PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by TTF14, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

I agree, but would they specifically state, "he enjoyed his peers..." ? 'Seems they would have avoided these words altogether if there was a hint (or rumors) of bullying? 'Not saying this is the case, I'm just wondering if they would be more careful with their words.

2. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

yeah, seems like we are spinning our wheels at this point, until more is released. Very sad that these kids are gone, but glad they are not suffering. (ETA Not that I am saying they were ever suffering, I have no idea, but that is not what I meant) The suffering is for those who live on... can't even imagine...

3. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I don't.
    It happens frequently in fresh grief, the tenses become mixed up.
    Also it is possible they were posted with their original captions.
    It is a lovely testimony to their lives. I'm not going to analyse it.

4. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

I know what ya mean. No matter how we look at this case... It is heartbreaking. I hope we learn more soon.

5. Podengo

Podengo Well-Known Member

I’m new to this thread but I wanted to chime in. Regarding the dog, I think saying the wanted the size is BS. At your local Walmart there are two sizes of those. I wouldn’t hesitate to get one for a larger dog as I would consider it just extra safety. Even the small one of those is strong enough to hag two kids, probably even an adult. I think they want either see if there was a dog, or see the health of the dog (as others have mentioned). Regarding the chairs, I think a four year old little sister looks up to her big brother and wants to do the cool things he does. I think he could have told her to jump, and she would have, with him. I’m not saying I think that happened, but I think it easily could. The chair would get knocked over on the swing back.
    I would like to know if there was a ladder or any other way the brother could reach the rafters to wrap the cable. Could he reach them with the dining chairs?

Subiechik21, gitana1, Vail and 6 others like this.
  6. Wowno17

Wowno17 Well-Known Member

I think it is a very strange case due to how the children managed to actually achieve the hanging.

However mums actions are not all together that guilty looking....

1. Getting rid of the dog after could be she simply didn't want to loom at somthing associated with her children's deaths (the dog leash).

2. Seeking their things although quite strange could simply be financial (I'm from the UK and funerals are a financial struggle to many). She may be seeking their older unused things to gain money for their funerals.

3. Her not trying to get them down (this is the weirdest to me) could simply be the absolute shock and horror and not wanting to see them like that.

I do find it suspicious they 1. Cant find the dog, 2. Did or didn't the distapatch caller ask her to perform CPR.

I just dont think the mum did this, mainly because she called the emergency services so quickly and they were revived so it couldn't have been so long. Surely she would have waited an extra bit to make sure they had died. If they were breathing as it states why did she call the emergency services? But on a flip , why didn't she get them down.

Maybe he was being bullied, maybe he'd cried about it to her and said he wanted to die but didn't want to be alone (makes sense a child would not want to be alone) and maybe she was so racked with guilt when she saw them that she just couldn't stand being in the room with them, like she made the decision in her mind they were dead and she should have known this was coming.

7. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

The fact that they said something, says it all to me. If a bullying situation caused this tragedy, the school district would be most likely sued. It has happened before, in cases of really extreme bullying that ends up in children commiting suicide, the school and/or the school district address the situation, they certainly don't say "uh, yeah, he was a beloved member of our community, our kids are sad about him being gone", they say "we're working on it, we will get to the bottom of this". If there was any bullying, the school would have mention it.

8. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

Welcome Podengo! Thank you for your thoughts. I bolded your last sentence. These questions are absolutely critical questions to understand what happened and whether it's feasible that Conner was able to do this physically. If he wasn't, then I'm not sure why it's taking so long to file charges (although really it hasn't been that long I suppose), so I'm guessing that there might have been some ambiguity. Personally of course, I don't believe it for a second.

9. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

This sketch portrays exactly how I envisioned how these two children were hung.

10. Wowno17

Wowno17 Well-Known Member

What if that was an old dog lead and it was ALREADY hanging form the beams wrapped over for whatever reason.

And the kids decided to play a game?

11. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Reading another case brought me here, unfortunately. This case is beyond horrific. I have an opinion what had to have happened and why it happened how it did. It seems obvious to me.

(Nothing new, has already been discussed, and I just hope enough evidence is there.)

Thinking of these 2 innocent victims. Sweet babies.

And of LE in this case. They have it tough.

Subiechik21, gitana1, TTF14 and 7 others like this.
  12. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

BBM It really is horrific. What’s your opinion on why and what happened? IMO I don’t think the 8 yr old son did this.

13. downwardspiral

downwardspiral Active Member

Sorry if this opinion has been presented at length - tried to catch up ..

factual. 911 call - LS conveys her son has been bullied and doesn’t want to go alone

factual. Encased wire beam wrapped strategically around a beam to hang two children successfully from chairs

This is being presented by Lisa Snyder as a murder/suicide perpetrated by her 8 year old son.

I was previously a crisis interventionist at an inpatient Adolescent (10-19) drug rehab program. I’ve seen some stuff and much complexity and self harm and suicidal ideation in young children. I am by NO MEANS an expert- but I’ve not encountered a homicidal 8 year old. Gives me pause- not complete dismissal . Going on facts- this would be unprecedented. And much inquiry would be needed at face value.

14. ProtectChildren

ProtectChildren Well-Known Member

@downwardspiral Thank you for sharing, you articulated well something that has not made sense to me. Certainly an 8 year old that disturbed would have been on the radar as in crisis at school or in other areas of his life. Symptoms, behaviors, signs that this child was disturbed prior to murder suicide.

And if there is something that evil on the Internet to influence a murder- suicide available to an 8 year old online, we have to do much better as a society to protect children and prevent it from happening ever again.

15. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Yes, plus - he was EIGHT. Don't these things need time to build up a head of steam before your breaking point?? How much bullying does an eight-year-old normally encounter? I suppose it could be older kids not in his grade but, aged eight... that doesn't sit right with me. Too young for a lot of the conditions that spark rivalries, too young for dealing with out-of-control testosterone, etc.; I wouldn't say "never", but an eight-year-old is next door to a baby, and has barely had time to form opinions about what happens in their day-to-day. Three years ago, that was kindergarten.

16. downwardspiral

My issue is the complexity in the ideation, if we are to believe as mom has presented. He’s talked of suicide before AND doesn’t want to go alone. Not only has 8 year old decided to go to heaven- he’s decided to bring his sister. In my opinion, There would have had to have been someone providing this narrative and repeating it. I would expect not only exposure to this idea but persuasive talk encouraging it. Every way I try to give the benefit of the doubt in this case I hit a wall- fast.

17. ChatteringBirds

As a parent, I would say an 8-year-old could feel and be very bullied by peers. It starts very early. I have seen group- teasing and excluding much earlier and even know a younger child attacked at school. BUT that said, I don't believe for a millisecond that this 8-year-old Conner did this. I also don't think for a millisecond it was an accident while playing.

18. ChatteringBirds

I don't want to say at this time, until more is said by LE.

Subiechik21 and Backstroke10 like this.
  19. downwardspiral

Absolutely agree.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  20. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Even entertaining the thought that an 8-year-old could think of this AND be successful is preposterous to me.

I mean, was this kid gifted? Interested in engineering? Always "rigging things up?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.