PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by TTF14, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Right, what I'm saying is that it has been stated that she had chronic mental health issues, serious ones apparently. I was wondering if there was any record of that, and if yes, was CPS ever involved. Plenty of people with mental health issues live a completely normal life, with and without treatment, and plenty of people with mental health issues care for themselves, for children, etc. Mental health issues don't equal violence off the bat, a person with mental health issues doesn't have to be violent, that's not what I was trying to say. What I was asking was, if her issues were so serious and were a reality for such a long time to the point of her harming her children, which she did... why is there no record of that? Why was it never an issue until she got arrested? I remember that she told a friend when she was still free something along the lines of "when they arrest me, I'll make bail and kill myself". Isn't that weird? She knew she was going to get arrested, thought she was going to be able to get a bail (seriously? wow lol) and then, just then, kill herself. Do you get my issue with believing what her attorney his trying to say? She knew what she was doing the whole time and knew LE was going to catch her eventually.

2. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

momsof3, Subiechik21 and Seattle1 like this.
  3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I do take comfort that by all accounts, both children appeared happy to others and were well-liked at school. I recall a lovely floral water-color painting by Conner -- he seemed to be a gentle soul at only age 8.

I'm not familiar with the Act 33 cited below other than it was adopted in 2008 but I hope it will benefit this case and other PA children in need.

[​IMG]

A panel of experts will soon be delving into the case, which is a state requirement under “Act 33” in Pennsylvania, for children who pass away or nearly pass away. Act 33 is utilized when there is suspected child abuse or neglect, according to the Pennsylvania General Assembly.

Berks County District Attorney John T. Adams said that although the panel is a “tool in our toolbox,” there is still a lot of evidence to go through.

UPDATE: Family dog ‘given away’ after 2 children die with dog cable around their necks [Police]

misgrn, cocomod, Subiechik21 and 4 others like this.
  4. Lusitana

It’s a little scary to think that these children might have not been abused up until she committed this horrible crime, could she really have escalated so fast without no warning signs? They did seem like happy kids, and by all accounts they did great in school. It breaks my heart that she did this to them and tried to place the blame on Conner.

5. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

It is very scary. My heart wants to believe that Conner and Brinley lived happy, healthy lives up until that final day. My mind tells me otherwise. The signs may not have been visible to the public, but I suspect those kids were psychologically traumatized.

The older brother may have knowledge of the secrets that were kept in the home. I suppose much will be learned if and when the case goes to trial.

jmo

6. Lusitana

The vibe I've been getting from this case from the beggining is that the older brother might have been the one who got the worst out of it, I don't know why but that's just something that keeps crossing my mind. I was so surprised how fast he connected the dots and told LE "no, Conner never played in the basement" and "no way, Conner was not bullied or suicidal", and "look, my mom has another phone". Even with the initial shock of it all, he just up and left the home and helped LE a lot, it seems. I hope he's doing okay these days, poor kid.

7. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Well-Known Member

Have there been any mentions of her having any alcohol or substance issues?

Subiechik21 likes this.
  8. Lusitana

Not that I remember. She might have other addictions though, like food and/or sex. She seemed desperate to get a man and that vile act on that poor dog... yikes.

9. moody_chicago

moody_chicago Well-Known Member

Soooo she has DID annnnnd multiple personality disorder? Pretty sure those are the same thing, doc. Maybe not anymore but for a while they were considered the same. Like bipolar and manic depression.
    While I do believe DID exists, I doubt she has it and dude, that just isn’t gonna hold up in court.

I don’t think cps should be involved just because a parent has a mental illness but hold up. You have bouts of psychosis, post partum and multiple personalities? All these things CAN be manage but imo someone with these afflictions should NOT be parenting alone. Someone needs to take the kids when she’s not well. Someone needs to recognize when she’s spiralling.
    I know this is controversial to say and definitely goes against constitutional rights or whatever but I’m sorry. There needs to be some kind of program that monitors whether or not parents are receiving treatment and are managing these kinds of illnesses if they are parenting alone. Yes you are an adult and should be able to choose whether or not to take medications etc but you also CHOSE to have three children.
    What kind of psychiatrist diagnoses someone with all these illnesses and is like “but the kids are probably fine”. SURE JAN.

jmo

10. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

11. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

12. rocket

rocket Pluviophile

13. Lusitana

It’s very interesting how she sexually abused her dog and then chose a dog leash to kill her own children. A dog leash of all things. It could have been any type of rope, but she chose a dog leash... I honestly can’t even imagine how absolutely disgusting her search history has to be.

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/state...o-allegedly-killed-her-kids-had-sex-with-dog/

Jan 13, 2021

Both sides of the Lisa Snyder murder case are in a tug of war over some “lewd” evidence.

[..]

Another fraught matter in this case is another charge in which Snyder is accused of having sexual relations with a dog.

As told in the allegations, certain incriminating pictures surfaced during the death investigation. Her defense has been trying to split this from the murder case, arguing that it will prejudice the jury against Snyder. As for the insanity defense, lawyers said she had a long history of severe mental illness dating back to age 16, including major depression with psychotic features, and suicidal ideation.

A hearing is set for Feb. 25 over the defense motion that opposes use of the internet history.

________

@Niner

15. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I really hope that the DA has sufficient forensic evidence to prove their case-- and not reliant on the lewd information about this despicable woman they are fighting over.

I recall from earlier reports that LS transmitted video/photos depicting her sexually assaulting a dog to a male she was communicating with online. I think there would be sufficient photos of LS without the dog sex to demonstrate how this woman was unfit to be around children, and getting rid of her kids would better suit her lifestyle.

I believe there's also financial motivation such as her son aging out of child support (different father). In other words, I agree that the separate dog & sex charges would probably prejudice a jury -- making room for appeal(s) after she's been convicted.

I'd like to think she will be convicted on both charges -- murder and animal abuse, and the DA should not need the dog to win a murder conviction. More important, I don't want justice delayed for these children. IMO, that's what is happening right now.

16. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

@Seattle1 - I see the 2/25/21 motion hearing & I also have a status hearing on 2/12/21. Is that still on? the 2/12 one?

TIA! :)

17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I believe the 2/12 status hearing will be held because it relates to her insanity defense. I believe it will be like her previous hearings -- short, nobody appearing in person.

The 2/25/21 hearing will probably be longer -- her defense is trying to separate the charges with a separate trial. (Reminds me of what's happening in AZ with Isabel Celis and the defendant CC wanting to separate his two murder charges for two girls).

MOO

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  18. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Well-Known Member

Subiechik21, Niner and bears10 like this.
  19. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

20. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Well-Known Member

I had to Google the term. I’m always learning new terms through you. Thanks. So...free in other words? Another weight dropped on the taxpayer.