PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by TTF14, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

This is such a good point! If this kid died as a victim of bullying, the school superintendent/PR person would be all over issuing a statement about bullying.

2. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

I think the the person who posted that was simply trying to explain that, no matter how heavy a child might be, or how weak a parent might be, the parent would still try. Would Conner be hard to lift and hold? Yes, him and most 8-year-old boys. I don't think anyone was being mean or cruel.

3. TTF14

I don't think it was meant that way, but I understand why you thought that. I think it was more like, "I don't care what a weakling you think you are, even if your kid weighed 10,000 pounds, you'd try to save him."

4. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

Then why not just say that instead of comparing him to a dump truck?

5. TTF14

The poster was not comparing HIM to a dump truck. They were comparing ALL kids to dump trucks.

6. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I just went back and read this OP---he/she wasn't saying that the child was heavy as a truck, she was saying that 'even if a child was heavy', a concerned parent would find a way to cut them down. JMO

7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Exactly. It wasn’t directed toward sweet little Conner at all, IMO. More like “please don’t blame his weight. A kid could weigh as much as an elephant and a true mom would lift him to save him.”

Not comparing HIM to a dump truck.

I’m not trying to speak for anyone. That’s just how I read it.

He’s a beautiful boy.

8. claudianunes

Nobody compared him to a dump truck. Literally nobody.

FunkyMonkey, gitana1, Bethan and 19 others like this.
  9. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Moving on, I'd really like to know more about this boy. I didn't get the impression, from the school's statement, that he was a really troubled child and no one was surprised he hung his baby sister in the basement. I think if they felt that way, the statement would have been worded differently than it was. JMO

10. claudianunes

Exactly, that's why it's so hard for me to believe this whole thing.

11. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

ITA! Since when do small children threaten suicide and the parent does absolutely nothing about it? When my DD was bullied, we went right to the parents and also notified the principal. It stopped immediately.

The mother blamed her son from the get-go and seemed to be okay with the fact he murdered his little sister. I think there is more and we will soon hear it.

Does anyone know if there has been any effort to raise money?

JMO

12. rocket

rocket Pluviophile

Well mom sold some of kids' belongings while they were on life support...

13. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

wtf really??

14. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

IMO, the mother did too much explaining on the 911 call.

In past cases, when the caller went into such details to the dispatcher, it normally turns out the caller is the guilty one. He/she gives too much information trying to take the attention off themself.

15. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

People of both genders can possess amazing strength when it comes to the wellbeing of others.

It happens even if they don't know the ones in terrible need of being saved, and helped during a life threatening event. Even small framed women have had the amazing strength ability to lift heavy vehicles to free someone trapped underneath.

I remember one time our mom was very sick, and passed out in the floor of her home. She weighed approximately 135 pounds at the time. My youngest brother was a young teen at the time weighing no more than 120 to 125 pounds at most. Yet he picked our mom off of the floor inside of her home, and carried her like she was a baby, while running with her in his arms outside to one of the parked vehicles so she could be taken to the hospital immediately.

Family members, including most especially parents will do everything in their power in order to save their children.

Caring, loving parents would NOT just leave their children hanging from the rafters or anywhere else for that matter.

I think this one horrid parent thought she had successfully killed them both, and had no clue these young children would still be technically alive, although already brain dead when EMTs arrived getting them down. Imoo

This isn't the only case where the murderers thought they had successfully murdered their victims only for them to be technically alive, before passing away shortly afterwards or when taken off of life support.

Usually there is a delay in terminating life support because the victims are organ donors or when actual caring, loving family members find it emotionally difficult to let them pass away peacefully, by letting them go.

Jmhoo

16. cryscrys

cryscrys Well-Known Member

Yes this a million times this! If your child/children are found hanging and you are caught by surprise I just don't think the first thing you do is explain or try to explain why. At that point you don't know why. You are "out for a walk" you come home to that awful scene. You are so confused how on earth would you know right away it was suicide, no concern there is an intruder? Of course this is all JMO and lord forgive me if my mind is leading me down the wrong direction of someone completely innocent.

17. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

My reaction as well. Who the hell does that while their children are dying?

18. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Has it even confirmed by LE the 8 year old was being bullied at school? From what I have read the little boy was popular, and well liked at school.

Ita! Any child who is bullied by anyone lives a life being emotionally tormented.

It's emotional dangerous warfare being waged against way too many children. It's even worse now even though many children suffered severe bullying no matter when they attended school.

The reason I ask if LE has confirmed what the mom said is true, I suspect if any bullying was happening to either or both dead children they were being abused, tormented, and grossly bullied by the one who took their lives from them.

Imo, this didn't just start, but more than likely had been happening for some time behind closed doors, like we usually see happen in so many other cases involving murdered children where a parent or parents were involved.

Jmhoo

19. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

I’m not saying this is the case for Connor- but I just wanted to say that school administrators do not always know if a child is bullied or not. From my experience (having multiple kids in the public school system for quite some time now), the bullying of children often takes place on the playground, at the lunch table, at the lockers, etc. The staff is simply just not always aware.

And a bullied child doesn’t always “present” themselves as somber and withdrawn to the teachers.

Also, online bullying is a possibility of course, and the school staff would likely have no idea whatsoever whether that is happening to a child.

In other words, I’m not sure it’s possible for LE, or the school, to confirm bullying.

I don’t necessarily believe Connor was bullied. Perhaps he was, but perhaps not. And either way, I am more than highly skeptical of the story that he killed his sister and commuted suicide. In fact, so skeptical that I don’t believe it...

But I think it’s important to note that just because a school doesn’t know about bullying doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Some kids can be real jerks, and they know how say and do things that fly under the radar.

MOO.

20. WhatDidYouDo

WhatDidYouDo Well-Known Member

A school isn't ever going to say "oh yeah, little Johnny got bullied every day right under our noses" either.

I think in some respects we're expecting this woman to have a level of emotional intelligence that she clearly does not have. Also, CPS was involved in their lives as fact - so clearly little man has some level of trauma in his life. Judging his body posture in one photo is not a good idea - one could argue that he's relaxed and chill because he's with his mom and sister and delaying entering the school from hell for a photograph is what made him stand up straight - anything to get an extra minute outside. yadda yadda yadda.

Still think the mom did it. No one bonded to her children could leave them hanging. NONE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.