GUILTY PA - Dr. Kermit Gosnell for killing patient, 7 infants, Philadelphia, 2011

So someone please tell me why the women that sought out his services were not charged as well? :waitasec:

Read the charging docs. That explains a lot. Some of his victims were still several years from being women.

Oh my god, this story is haunting me. I had to go read the graphic, 281-page, grand jury report. It is appalling to read the description of what went on there. This clinic operated unimpeded for four decades! The state of Pennsylvania knew about the conditions and deaths that happened there and did nothing.

2a9tv1g.jpg

I'm not even half-way through the report, yet. This is so sad.

So someone please tell me why the women that sought out his services were not charged as well? :waitasec:

Linda, I'll find a link for you from yesterday's paper. I think the girl was 15 years old. Grandmom took her to the lunatic. The kid didn't want an abortion period.

So, do we charge her or grandmom?

You got women with PTSD from this. Women who were girls at the time who were absolutely clueless.

Trust me I am in no way excusing any of it. I just can't seem to want to lock up someone that was a kid taken to this nut job by a parent who indeed may be the unborn babies parent. Or by a grandmom that is raising second generations who can't possibly raise a third. Undocumented immigrants that don't speak English who have already escaped horrific conditions in their homelands who want better here.

I am pro-choice, and trust you me could never, ever have had an abortion myself, but I can't stand in judgement.

BTW, I spoke with my old friend yesterday and asked if I could relay. She said yes. Years ago this girl/woman went to this guy. She was NOT that far along. Not even second trimester. Had the abortion. Not even a week later she wound up on her bathroom floor. Here, she had an ectopic pregnancy. Which meant that guy did nada. He gave her an abortion when there was nothing in her uterus. She had a tubal pregnancy.

Here we go. 15 year old Robyn Reid fills us in on what it's like to be taken for an abortion by your grandmom.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-01-...ion-doctor-abortion-clinic-one-treatment-room

Just found this article:

Lots of info here.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/22/women-claim-abortions-left-sterile/?test=latestnews

Just days after Marie Smith got an abortion at a West Philadelphia clinic, her stomach swelled and she began vomiting.

Her mother, Johnnie Mae Smith, took her to a hospital where doctors rushed the unconscious 20-year-old into surgery to remove numerous fetal parts that were left inside her body, causing a potentially fatal infection. The doctor who performed the abortion, Kermit Gosnell, turned up at the hospital with his checkbook, aiming to settle immediately, the mother said.

Instead, Johnnie Mae Smith chased him away, vowing to sue. Later, her daughter got just $3,000 -- after lawyer fees -- from a $5,000 settlement.

Gosnell, by contrast, took in at least $1.8 million a year from his corner-store medical practice at the Women's Medical Society, which prosecutors who charged him with eight counts of murder this week called his drug mill by day and abortion mill by night.

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/articles/2011/01/27/opinion/srv0000010758716.txt

State agency failed at ending abortion clinic horror story

It was grueling to read the grand jury findings on the filthy Philadelphia abortion clinic run by Dr. Kermit Gosnell and his untrained and seemingly consciousless workforce Blood-stained blankets and fetal body parts in milk jugs were found in the inappropriately named Women's Medical Society.

According to the grand jury report, that was the site where Gosnell killed a patient with an anesthesia overdose and took babies born alive in the sixth, seventh and eight months of pregnancy and murdered them by severing their spinal cords with a pair of scissors.

Gosnell, a family practice physician, had no obstetric or gynecological training and no right to perform any abortion. Hopefully, he and the nine unlicensed employees assisting him in the ill treatment and death of poor women and their born-alive babies receive the justice they deserve.

Does anyone know the status of the nine other employees? Are they out on bail now?

I have been unable to get some of the images from this case out of my head. This one really bothers me.

I've also changed my mind about something. This case is about abortion. It's about abortion and poor women; mainly poor, minority women. I would really like to see all abortions stopped. Not just this horror clinic.

If abortion weren't stigmatized the way it is, there would be no need for people to seek out the equivalent of back alley abortionists, like this guy. To me, it isn't about abortion, it's about murder. To me there is a difference, to others there isn't. This guy is a predator and did things that have nothing to do with abortion, such as cutting off feet.Regardless of the abortion debate, and where anyone stands, it doesn't change the fact that this guy is sick.

Even my more outspoken pro-choice friends are absolutely sickened by this guy and what he stands for.

It's about abortion and poor women; mainly poor, minority women. I would really like to see all abortions stopped.

It will never stop, Tuffy. It will just force women to go back to the days when you had the neighborhood abortionist. These very same women will be the most likely at risk because if abortion is illegal the only people who will be able to afford one safely albeit illegally will be the people with money.

It will never stop, Tuffy. It will just force women to go back to the days when you had the neighborhood abortionist. These very same women will be the most likely at risk because if abortion is illegal the only people who will be able to afford one safely albeit illegally will be the people with money.

Oh, I know the argument, Filly. I'm pretty stubborn, though. :) I think it is worth fighting to try to end it.

I know it may not be a popular thought here, and really I don't want to hijack this thread. This case has just affected me deeply, and I feel in my heart, that I must do something.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/04/philly-abortion-doctor-gosnell-face-death/

Philly Abortion Doctor Gosnell May Face Death

Prosecutors in Philadelphia are debating if they want to seek the death penalty in the case of abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell.

Gosnell was in court Friday in Philadelphia for a hearing, where he asked for a public defender. That request was denied by the court.

Prosecutors provided records at the hearing indicating the Gosnell and his wife have 16 properties valued "in the millions," including a bay front home in Brigantine, N.J. worth over $900,000.

Women: Pa. abortions left us sterile, near death

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Just days after Marie Smith got an abortion at a West Philadelphia clinic, her stomach swelled and she began vomiting green stuff.

Her mother, Johnnie Mae Smith, took her to a hospital where doctors rushed the unconscious 20-year-old into surgery to remove numerous fetal parts that were left inside her body, causing a potentially fatal infection. The doctor who performed the abortion, Kermit Gosnell, turned up at the hospital with his checkbook, aiming to settle immediately, the mother said.

Instead, Johnnie Mae Smith chased him away, vowing to sue. Later, her daughter got just $3,000 — after lawyer fees — from a $5,000 settlement.

Gosnell, by contrast, took in at least $1.8 million a year from his corner-store medical practice at the Women's Medical Society, which prosecutors who charged him with eight counts of murder this week called his drug mill by day and abortion mill by night.

“His entire practice showed nothing but a callous disdain for the lives of his patients,” Philadelphia prosecutors wrote in a ghoulish, nearly 300-page grand jury report released Wednesday. “His contempt for laws designed to protect patients’ safety resulted in the death of Karnamaya Mongar.”

The grand jury had scathing criticism for Pennsylvania state health and medical regulators who had numerous opportunities to shut Gosnell down over the years but ignored complaint after complaint about filthy conditions and illegal operations.

Gosnell was charged with killing seven babies born alive and with the death of Mongar, a 41-year-old refugee who prosecutors say died in 2009 after a botched abortion at the clinic. Unlicensed staff members gave her far too much anesthesia for her 4-foot-11-inch, 110-pound body hours before Gosnell arrived for his evening slate of abortions, a grand jury charged.

Mongar had fled Bhutan and had survived nearly 20 years in refugee camps in Nepal, even after cholera took the life of a 4-year-old daughter. She and her family had made it to the United States just four months earlier to pursue “all that America has to offer,” said lawyer Bernard W. Smalley, who filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against Gosnell this week.

“She was the matriarch of their family and now she’s no longer there. Her children will all have to be raised without her,” Smalley told The Associated Press. “At the end of the day, this man has deprived her of her life.”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<complete article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...th/?page=1&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=RSS_Feed

Judge doesn't buy Gosnells' poor excuse for no lawyer

Kermit Gosnell, the doctor charged with killing a patient and seven viable babies during illegal abortions, has until Wednesday to hire an attorney, a judge told him yesterday.

Common Pleas Judge Renee Cardwell Hughes gave the same order to Pearl Gosnell, the doctor's wife, after both claimed to be broke and asked for public defenders.

Gosnell, arrested last month along with his wife and eight former employees of his West Philadelphia clinic, claimed to be "nearly destitute" and lacking money to hire counsel.

Hughes, citing a list of Gosnell's assets provided by the District Attorney's Office, suggested that he liquidate some of his properties.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://articles.philly.com/2011-02-...y-hearings-abortion-practice-public-defenders

The depths of this man's depravity coupled with his seeming lack remorse and now, insult to injury, to expect the taxpayers and citizens to pay for his defense is literally sickening.

No preliminary hearing, Judge rules:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b..._doc_hires_big_name_lawyer_to_defend_him.html

A Common Pleas Court judge this afternoon granted a prosecution motion to skip a preliminary hearing for the 10 people charged in the operation of a West Philadelphia abortion clinic in which one patient died and seven newborn infants were allegedly killed.

Judge Renee Cardwell Hughes ruled that the 260-page report of a county grand jury released last month more than made out a case that Dr. Kermit Gosnell, his wife Pearl, and eight employees of the Women's Medical Society clinic should be held for trial.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-01-20/news/27038770_1_abortion-clinic-late-term-abortions-grand-jury

Gosnell routinely induced labor in patients in their second and third trimesters rather than perform risky late-term abortions. That sometimes resulted in live births. He and his staffers killed the babies by stabbing their necks with scissors to sever their spinal cords and sometimes suctioning their skulls, too. About a baby writhing as he cut its neck, Gosnell joked to a staffer: "That's what you call a chicken with its head cut off."

She was NOT that far along. Not even second trimester. Had the abortion. Not even a week later she wound up on her bathroom floor. Here, she had an ectopic pregnancy. Which meant that guy did nada. He gave her an abortion when there was nothing in her uterus. She had a tubal pregnancy.

Yeah, that is why docs don't like to abort before 6 weeks, it is so tiny it can be missed completely. Of course this guy didn't care he just wanted the cash.

It seems as if some gov authorities HAD to be aware of this clinic. Are they going after whatever agency allowed this place to stay open? Some heads should roll.

I am not usually squeemish when it comes to stories of this type but aborting the baby and having it suffer on the counter for 20 minutes while a staff member "plays with it" before cutting its throat is truly just horrifically sick. Odd how when humans decide it is okay/normal to kill they frequently jump into sadism (in slaughterhouses, lab research, places like this, etc...). It is like their brain tells them it would be wrong to kill something that has feelings so since we are going to do it we will just assume it doesn't have any feelings at all.

Death penalty sought against Gosnell:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/death-penalty-sought-for-house-of-horrors-abortionist

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania, March 3, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Because Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell’s victims were only minutes old, state prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty against the abortionist.

The gruesome nature of Gosnell’s abortion business, which involved routine infanticide, sent shockwaves through national media outlets earlier this year, after state investigators stumbled upon the filthy facility.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-03-...-philadelphia-kermit-gosnell-karnamaya-mongar

<<snip>>

The order forbids Gosnell from getting rid of any assets "in anticipation of . . . avoiding his responsibilities" to pay Mongar's family if he loses the civil case.

Philadelphia investigators found $250,000 in cash when they raided Gosnell's West Philadelphia home, yet Gosnell claimed to be "close to destitute" at a hearing last month before Common Pleas Court Judge Renee Cardwell Hughes. He contested a list of 17 properties that Philadelphia prosecutors say he and his wife, Pearl, own in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Texas. He also said he couldn't afford a private lawyer.

<<snip>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back