PA PA - Benjamin Krupinski, 62, Conyngham Twp, 2 Nov 1968

Discussion in '1960's Missing' started by Gardener1850, May 15, 2018.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

[h=1]State Police: Body of Missing Man Not Buried Under Former Inn[/h]Posted 11:25 am, August 15, 2016

http://wnep.com/2016/08/15/state-police-body-of-missing-man-not-buried-under-former-inn/

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Photos/Images taken from: http://timesleader.com/news/559019/...ting-radar-to-search-for-man-missing-since-68

Benjamin S. Krupinski was last seen at the Rinehimer Inn on November 2, 1968.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35752/

madamx likes this.

2. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Wow that was interesting. I wonder what his story was.? I wonder what happened. I wonder who owned it before..omg so many questions!
    I wonder if he was buried there but they did not dig far enough? It mentions the radar had a possibility.. Maybe he was in a wall.. very interesting that the cane remained.. I have not been able to find any more info on this guy other than what you have posted..
    [​IMG]

PAVEN likes this.
  3. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I found this and its sad... I feel bad for his kids.

Is Missing Man’s Body Buried Under Tavern? Modern Technology Could Help Solve 1968 Cold Case

CONYNGHAM TOWNSHIP -- Benjamin Krupinski was 62 when he went missing back in 1968. He was last seen leaving the Rinehimer Inn and Tavern near Shickshinny.

Now, with the help of modern technology, investigators are scanning under the inn's basement because there are several signs that Krupinski may have been buried there.

"My gut feeling is I believe we are going to find him there," Benjamin’s son Anthony said.

Anthony Krupinski's father Benjamin went missing in November of 1968 after spending a night at the old Rinehimer Inn and Tavern near Shickshinny by Lily Lake.

"It’s a little tough to talk about because he's been missing that long. And people know, so many people up here really know what went on and people kept their mouth shut," Anthony added.

Years went by with no new information until the Rinehimer Inn was sold years later. That's when an ornate cane was found on a shelf in a closet while the new owner was cleaning. Benjamin Krupinski used the cane to walk with his asthma.

"He couldn't walk nowhere without that cane," Anthony said.

The inn was where family members believed Krupinski's body was buried. They just couldn't prove it or give police enough information for a warrant.

Krupinski's son even examined the basement closely shortly after his father's disappearance, which raised a lot of red flags.

“There was a fresh dug spot in the basement dirt and I stepped on it and the guy who took us down there yanked me away and he told me, ‘Don't go there. They're doing work there.’ I think a week later, the place was concreted."

Now, with the cooperation of the new owner of the inn, radar crews spent the day using ground penetrating radar equipment to get a good look at what's buried below that concrete.

“We're actually taking a grid of the entire concrete slab, and we can view foot by foot increments to see what is underneath that slab to get a precise location of where this could be," said Keith Sareyka with Master Locators Inc.

It will take crews about a week or two to analyze the scans of the basement before they can officially determine if in fact there's a body buried there.

"I hope that we do find him so we can do the right thing and put him to rest and have peace," said Roseann Briggs, Benjamin Krupinski’s daughter.

As for what happened to Krupinski, that's still unknown, but troopers say there likely is someone who is responsible.

"An older man with asthma got a paycheck, left the bar, and was never seen again. Doesn't sound right. If there was no foul play, we should've been able to find a body if a guy goes for a walk and passes away from natural causes. We should find them. The indication that we haven't found a body after this long gives the indication there's a body buried somewhere," said Tpr. Thomas Kelly, Pennsylvania State Police.

Depending on the results when they come back, crews will then look into the possibility of ripping up that concrete basement floor as they hope to put an end to this decades-long case.

4. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

The Lost & The Found

Date found May 2, 1970
    Age 40 to 60 years old
    Sex Male
    Race White
    Ethnicity Unsure
    Circumstances Found floating in river by unspecified persons.
    Location Found
    Address 1 Schuylkill River & 34th St.
    Address 2
    City Philadelphia
    County Philadelphia
    State Pennsylvania

dy condition Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
    Post-mortem interval Not specified
    Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
    Weight 165 lbs
    Height 69 inches
    Hair color Gray or Partially Gray
    Head hair Not specified
    Body hair Not specified
    Facial hair Not specified
    Left eye color Unknown or Missing
    Right eye color Unknown or Missing
    Eye description Decomposed

Skeletal findings degenerative joint disease L4-L5 narrowing of disks

Clothing on body Flannel shirt, corduroy trousers, grey belt, grey-blue knee high socks, handkerchief
    Clothing with body
    Footwear ankle-high work boots (worn)
    Jewelry
    Eyewear
    Eye description Decomposed

5. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Date found April 5, 1971
    Age 45 to 65 years old
    Sex Male
    Race White
    Ethnicity Unsure
    Circumstances Male found washed up on the bank of Humble Oil Co. at 70th & Essington Ave

Body condition Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
    Post-mortem interval Not specified
    Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
    Weight 152 lbs
    Height 69 inches
    Hair color Gray or Partially Gray
    Clothing on body Trousers, Belt, Hosiery, Shoes, and Underclothes

The Lost & The Found

6. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member

7. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

madamx and shanda3434 like this.
  8. Cimatico

Cimatico Active Member

9. Diane Redfern

Diane Redfern Well-Known Member

Everytime I read about a missing person case, I google the place he/she disappeared from. This time I saw a petition in change.org about the Centralia highway graffiti... I suppose you know Centralia is an abandoned location because of the fire of its coal mines; it's 25'5 miles apart from Conyngham Township. According to some rumors, mafia used it as a dumping site for their victims' bodies. If Rinehimer had a rough crowd, we can assume some of them could be involved in illegal activities and even in organized crime...

madamx and shanda3434 like this.
  10. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Bumping for Mr. krupinski

shanda3434 likes this.