PA - Boy Left In Old Diaper Now Critical In Pittsburgh Burn Unit

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Blue_Dolphin308, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Blue_Dolphin308

Blue_Dolphin308 We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some

2. Loading...

3. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

From the article:
    I'd say "caring" is not the proper term to use here. Those poor kids!

4. JaneInOz

JaneInOz Former Member

Thank god for the Uncle...

Poor Babies :(

5. capoly

capoly New Member

Yes, Jane, thank God for the uncle as far too often we read of the opposite, family members turning a blind eye to abuse.

6. kcsmom76

kcsmom76 Verified Insider

:( Praise God the babies are now being helped.

7. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

:mad:

This criminal needs to be charges with Aggravated Child Abuse, and I mean do some serious time! This just infuriates me!

8. azmama

azmama New Member

Wow, that is awful, I am astounded at the things people do to their poor children.

9. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

I hope that these children will recover completely and have a chance at a real life with people that love them and care for them the way they should be cared for. As for the POS dad, I hope he serves some hard time behind this! Thank God the uncle had the good sense to call for help.

10. wildTrose

wildTrose New Member

Im surprised the diapers stayed on that long! I would think they would have bogged down so much that they would have expanded and fell off unless they were duct taped on and the 3 year old would have been able to pull hers off also...I dont know how many times my kids pulled off their diapers once they figured it out.

11. JaneInOz

JaneInOz Former Member

I agree

Nappies get heavy with wee and poop
    I don't get how it could possibly have stayed on for a month ?
    A DAY of leaving it on could cause cronic burning even a month ???? sounds a bit far fetched to me
    YES CHILD ABUSE
    But a month ? nah it would have fallen off with the weight and or the child could remove it UNLESS the child was tied down in the cot or something
    *sob*

12. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

That's a good point. My 10-month old can pull off her diaper. Perhaps they were cloth diapers, pinned on? Or maybe they were afraid of punishment if they pulled them off? Or maybe the "father" just kept (gag) putting the dirty diapers back on??

13. Vegas Bride

Vegas Bride New Member

if the children were not being fed much or given much to drink then maybe the diaper was not getting filled as much as one normally would. this is truely horrible! their uncle is their hero! I want to know if in this months time there was anybody else around to see these babies? I'm betting someone out there was aware of their situation and just didn't do anything :(

VB

14. mae

mae New Member

It's heinous either way.

This was my thought. Perhaps he just keep reusing them? Or taping them on.

I used cloth diapers, and my kid could pull them off as easy as a disposable one--even if pinned on. Snaps were a little harder, but eventually the kid could get through those too. Other cloth diapers I know also had diaper escape artists so it's not as hard as you might think.

Although cloth diapers might eventually dry and become less heavy and don't expand like the chemicals in disposables ones so this might be plausible as well. I know back in the way wet prefolds were allowed to dry and reused so it might make sense that they'd dry and not become full like a disposable diaper would.

It reminds me of the case where the parents left the baby in the car seat for a week, eventually the waste ate into his poor body. I assume this would happen here if waste was left close to the body for extended periods of time.

What a tragic case. What a relief the are receiving the attention and care they need.

15. BeavisMom62

BeavisMom62 No, Butthead is NOT here!!

I was thinking the same thing, Trose. Poor child.

16. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

December 2008:

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/w...lamed-for-burns-on-boy-3/stories/200812270111

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

May 2009:

http://triblive.com/mobile/1239868-...ate-westmoreland-care-bill-hospital-officials