GUILTY PA - Connie Murray, 46, found strangled in Philly park, 4 Aug 2014

This news is going to be even more devastating to her family and friends. Her services are Monday, and I can't imagine the added grief from this new, and shocking, development.

At first I thought maybe he did it, but the news made it sound like the daughters were there when she left and when she didn't come back. Really sad, she seemed like such a nice lady. He's obviously not nice.

Police spokesman: "It was a manual strangulation."

"There were certain parts of his story that didn't match up."

Booking photo they held up in press conference looks like a faint pink long scratch on his left cheek.

Press conference over.

The spokesman said something at the beginning that he might end up regretting. He ventured an opinion that it was a "rage" killing and "not premeditated". His words.

I don't think he should have said that.

Press conference over.

The spokesman said something at the beginning that he might end up regretting. He ventured an opinion that it was a "rage" killing and "not premeditated". His words.

I don't think he should have said that.

In the end I don't think he will go to trial, but you never know since he "blacked out". For his family he needs to plead guilty and go to prison.

The only evidence that he "blacked out" was his word that he did so. Fairly weak, imo.

They have video of him in his car, following her from her house.

http://6abc.com/news/police-husband-confessed-to-pennypack-park-murder/251007/

Reihl said on Saturday night, police brought Christopher Murray in for questioning. State Police Trooper David Lang administered a lie detector test to Mr. Murray, which police say he failed...

"Reality was he became a suspect early on and remained a suspect until he confessed," Reihl said...

Police say they recovered video of an encounter between Connie and Christopher on Willets Road soon after. The video shows Christopher pulling his car up to Connie where she was walking. In the video, Connie sticks her head into the car, says something, and walks away. Christopher then drives away.

The only evidence that he "blacked out" was his word that he did so. Fairly weak, imo.
Oh exactly. Very weak and I don't believe it. He said it for his family IMO. He followed in his car...just wow.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Killing-Wife-at-Pennypack-Park-270665641.html

Police say Christopher Murray continued to follow her and got out of his vehicle on Holme Avenue around 9:30 p.m. The husband and wife then went to a bench area at the park where another argument ensued...

"She went up there voluntarily to talk to him about whatever was going on and things went bad," Riehl said.

Christopher Murray allegedly strangled his wife and then left her body at the bench area near the Crispin Rec Center. Investigators say Murray then contacted police around 2 a.m. and reported that his wife was missing.

I had the absolute worst feeling that her husband did this; I didn't want to believe it but here we are. :( He even posed her body. Near a Playground, such a sick mind.

NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- The husband of a woman found dead in Pennypack Park has confessed to her murder, a police source tells Action News.

According to the source, 48-year-old Christopher Murray confessed late Saturday night to killing his wife, 46-year-old Connie Murray.

The source says Christopher told police he followed Connie to Pennypack Park last Monday night and confronted her.

They got into an argument.

According to the source, Christopher told police he "blacked out" and then strangled his wife.

http://6abc.com/news/source-husband-confesses-to-pennypack-park-murder/251007/

Get ready for the insanity/diminished-capacity defense. I'm sure his lawyers are already working on it this morning.

How, exactly, does one "black out" but at the same time remember committing the crime?

What a convenient excuse.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie