PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I hope so. It would have been a mercy for these poor children to be drugged before being hanged, if that’s what happened. This case is haunting. I can’t imagine hanging children.

I think this is possible, especially since the coroner is still determining cause of death.
I agree - I wonder if it is partly due to them lingering for 3 days after they were revived? I'm sure he wants to have all the facts before ruling on COD - IMO

One thing that I question out of many is that when they paramedics arrived the children weren't dead. They were in cardiac arrest and were revived on way to hospital. Whatever happened happened quickly. Maybe someone thought better of hanging them and quickly dialed 911...

What worries me is that they died 3 days later. I don't want to think this, but what if someone visited them in the hospital and finished them off somehow because if they did survive, they would surely speak about what had happened to them and who was responsible?

The other thing I've been thinking about is the whole thing with the dog, and LE wanting to know the weight. I wonder if someone told a tale of the dog being responsible - the dog ran and the kids got tangled in the lead, etc and somehow were hung and LE is trying to re-create the incident and see if it's possible based on the physics, so they would need to know how heavy the dog was relative to the kids? Not that I buy it for a second. Seems ridiculously implausible.

What worries me is that they died 3 days later. I don't want to think this, but what if someone visited them in the hospital and finished them off somehow because if they did survive, they would surely speak about what had happened to them and who was responsible?

The other thing I've been thinking about is the whole thing with the dog, and LE wanting to know the weight. I wonder if someone told a tale of the dog being responsible - the dog ran and the kids got tangled in the lead, etc and somehow were hung and LE is trying to re-create the incident and see if it's possible based on the physics, so they would need to know how heavy the dog was relative to the kids? Not that I buy it for a second. Seems ridiculously implausible.
With all due respect, I don't this either one of those events or explanations happened.

'
They were removed from life support 14 minutes apart.

'
so brain dead for sure - that says to me they hung long enough for oxygen to be deprived - they would not have removed life support unless they proved brain death, right? JMO

ETA - boy, that sounds so callous - I'm so sorry about the manner of deaths these poor children endured.

Last edited:
The 8 year old wasn’t a small child. I’m wondering how they coaxed him to stand on a chair, allow a coated cable to be placed around his neck and watch a chair be kicked out from under him. I wonder if they drugged him.
I am wondering (wild speculation on my part) if the hanging was staged to cover up a suffocation or strangulation.

'

Ok. So if they never regained consciousness that's totally different. I think I got confused by @rocket 's post about them being revived in an ambulance. I assumed that they were alive and conscious then for 3 days, then died. A misunderstanding on my part.

Ok. So if they never regained consciousness that's totally different. I think I got confused by @rocket 's post about them being revived in an ambulance. I assumed that they were alive and conscious then for 3 days, then died. A misunderstanding on my part.
I would think that revived meant that they were breathing, but most likely brain dead all along.

so brain dead for sure - that says to me they hung long enough for oxygen to be deprived - they would not have removed life support unless they proved brain death, right? JMO

ETA - boy, that sounds so callous - I'm so sorry about the manner of deaths these poor children endured.

I work at a Trauma 2 trauma center and we frequently have patients on life support. Testing for brain death is a lengthy process and they would not take anyone of life support if brain death was not clearly established. Furthermore, other departments (not just trauma services) may be part of the treatment team as well. For example, organ and tissue donation could be involved which could potentially lengthen the process before a patient is taken off life support. I am not saying that this is the case here, but just giving an example. I also think they were probably anoxic for some time and that this did not just happen. However, after only 5 minutes permanent anoxic brain injury can occur. This is about my extent of knowledge in this area as I specialize in psychiatry, but I gladly try to answer any questions and/or ask around to get info to answer questions.

Please see below link for additional information…

http://surgery.med.miami.edu/laora/clinical-operations/brain-death-diagnosis

Don't know if anyone already mentioned this, but I found this quote from the most recent reporting in the Morning Call (local-ish newspaper) particularly interesting:

In an interview with Snyder’s only other child, a 17-year-old son, troopers were surprised to learn Snyder had multiple phones, the latest warrant notes. Asked if the finding meant that Snyder had failed to turn over the additional cellphones earlier, Berks County District Attorney John Adams said only: “Normally, people only have one cellphone and now we have three.”

So the older son was the one who tipped LE off to the existence of his mother's additional phones, which is an interesting turn of events. Also interesting to me is the response by the Berks County D.A. to the question he's asked above. It's a total non-answer, and it really doesn't make sense to me why he'd avoid acknowledging outright that LS HAD "failed to turn over the additional cellphones earlier"--is anyone else here willing to venture a guess?

Police serve new search warrant, turn up more phones at Berks home where children were found hanged

MOO

Don't know if anyone already mentioned this, but I found this quote from the most recent reporting in the Morning Call (local-ish newspaper) particularly interesting:

In an interview with Snyder’s only other child, a 17-year-old son, troopers were surprised to learn Snyder had multiple phones, the latest warrant notes. Asked if the finding meant that Snyder had failed to turn over the additional cellphones earlier, Berks County District Attorney John Adams said only: “Normally, people only have one cellphone and now we have three.”

So the older son was the one who tipped LE off to the existence of his mother's additional phones, which is an interesting turn of events. Also interesting to me is the response by the Berks County D.A. to the question he's asked above. It's a total non-answer, and it really doesn't make sense to me why he'd avoid acknowledging outright that LS HAD "failed to turn over the additional cellphones earlier"--is anyone else here willing to venture a guess?

Police serve new search warrant, turn up more phones at Berks home where children were found hanged

MOO
In my opinion it would have been accusatory for him to answer in the affirmative. LE isn't going to come out and publicly accuse anyone of anything at this point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member