researching every forensic technique possible to find answers to our questions," Chief Miller said. "We are currently having items tested at various facilities and are thinking outside the box to get definitive answers."

Chief Miller said the case is being investigated on a daily basis.

"We are strategically moving forward, and have shifted gears to a more slow and methodical approach and unfortunately, we are now dealing with forensic level testing and investigation and unlike what we see on television this doesn’t happen quickly," he said. "This is a slow and tedious process."
Egan has remained mum when asked about the case and has declined to be interviewed by The Daily Item.

Egan has claimed his innocence in the case in other published interviews in various media outlets.

Egan has since filed lawsuits against Chief Miller and various news organizations, including The Daily Item, claiming he is being defamed by the media after he was named the lead suspect in the case in court documents.

Egan has been named as the lead suspect in the disappearance of Barbara Miller dating back to 1989, according to court documents, but has never been charged with any crimes related to the Barbara Miller cold case.

Northumberland County President Judge Charles Saylor ruled last month Egan's attorney, Frank Kepner, of Berwick, was not allowed to represent Egan in the suit against Chief Miller because of a conflict after Kepner allegedly represented Chief Miller in a separate issue just a few months prior to representing Egan.
Read more: http://www.dailyitem.com/news/local...cle_8a579339-fc1f-5a70-b789-86ba1841bfdd.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79
Back