Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

Honestly, it reminds me of Maura Murray (or the speculation at least)…that she was driving intoxicated, crashed and was scared of getting in trouble so knowingly wandered away. Potentials are her having a concussion and passing out in the woods, succumbing to the elements or hitching a ride/accepting help from the wrong person. With Cassandras mental heath in play too, the possibilities are endless. I hope they find her as a Jane Doe at a hospital

Absolutely, the Maura Murray case crossed my mind also.

<Quote removed>

The hood is in tact, very strange...what happened to the front bumper....the place where the licence plate would have been? Did they find it in the bushes?Headlights gone.....no glass...nothing...it looks like the car was partly dismantled.

PA doesn’t do front license plates.

PA doesn’t do front license plates.

I've got that by now, but this still stands IMO

I'm not an expert on this, but looking at the car...there was a huge impact to it from the right side, airbags went out...feels likes she hit a tree. Would also be the "right side" driving to her home....I just can;t make something of the broken windshield....on the passengers site....no airbags, at least none seen...no damage to the hood. If this was a hit by a dear or maybe even a person there would have been damage to the hood imo. The front, bumper area is not damaged....bumper gone completely, no rests of headlights....hmmmm Just can't explain the front damage. A thief has to come forward and explain a couple of things.

Can someone post or link to the car photos? I grabbed 2 off Twitter but they seem to be gone now. One showed airbag deployed (passenger side) and the other showed windshield caved in.

I've got that by now, but this still stands IMO

I'm not an expert on this, but looking at the car...there was a huge impact to it from the right side, airbags went out...feels likes she hit a tree. Would also be the "right side" driving to her home....I just can;t make something of the broken windshield....on the passengers site....no airbags, at least none seen...no damage to the hood. If this was a hit by a dear or maybe even a person there would have been damage to the hood imo. The front, bumper area is not damaged....bumper gone completely, no rests of headlights....hmmmm Just can't explain the front damage. A thief has to come forward and explain a couple of things.

Not certain, but deer would be unlikely because it is such a heavily traveled area. But 6am-ish would be the right time for deer and swerving to avoid them, right? Did the photos show airbags on driver side?

Oh, this is awful news. As for the family's fb page, I think it's been disabled. To think she made it almost all the way home as this is the exit she'd take. Just tragic.

And the strange thing is they had a chopper out there at the onset of her disappearance. What changed between then and now to have made it possible to have found the car? I suppose the tornado that swept through the area the day or two earlier may have rearranged the "landscape," and allowed visibility of the car.

A large police response has converged in an area in Northeast Philadelphia. The family of missing woman Casey Johnston confirms a helicopter search and rescue team found Johnston’s car in a wooded area along Woodhaven Road on Saturday afternoon.

Johnston is the 26-year-old from Lower Southampton, Bucks County who was last seen three weeks ago in Philadelphia’s Chinatown section, where her cellphone was recovered.

Officials remain on-scene with K9 patrols and drones searching for the 26-year-old who went missing more than three weeks ago. @CBSPhilly https://t.co/XOtOmjhpc8pic.twitter.com/LDwYaPpKXb

Investigators, including a private detective, were conducting an aerial search earlier Saturday when the car was spotted.
Missing Bucks County Woman Casey Johnston's Car Found In Northeast Philadelphia

So the chatter about her car being on the wrong side of the ramp, I tried to draw it out for those unfamiliar with the area to understand. Saying she jumped the speed bump median and went into the woods on the other side.

Have no idea if it’s true just trying to give a visual.

Attachments

• 2B114E75-BE83-493C-A816-04DFD6F42449.jpeg
    2B114E75-BE83-493C-A816-04DFD6F42449.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 83
Not certain, but deer would be unlikely because it is such a heavily traveled area. But 6am-ish would be the right time for deer and swerving to avoid them, right? Did the photos show airbags on driver side?

I was driving through the general area a couple of weeks ago, on a weekday near dawn, and saw a buck standing on the verge of the interstate (I-95) that intersects Woodhaven Road. Not unlikely at all. There's a crazy amount of deer in Philly and suburbs.

So the chatter about her car being on the wrong side of the ramp, I tried to draw it out for those unfamiliar with the area to understand. Saying she jumped the speed bump median and went into the woods on the other side.

Have no idea if it’s true just trying to give a visual.
It's possible. She may have nodded off and then overcorrected around that curve to end up on the other side.
In my area, Tiger Woods also ended up on the other side of the road, having jumped a much wider median. Different circumstance though, a much gentler curve and speeding down the road.
I just don't understand why/how Casey is missing, seemingly not even in the immediate area.

The car has been removed, according to this reporter.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1421892281175625728
Thanks for putting this up, scmom.
From the looks of it, there is minimal damage to the windshield on the driver's side. The passenger side window is another story; what does this suggest? I'm so hesitant to speculate anything at this point.

This much, though, seems evident: That area of the Woodhaven exit leaves very little room to see anything, from above or below. I can now understand why the helicopter didn't see her car earlier and, as I've noted, maybe the strong winds that swept through the area on Thursday had something to do with seeing her car.

If they don't find her on the ground, maybe the tornado (or simply velocity from speeding) flung her upward, into the trees?

It's possible. She may have nodded off and then overcorrected around that curve to end up on the other side.
In my area, Tiger Woods also ended up on the other side of the road, having jumped a much wider median. Different circumstance though, a much gentler curve and speeding down the road.
I just don't understand why/how Casey is missing, seemingly not even in the immediate area.

Not to be graphic but she could have been ejected on one side and the car continued on to the other side or farther along. Hoping that’s not the case and she’s found alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back