PA PA - Cherrie Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985

When this little girl disappeared I wonder if LE checked all of the places in that state that did the customized paintings on vans? I would think the person who owned the van had it done in a shop somewhere.

It's possible the mural was a pre-printed vinyl stick-on. The owner could have applied and removed it himself.

It was a tip other than the psychics. There is always the hope that she could be alive. I would note that McGraw is "cautious" and not revealing details even to the family, so my thinking is that he doesn't want to reveal what LE knows or the nature of the tip. I am just hoping for a resolution, and certainly the best possible one would be a living Cherrie.

I agree from my end that the family has hardly any information.
As of last Thursday, the mom (Janice) is so anxious.
She said she was up one day and down the other.
My family members tell me that she is so sweet.

I knew the sister of 1 young boy that got off the bus at the next stop.
He never saw anything........just ready to run on home.
I wonder if kids later remembered something odd when they grew up???
It would be great if the mom/daughter could be together again!
Great if Cherrie is alive! I'm praying against the odds.

Did they have them back 26 years ago?
Just asking, I just remember everyone air spraying scenes
back then on vans and buses????
It was a fad.
I think so. I know the place I was working in 1980 had premade multicolor stripe and name stick-ons for our company vehicles, so the technology was there. My old car mags from that time are boxed up and in either my attic or garage loft, so I can't check them for ads from back in the day.

Bumping!
CNN show about Cherrie's case tonight at 10 p.m. still on as far as I know.
Hoping for new news!
Recap of 26 years ago...........

Bumping!
CNN show about Cherrie's case tonight at 10 p.m. still on as far as I know.
Hoping for new news!
Recap of 26 years ago...........

as far as I know it is still on............

Passionflower, I have CNN on, is her case supposed to be on Anderson Cooper? He said he is going to talk about the case of who the Amber Alert was named after...

I know disappointment again...........now have to wait for another date.
IIRC it has been postponed 2 times now..........
LE must really be on to something!
Hoping for new news soon!

Mom of First 'Have You Seen Me?' Missing Girl Hopeful About New Tip‎

More than 2 1/2 decades have passed since Janice McKinney last saw her missing daughter, Cherrie Mahan. The 8-year-old was one of the first to be featured on the "Have You Seen Me?" direct-mail advertisements.

Despite the passage of time, McKinney is not ready to give up, especially with word that police have received a new tip in the case.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/18/mom-of-first-have-you-seen-me-missing-girl-cherrie-mahan-hope/

I know disappointment again...........now have to wait for another date.
IIRC it has been postponed 2 times now..........
LE must really be on to something!
Hoping for new news soon!

Will this be featured on Anderson Cooper? Did we find this out yet? I wonder when more of this tip will be revealed..........

It should be on tonight (Wednesday) at 10. They did the story about the girl who led to the "Amber" alert last night. Anderson Cooper will probably tease the story at 10, so be prepared to wait.

Really--why can't these stories lead the hour? And perhaps run a bit earlier so more people can see them?

YES he is talking about Cherrie with John Walsh tonight after a few segments.

Anderson is waiting til the very end of his show........covering everything but Cherrie so far.......even the weather, what is going on? Just to announce what we already know???
Still waiting........Bless her family ........

Her mom is still so emotional in interview.
No footprints........in snow
abducted by someone she knew well........McGraw
Persuing this lead until it pans out either way.
Janice just wants to know what happened and why........
John Walsh, Cherrie was first child on the missing children poster.
Children have been found for that poster.
that's it

And of course I missed the story last night... Thanks for the link passionflower.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back