PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by TTF14, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilOlivE

EvilOlivE Well-Known Member

Agree, when my now 8 year old started Kindergarten, he was being bullied by another kindergartner in his class from the start. On the 7th day of school, they called and said I needed to come get him, that the bully had beaten him up. I had to take him to the ER, he had a concussion, black eye, busted lip, and was absolutely terrified to go back to school. His younger brother started kindergarten this year and is being bullied by a kid in his class and comes home crying. I'm trying to work with the school, but it's incredibly frustrating to get help.

2. downwardspiral

downwardspiral Active Member

Oh my goodness- my heart. That’s just awful

Subiechik21, bowler, HulaMum and 7 others like this.
  3. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

I understand but just thought I would ask. Thanks. :)

BBM I completely agree!

I'm so sorry to hear this. That's horrible! It makes me so sad. :( I just don't understand how kids can be so mean to other kids. I'm so sorry you and your kids are going through this. As you know, it's devastating as a parent to watch your kids go through this torment. I've posted this before, my son was bullied in middle school for being gay. The girls all like him, he's very handsome and hadn't even "come out" yet. We moved him to a different middle school for 7th and 8th grade where he seemed much happier. He later told me he intentionally dated girls and had a girlfriend just so nobody would find out at the new middle school. I didn't know about any of this until he was a senior in HS. It broke my heart and still breaks my heart to this day. I hate bullies! MOO

4. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

I remember being REALLY upset about some little girls being mean in elementary school, and we were best friends and were for a long time after that one incident. But this level of bullying had to be noticed. If it really happened, that is.

5. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

It's time to start sueing left and right. Saying mean things is not acceptable, but beating a little kid like that? No way, José. I would be throwing these hands at someone. I hope your kids have friends that are kind to them and make them feel good. School shouldn't be a place where kids get beat up.

6. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

I went through a time in elementary school (more towards 4th and 5th grade) when the girls were so cruel to me that I used to cry before school and beg my parents to send me to private school. This carried right over to middle school as well. Kids can be CRUEL. That being said, I don’t think Conner took his own life or his sisters life. But bullying is real, even at such a young age.

Subiechik21, bowler, songbrd and 7 others like this.
  7. Aunt2AnAngel

Aunt2AnAngel Active Member

I remember my childhood for the most part. I remember I wasn't bullied until (at the time middle school was 7th to 9th) 7th grade on to hs periodically. It was so dumb. This was 1997 til 2002. About a boy. Called all kinds of names. I was a virgin. I was scared. I was terrified to go to school because I know I'd have to face my accusers that called me all these ungodly names. Also to eat a cheeseburger constantly. I never once thought to kill myself or try to get my brother to do it with me. I do not understand the logic in the Moms claims. I know times are much different in this day and age... but I do not for one second believe this 8 year old conjured this up on his own. He did not do this and I hope that LE nails her coffin shut. What grieving mother sells her children's belongings soon after their untimely death? What mother scours social media to see what people are saying about her and commenting under an alias trying to make herself look like mother of the year? What mother doesn't hold her babies to the highest power and and handle the bullying, if that's what was really occurring? I DO NOT BUY IT. MY MOM WOULD HAVE BURIED THE WHOLE SCHOOL AND EVERY HUMAN IN HER WAY TO SEEK JUSTICE FOR ME! That's what a mother does.

Sorry for ranting. This hurts my heart. I pray they prove the child didn't do this. It is too great to bear. Her guilt will not bring them back but I pray she suffers greatly. I hope they know how we all rallied for them and love them. These babies deserved better. Their mother failed them. All the way around.

Subiechik21, Kiranerys, 1&2&3 and 8 others like this.
  8. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

I love your post and agree with everything you said!

9. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

V
    Extremely well said!

10. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don’t think a presser would calm things down at all. Right now they’re very calm and quiet. What can they say that they haven’t already said, until the investigation has concluded?

11. gitana1

Yes. But from what I’ve seen her comments were sort of odd and casual for someone grieving such horror.

12. gitana1

The chairs were still found on the ground. If you were their mom wouldn’t you grab the nearest chair and put it upright to stand on and try to lift your kid up so the chain would loosen?

13. gitana1

She may have not been aware they were still getting some oxygen. A lot of people think hanging causes instantaneous death. She might have seen them gasp and kick and then stop after awhile.

It took 11 minutes for EMS to get there.

A person could be eager for the attention or to have the plan set in motion and thus call quickly.

Subiechik21, momsof3, NoSI and 6 others like this.
  14. gitana1

Although I’m an attorney I’m not a suer. But if my kid got that injured both parents and school would be sued.

That’s negligence on the part of the school. And what happened to the bully? Was he expelled?

The parents are responsible financially and legally for what their child does.

Too often things kids do at school that would be prosecuted as crimes once they’re adults are totally ignored by both the school and LE. I have a problem with that.

We don’t send our kids to school to be beaten

15. EvilOlivE

EvilOlivE Well-Known Member

He was eventually removed from the school after he beat another classmate, a little girl. He had an IEP, so apparently that made things difficult. I was never given the name of the parents, or even the child, the school said they weren't allowed to give out that info, although I do know the child's name from my son telling me. All the meetings with the school and me and with the other parent were done separately, it's against school policy for the parents to meet each other in this type of situation. Honestly, dealing with all of it was so much, I didn't even want to go through the hassle of suing. I just sucked it up and paid the hospital bill, which did suck because we have a high deductible plan that only kick in after you've reached the deductible, so the bills were paid out of pocket.

I will also add that my great-nephew who just turned 9 tried to hang himself earlier this year from the top of his bunk bed. He's in counseling now and being evaluated. He and all his siblings are home schooled and very sheltered so it's unlikely bullying was a factor.

16. gitana1

If you had sued the school you could force them to divulge the name. That’s ridiculous. But you’re son knew anyhow.

I’m sorry to hear you went through that and I’m tired of hearing that schools and bullies get away with this stuff.

17. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Well-Known Member

I recall my childhood and being bullied horribly even as early as kindergarten. I was called names, I was whispered about, excluded from activities, starting in 2nd grade when we moved to a new town and I started in the school system where I'd go until I graduated the bullying got worse each year. I never saw or heard a teacher address the issue with the other students. I know my parents weren't contacted, it was horrible but even then I never even had a thought about suicide. I can't go into further details about it because of the anxiety I have from those memories.

Edited to add - this was in the 70s, I'm old and there was no internet/social media and all that which now play a huge role in being an added way for kids to be bullied and learn about things earlier than they did back then.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I'm very sorry you had that experience, and also sorry you did not have an advocate to stick up for you.

We moved often because of my dad's work and it was difficult to change schools -- sometimes mid-year.

As not all schools are created equal, I learned to work ahead not knowing what the next school would be like. Teachers seem to like that as I didn't interrupt their schedule or lesson plans.

On the other hand, my younger brother didn't have it so good. Teachers were always at a loss about what group to put him in or revise the lesson plan. He was bullied and I think he was picked on both because he was new but also seen as academically weaker.

I didn't like it and made a big fuss about it -- not only because it wasn't right but probably because I knew I wouldn't be at that school long enough for the administrators or students to recognize me for making them acknowledge that there was gross inequity taking place there.

I've always been like that and I'm sorry I couldn't speak up for you too. xx

19. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that about your great nephew. 9 years old and wanting to end his life, will say a prayer for hope and healing @EvilOlivE

20. Podengo

Podengo Well-Known Member

I’m a girl and I only remember being bullied by one person through middle and high school, and it was a male student about two years older than me. He basically just told me daily that he thought I was ugly and barked at me. I never understood his motivation. He was a jock and I was weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.