PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by TTF14, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

He was in third or fourth grade, I think the teacher would, at least, suspect if one of her students was being bullying at school.

2. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. I’ve had child that age who was bullied. He was made fun of during recess. I went to the teacher and told her- she was completely unaware.

Subiechik21, gitana1, kimpage and 8 others like this.
  3. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

I mean, teachers have to deal with so much already, I don't blame them for not being aware of every single thing that is going on. I hope your kid is doing great!

4. MJPeony

Agree, it wasn’t the teacher’s fault for not knowing. There was really no way she could have known- she wasn’t on the playground or eavesdropping on every conversation happening. Which is part of my point. There is so much happening socially in school that is not public knowledge to the adults.

My son is doing well now, thank you for your kind wishes :) The mean kids are several years now in the past.

5. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

I think it is very telling that LE is asking for tips,and information on this case.
    MOO.

6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Has there been a recent appeal for information? I know they were asking for help when seeking to locate the alleged dog that lived outdoors.

Something else about asking public for information seems to have put the community on a "wait and see" position.

For a small 1,500 resident town, you'd think there would be a public show of support for the grieving mother that lost her two youngest children by tragic event -- esp. if attributed to 8 year old bullied to death. No flowers on the door-step, no fund raising, etc. (I'm not surprised about this no show but that's just me).

MOO

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  7. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Any locals?
    From what I remember there is a lot of farmland in this area.
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Amish also

8. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Agree. The investigators wouldn't just talk with his teachers, but his close friends as well.

Jmho

9. Sweetsbeach

Sweetsbeach Well-Known Member

I have to agree that if an elementary school aged child was being bullied to the point where he wanted to kill himself, his teacher would more than likely be able to attest to that fact. Not to mention his mother said he spoke of suicide before. You'd think if that were the case, she would have reached out to his teacher, the principal and the guidance counselor to inform them and get their help. There should be someone to substantiate the claim that this 8 year old was being tormented and voicing his desire to end his life. JMO

10. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Yes, that's quite telling.

Imo, others knows things about this mom. I think that is why LE is asking anyone with information to please come forward.

I think they will gather a wealth of information about what really went on in that house before this happened about this mom, and it will come from the children's older brother.

Imo, he knows things his never divulged before, but since this has happened to his younger little siblings, I think he is more than willing now to tell LE what he knows. Just like he told them she has several cell phones she failed to tell LE.

Jmhoo

11. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I'm curious what the 17 year old brother has to say....

12. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

ITA. I doubt LE would publicly confirm whether Conner was a victim of bullying at school at this point but I'm also betting they know the answer.

JMO

13. MJPeony

I don’t think we have received, nor are we going to receive, testament to him having been bullied to the point of wanting to end his life because I don’t think he ended his life. MOO. (Although we may share that opinion!)

I also don’t think the mother was (eta: emotionally) involved and attached enough to have brought even less-consequential bullying to the school’s attention anyway. But I don’t think Connor committed suicide because he was bullied or otherwise.

I was only saying that Connor, or any child, can be bullied at school and the teachers/administrators would not always know. I mentioned it more as a “bullying awareness” point regarding general school bullying (or online bullying which can be completely unrelated to school).

MOO.

14. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

No evidence has come to light that he was bullied.
    No evidence has come to light that she did not lodge bullying complaints to the school.

15. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

yes, I absolutely agree that if he were being bullied the school would not say if he was
    for fear of a lawsuit.

however, most schools have to say something because they have to counteract overt railing allegations from the parents. I can’t think of a story where someone who killed themselves over bullying, did not have a parent in their corner shouting specifics about the bullying loud and often. Anybody else?

16. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

ITA! Well said.

17. Aunt2AnAngel

Aunt2AnAngel Active Member

That is exactly what I was gonna say!

18. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

Did we ever hear why social services were involved with these children before this tragic incident?

For social services to be involved, that should be our first clue that all was not right in this home.

Was this family known to LE? If so, do we know the number of times they had been called to the Home?

Waiting...for the real story to come out.

19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I think we are all waiting for the real story IMO

20. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

Yep! When someone gives you more information than is necessary, it’s usually because the story doesn’t sound believable to THEM and feel compelled to justify it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.