PA PA - Candice Caffas, 34, Endangered Advisory, mental health disability, climbed out window, Meadville, 15 July 2022

In reviewing this article quoting her Mom....

...it seems C was intent on freeing herself, based on another incident just prior to this latest disappearance. It appears they live out in a fairly remote area, and it seems as if her most pressing instinct would be to seek food given her medical status. Given there haven't been any food seeking sitings that we are aware of, a gloomy outcome seems inevitable. Hope I'm wrong on that. Where is this sweet young woman?!

Amateur opinion and speculation

If her height and weight provided (4'9 and 95lbs) is correct, she's of a healthy weight for her height, if not on the smaller side. I would assume she's either on some sort of hormone treatment or she's kept under very, very close supervision. The fact that she had PWS really took me by surprise because of how small she is.

Does anyone know when the last sighting of her was? It sounds like there was a few after she went missing? This is so sad, it’s been soo hot here in PA too :(

Does anyone know when the last sighting of her was? It sounds like there was a few after she went missing? This is so sad, it’s been soo hot here in PA too :(
The only confirmed (by PSP) sighting was the late morning/early afternoon of July 16

Again, I am not an expert on PW. It’s such a cruel condition. It’s not mere “gosh, when is lunch?” but an extreme hunger that can never be sated in someone who may not have the cognitive ability to fully appreciate why. And it can be quite hard on a family (especially siblings) as all food has to be locked away. If her BMI is that low, my guess is that she has been very strictly supervised for a long time - not just in terms of food access but likely also medication. (There’s no cure but some hormonal medications do help).

One problem here, I think, is that she looks like a teen from the photo. Most people wouldn’t be alarmed by a lone teen by herself during the day.

Another problem is that a thin person with missing teeth may be mistaken for “just” a homeless person or “just” a drug user, and simply ignored.

Pennsylvania State Police in Meadville are still actively searching for Candice Caffas. Witnesses said that Caffas was last seen walking along Route 285 in Geneva heading towards Conneaut Lake.

State Police are asking the public to remain vigilant while searching for Caffas.

Nearly a month missing now. This is not going to have a good outcome. It will be an absolute miracle if it does.

I don't mean to sound so negative, but I'm just trying to be a realist.

A week of being missing for a person with eating disorders and mental age of 7-12 would be bad.

A whole month is pretty final. Especially with no further sightings.

MOO.

This could be foul play as well. I don’t think that angle has been examined thoroughly?

Oh, I absolutely agree on that.

My first thought is she got lost in woods/forest somewhere and has succumbed to hunger/dehydration/fatigue.

But I definitely think someone nefarious could've taken her, easily. Especially if she was just wandering along the road or even in people's gardens.

And she was last seen at 22.00hrs, so the beginning of the night is the worst time to go missing.

MOO.

Last edited:
Modsnip if not allowed - I haven’t been active on WS for several years now, so I forget the rules of engagement!

Local here… hinky meter is not registering for me. This lady was continually escaping like this, would make a break for local bodies of water, yet is not a strong swimmer. Time and time again, even in the winter. LE originally stated a mental age of 4, at some point that changed to 7-12– I think just the family wishful thinking at this point.

Modsnip if not allowed - I haven’t been active on WS for several years now, so I forget the rules of engagement!

Local here… hinky meter is not registering for me. This lady was continually escaping like this, would make a break for local bodies of water, yet is not a strong swimmer. Time and time again, even in the winter. LE originally stated a mental age of 4, at some point that changed to 7-12– I think just the family wishful thinking at this point.
There are 63 RSO's within relatively close proximity of where the missing person lived. Have they been interviewed? Indeed, CC may have disappeared on her own,(or not), but I would like to hear of a thorough investigation. Someone with the mind of a child is highly vulnerable. If she has been "continually escaping" as you report in your post, it leads me to speculate whether CC came in contact with someone who may know her present whereabouts.

CC's family home is close to Hwy 79. If it were me, I'd have all the truckers on alert. They are wonderful as it relates to getting the word out. I'd plaster posters at every truck stop in the vicinity. I think getting picked up by a trucker along 79 should be explored

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back