PA PA - Edna Thorne, 15, Philadelphia, 24 June 1975

June 24th 2010 marks the 35 year anniversary of Edna's disappearance.

Remembering Edna. It has been 36 years since she went missing.

I want to hear more about Frank Ryan-why did you put his name in quotes, anonymous? Also what do your uncles and their trash truck have to do with and how do you know Edna was preggers and that Frank was the family rapist?

Edna went missing on a Tuesday. That night was a full moon.

to all of you thank you so very much for keeping my sisters case alive it has been 37 long years our mother just turned 90 i do no lot of the info on here is wrong it was my house she left from that day 3047 front st Philadelphia she told me she was going to the stables she never returned ..... back than the police would not take a report for 48 hours than she was classified as a runaway there has been new details and persons that have come forward with information but according to the police its a he said she said thing funny some one came forward and showed the police where she was "dump " according to this person but according to Philadelphia police dept it would take a order from the pope to dig on the land ... it is private property in riverside new jersey were it was a dump for private trash company that this person worked for

Richard, why do you keep talking about the full moon? Debo, who is Frank Ryan?

Richard, why do you keep talking about the full moon?...

I only mentioned it once in this thread. The day of the week/month and the phase of the moon are known facts. Unfortunately only a few facts are known in this girl's disappearance.

While in and of themselves, the day of the week or the phase of the moon might have no meaning, but when considering possible connections between this case and others, they might provide useful clues.

There have been cases when perpetrators committed crimes on a particular day/night or date for various reasons. And some criminals are affected by and commit their crimes during certain seasons, or phases of the moon.

I've always wondered if her disappearance and that of Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone were related. Both were pretty Caucasian teenaged females from the Philadelphia area, and disappeared about two years apart.

i would like to talk to anonymous77 to she seems to no a lot of information

to scriptgirl frank was married to her older sister
why do you ask

I ask because earlier in the thread, someone implied that Frank Ryan had raped Edna and gotten her pregnant and that he was known for having raped other family members

i would like to talk to anonymous77 to she seems to no a lot of information

Anonymous77 hasn't posted on WS for a while. You could try sending her a PM and she might respond.

to scriptgirl frank was married to her older sister
why do you ask

Hi Debo. Glad you are here. I'm so sorry for all you have gone through for many years, not knowing what happened to your sister. God bless you, your family, and especially your mother. I know she would still like to bring her daughter home and bury her if she is deceased.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Frank was married to Edna's older sister, your sister? Is he still living or did they divorce? Was he ever a suspect in your sister's disappearance? Other than domestic violence was he ever arrested or convicted of anything?

Have you ever read the police report? In most states, since she was your sister you have a right to a copy of the report. IF, they won't give it to you they would give it to your mother, if she makes the request and if it doesn't upset her too much.

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

On Sunday, 24 June 2012, Edna Christine Thorne will have been missing for 37 years.

In 1975, several girls went missing from Pennsylvania and adjacent states. Three girls went missing from PA in as many months:

Wendy Eaton, age 15, went missing on Saturday, 17 May 1975 from Medina, PA

Edna Christine Thorne, age 15, went missing Tuesday, 24 June 1975 from Philadelphia

Tracy Anne King, age 14, went missing Tuesday, 8 July 1975 from somewhere between Gettysburg and Littlestown, Pa

Earlier, Sheila (12) and Katherine (10) Lyon went missing Tuesday, 25 March 1975. from Wheaton, Maryland

All are still missing. All of these girls have websleuths threads. Could this be only circumstantial, or could some of these cases be connected?

:seeya:
EDNA CHRISTINE THORNE
DOB: Feb 25, 1960
Missing: Jun 24, 1975
Age at time: 15
Age Now: 44
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Weight: 105 lbs (48 kg)
Missing From: PHILADELPHIA, PA, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Edna was last seen at a relative's residence on June 24, 1975.

Philadelphia Police Department (Pennsylvania) - 1-215-685-1180

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=604667&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US
Thank you so very much Richard for your help and for all your post to and not letting her be forgotten my mom is 90 yrs old now and still goes to bed every night wondering where she is and what happened to her little girl

Debo, is there any truth to the rumor that Edna may have been pregnant?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back