PA PA - Bear Creek, WhtMale 15-22, 2891UMPA, "Avedon" bracelet, serpent ring, clothes, May'79

Nicholas Peter Zizzamia
Missing since May 12, 1979 from Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Original
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old (15-20)
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"-5'11"; 290 lbs. (5'8-5'10, 180)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; Brown eyes.
    • Circumstances of Disappearance (from Doe Network)
    Nicholas Zizzamia was last seen leaving his parents home in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 12, 1979. He said he was going to pick up his graduation tickets from Villanova University for his upcoming graduation ceremony which was to occur on May 14, 1979. While his parents attended the graduation ceremony Nicholas failed to show up.

Nicholas was operating his fathers car, a 1976 Pontiac Bonneville License # 210-IUG, which was found parked and locked behind the business his father worked at in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 15, 1979. Nicholas has not been seen or heard from since
  • Details of Disappearance (from Charley Project)
    Zizzamia was last seen leaving his parents' Cherry Hill, New Jersey home on May 12, 1979. He said he was going to pick up tickets for his upcoming graduation from Villanova University, which was scheduled to take place on May 14. Zizzamia was a senior accounting major at the university. When his parents went to the ceremony, their son was not there. He has never been heard from again. His father's car, which Zizzamia was driving when he was last seen, was found locked and abandoned behind his father's Cherry Hill barbershop on Grove Street on May 15, three days after his disappearance.

Zizzamia has never been heard from again. He never used his driver's license, Social Security number or credit card after his disappearance. It's possible he committed suicide or left of his own accord; his friends stated he was unhappy with his life and had spoken about wanting to "vanish." Zizzamia was an only child. His parents hired a private detective to try to find him, but without success. His mother died in 2003 and his father died in 2012. His case remains unsolved.
Missing Person Case

Nicholas Peter Zizzamia – The Charley Project

1616DMNJ - Nicholas Peter Zizzamia

Weight is off, but maybe it should have been 190 instead of 290?

Last edited:
Nicholas Peter Zizzamia
Missing since May 12, 1979 from Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Original
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old (15-20)
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"-5'11"; 290 lbs. (5'8-5'10, 180)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; Brown eyes.
    • Circumstances of Disappearance (from Doe Network)
    Nicholas Zizzamia was last seen leaving his parents home in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 12, 1979. He said he was going to pick up his graduation tickets from Villanova University for his upcoming graduation ceremony which was to occur on May 14, 1979. While his parents attended the graduation ceremony Nicholas failed to show up.

Nicholas was operating his fathers car, a 1976 Pontiac Bonneville License # 210-IUG, which was found parked and locked behind the business his father worked at in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 15, 1979. Nicholas has not been seen or heard from since
  • Details of Disappearance (from Charley Project)
    Zizzamia was last seen leaving his parents' Cherry Hill, New Jersey home on May 12, 1979. He said he was going to pick up tickets for his upcoming graduation from Villanova University, which was scheduled to take place on May 14. Zizzamia was a senior accounting major at the university. When his parents went to the ceremony, their son was not there. He has never been heard from again. His father's car, which Zizzamia was driving when he was last seen, was found locked and abandoned behind his father's Cherry Hill barbershop on Grove Street on May 15, three days after his disappearance.

Zizzamia has never been heard from again. He never used his driver's license, Social Security number or credit card after his disappearance. It's possible he committed suicide or left of his own accord; his friends stated he was unhappy with his life and had spoken about wanting to "vanish." Zizzamia was an only child. His parents hired a private detective to try to find him, but without success. His mother died in 2003 and his father died in 2012. His case remains unsolved.
Missing Person Case

Nicholas Peter Zizzamia – The Charley Project

1616DMNJ - Nicholas Peter Zizzamia

Weight is off, but maybe it should have been 190 instead of 290?
Thanks for posting this Westy27. I noticed this guy too Lived kind of close. But the weight is a big difference, unless like you said it's completely wrong.
The one thing I did notice it almost looks like he has one beauty mark on his left cheek and one lower on the same cheek. It's not mentioned anywhere about beautymarks on face.
I have noticed there are times things are not mentioned or are wrong on the older missing posters.
It would be nice to know if it was 290 or 190 if it was an errror But he was and only child and both parents are long gone. Oh just thinking about it makes me sad.

Last edited:
I noticed this guy too but the weight is a big difference unless like you said it's wrong. The one thing I did notice it almost looks like he has one beauty mark on his left cheek and one lower. It's not mentioned anywhere about beautymarks on face but I have noticed there are times things are or mentioned on the missing posters. It would be nice to know if it was 290 or 190 if it was an errror But he was and only child and both parents are long gone. Oh just thinking about it makes me sad.
In following up, I realized that Nicholas Zizzamia is much more likely the John Doe who was found in Richmond, Indiana on May 19, 1979. They were trying to locate where the John Doe was buried a few years ago, but sadly did not succeed.

In following up, I realized that Nicholas Zizzamia is much more likely the John Doe who was found in Richmond, Indiana on May 19, 1979. They were trying to locate where the John Doe was buried a few years ago, but sadly did not succeed.
Oh no that is even sadder! They found him and don't know where he is buried

ok I came across this guy and thought maybe.. he went missing in October 14, 1976 from Manhattan..I know its a couple of years prior but who knows..he seems kind of like a snazzy dresser and fits the stats.. but age would be a bit older.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP19729 Michael James DeMaria, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact October 14, 1976
Missing From New York, New York
Missing Age 28 Years
Height 5' 11" (71 Inches)
Weight 180 lbs

Location New York, New York 10012
County New York County
Circumstances of Disappearance Missing from 1976, last seen leaving his building.

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description --

Scar/mark
Scars on stomach area

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Dimples

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing
Blue button shirt

Footwear
Blue shoes

Jewelry
Blue sapphire ring

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Missing Person Case

this guy went missing also in 1976.. another snazzy dresser

Missing Person / NamUs #MP19560
Frank S Passafiume, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact April 14, 1976
Missing From Brooklyn, New York
Missing Age 27 Years
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 145 lbs

Location Brooklyn, New York
CountyKings County
Circumstances of Disappearance missing

Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

the last 2 color photos are from this link below that no longer works nampn.org - nampn Resources and Information. but I had copied the photos and posted them on another UID thread on this site

Frank S. Passafiume – The Charley Project
passafiume_frank.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Passafiume was last seen in the New York City borough of Brooklyn on April 14, 1976. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

That is a great find! You were able to track down more info than anyone. else on the Vedon jewelry!!! By any chance did he say where his grandfather lived when he got the jewelry or if he was in NY? I keep trying to find the link to NY and have not found anything .

I asked the ebay guy where his grandfather got it but he didn't respond so I guess he didn't know. I also sent a message to some vintage jewelry experts who take questions, but no response there either. I guess the easiest way to find out exactly where this "Vedon" was located would be to contact the coroner?

Has anyone submitted the missing guys you've posted? They're all possibles imo.

someone just made this thread and I thought of our John Doe.. If someone posted him on the thread already.. Iam frazzled at this point today hehehe..

NJ - NJ - Stuart Carlson, 19, Atlantic City, 24 Feb 1979

Missing Person / NamUs #MP50291Stuart Carlson, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact February 24, 1979
Missing From Atlantic City, New Jersey

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age19 Years
Current Age58 Years
First Name Stuart
Last NameCarlson

SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Height5' 5" - 5' 10" (65 - 70 Inches)
Weight120 - 130 lbs

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactFebruary 24, 1979
NamUs Case CreatedMay 25, 2018

Last Known Location Map
Location Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
County Atlantic County
Circumstances of Disappearance Carlson was working as a cook at a hotel in Atlantic City. When Carlson was reported missing, his vehicle and some personal belongings were found in the parking lot of the hotel.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue

Missing Person Case

someone just made this thread and I thought of our John Doe.. If someone posted him on the thread already.. Iam frazzled at this point today hehehe..

Missing Person / NamUs #MP50291Stuart Carlson, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact February 24, 1979
Missing From Atlantic City, New Jersey

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age19 Years
Current Age58 Years
First Name Stuart
Last NameCarlson

SexMale
Weight120 - 130 lbs

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactFebruary 24, 1979
NamUs Case CreatedMay 25, 2018

Last Known Location Map
Location Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
County Atlantic County
Circumstances of Disappearance Carlson was working as a cook at a hotel in Atlantic City. When Carlson was reported missing, his vehicle and some personal belongings were found in the parking lot of the hotel.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue

Missing Person Case
Too bad there are no pictures :(

I wanted to bring Michael DeMaria up again on the thread because of what Nancy Drew posted on his thread. He was involved in the armed robbery of a tractor trailer w polyester.. Made me think Snazzy Dresser. He is from NY (jewelry UID had WAS from NY)Anyway Iam posting his thread with more of the info that's on it.

NY - -NY- Michael James DeMaria, 28, Manhattan,October 14, 1976

I noticed a new missing male posted over the weekend in NAMUS and immediately thought of this case. I originally saw people speculating that this same missing PA male could be a Gacey victim, so posted to that thread and was directed to this thread. I thought this missing PA male resembled this unidentified PA male victim, though the clothing the unidentified person was found in doesn't seem to be something this young man would wear.

I'm thinking about this unidentified male: Unidentified Person Case

I noticed a new missing male posted over the weekend in NAMUS and immediately thought of this case. I originally saw people speculating that this same missing PA male could be a Gacey victim, so posted to that thread and was directed to this thread. I thought this missing PA male resembled this unidentified PA male victim, though the clothing the unidentified person was found in doesn't seem to be something this young man would wear.

I'm thinking about this unidentified male: Unidentified Person Case
Who is the missing guy from PA?

SexMale
Weight120 - 130 lbs

Missing Person Case
snipped for focus on stats

There's a considerable weight difference. Of course, weight can be subjective depending on who is supplying the information and the UID's 180 lbs is estimated but something to consider.

I don't remember if this guy was mentioned but he was in the mob and went missing in 1979 he was 29 but I don't marry myself to the ages they provide all the time. I see he had a mustache but I guess anybody can shave. Anyway I thought to post.

Thomas DeSimone - Wikipedia

Thomas Anthony DeSimone (May 24, 1950 – disappeared January 14, 1979), also known as "Two-Gun Tommy", "Tommy D", "Animal", or "Spitshine Tommy", was a Sicilian-Americangangster and associate of the Lucchese crime family in New York City, one of the Five Familiesof the American Mafia. DeSimone was a grandson and nephew of Los Angeles mob bosses Rosario and Frank DeSimone, respectively. He was married to Angelica "Cookie" Spione, but had many mistresses, including Theresa Ferrara. He is best known as the basis for Joe Pesci's character Tommy DeVito in Martin Scorsese's 1990 film Goodfellas.

Thomas DeSimone

DeSimone in January 1979

The Real Goodfellas: The Mysterious Fate of Tommy DeSimone
Tommy DiSimone helped plan and recruit for the Lufthansa heist. Henry Hill told Pileggi that the snappy dresser, who spent more on his clothes than his apartment, was the only member of the crew who was spotted because his shoes were so polished.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread. I've been looking through Pennsylvania UIDs recently and this case popped out at me again. I've looked over it several times, but never really made a concerted effort to look for possibles. I live pretty close to where Bear Creek John Doe was found (couldn't be more than 30 miles or so?), I have several friends who live in the Bear Creek area, and I also find his clothing puzzling. He seemed to be dressed pretty formally - but for what? Unless he always dressed like that, which is possible but unlikely in my opinion, what was he dressing so smartly for?

ETA: I was looking through local newspaper archives and found that a JM was reported missing in Wilkes-Barre only about 12 days before BCJD was found. Height would match, and so would the hair color. Hmm. The clothing wouldn't match, though, which bothers me. I wonder if I could ask Wilkes-Barre police whether the MP case is still active? Because I can't find anything on him being found, though I found a whole debacle that a "JM" was involved in the next year, which could very well be him.

ETA 2: Ehh, looking at the information I can find, I'm doubting he's still missing. I'm still going to try and reach out to the police to make sure.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back