Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

OCT 27

According to police, Capaldi was last seen at the home she shares with her husband near the intersection of High and E. Church streets in Sellersville borough on Monday, Oct. 10.

Authorities noted that Capaldi is a homebody and that her disappearance is out of character.

The DA says what can be shared about the investigation is limited. But he did say it was Capaldi's husband who last saw her.

However, it wasn't until two days later that her adult daughter reported the 55-year-old missing after losing touch.

Can't help but wonder why Beth wasn't reported missing sooner if she's usually at home? Why wait 2 days?

OCT 27

According to police, Capaldi was last seen at the home she shares with her husband near the intersection of High and E. Church streets in Sellersville borough on Monday, Oct. 10.

Authorities noted that Capaldi is a homebody and that her disappearance is out of character.

The DA says what can be shared about the investigation is limited. But he did say it was Capaldi's husband who last saw her.

However, it wasn't until two days later that her adult daughter reported the 55-year-old missing after losing touch.

Can't help but wonder why Beth wasn't reported missing sooner if she's usually at home? Why wait 2 days?
Exactly, that's my issue as well.

OCT 27

Many posts have assumed that the husband and the wife are in the home together 24/7, which--though it's probably the most common arrangement for a married couple--is not how all married couples live. For instance, *if* EC's husband has a job that keeps him out of the home for extended periods of time, like salespeople who are constantly flying around the country to meet clients, or like long-haul truck drivers, it's possible that the communication between the spouses might have been infrequent while he was away, and may have been dependent on whether or not he was in an area with good cellular service. Since the husband's job hasn't been noted by any MSM yet, this is purely speculative, but I think it's important to remember that there could be a logical explanation for EC's spouse not being the one to report EC missing.

Her FB, doesn't seem to post that often.

Hmm when looking at 9/2 "All Comments" pointing at the "SC" comment. I'm not quite sure how to take that. Joking (with the smiley), or controlling? I realize I'm probably reaching, but she is missing so I have trouble controlling my side eye lol.

I believe so. The husband was the last person to see her, yet she wasn't reported missing for two days, and the husband wasn't the one who even reported her missing. Not getting a good feeling about this one.

--

Weintraub said Capaldi was reported missing on Oct. 12 by her daughter after her family "uncharacteristically had not heard from her for those two days." She had last been seen by her husband, said the D.A.

Most articles mention that her car keys were left behind but this one states house keys as well, which lessens the possibility that Beth might have grabbed her wallet and left with someone to run a quick errand, grab a coffee, or whatever... Yeah, NO. MOO

A few of her personal belongings, including her wallet, were missing from her home, however most of her other belongings, including her cell phone, her keys to the house and to the car and the car itself were left behind, said the district attorney.

IMO DA Weintraub is using language that, to me, indicates they think foul play in involved here.

Weintraub says everyone detectives have interviewed so far in the case has been forthcoming with information.
Weintraub said. "I don't want to lead or mislead anybody here. We don't want anybody jumping to any conclusions. The investigation is of course remains open and very hot."

"We do have some leads that we're working on. We're still hopeful that we can find Ms. Capaldi alive, but we're prepared for any eventuality," said Weintraub.
"We continue to hold out hope that we can find Beth Capaldi and reunite her with her family, but we are not ruling anything out at this time," said Weintraub.

Throwing together a quick TIMELINE to get a feel for things...

MON OCT 10 - LAST SEEN ---------------------------------------------------
  • last seen at home on East Church & High Street, Sellersville, PA [1@0:40] by husband [2] in "early morning hours" [3]
  • wallet is missing; cell phone, keys, and car were left behind [1]; house key also left behind [2]
TUE OCT 11 - DAY 1

WED OCT 12 - DAY 2 - REPORTED MISSING

• reported missing by daughter [1]
~MON OCT 24 - DAY 14 ("yesterday or day before" Oct 26 - [1@0:20])
  • LE had "bloodhounds or some kind of dogs" out [1@0:20]
WED OCT 26 - DAY 16
  • MSM picks up case [1]
  • neighbor interviewed, states that
    • LE was canvassing neighborhood [1@0:16]
    • yesterday or day before, LE had "bloodhounds or some kind of dogs" out [1@0:20]
  • PM - District Attorney holds press conference to ask for public's help [2]
    • states that they have some leads they're working on, but "we're prepared for any eventuality" [2]
    • have spoken to BC's husband [3]

SOURCES
[1] Police search for missing Bucks County mom who 'vanished' - NBC Philadelphia - Oct 26
[2] Disappearance of Bucks County woman under investigation - Patch - Oct 26
[3] Sellersville woman Beth Capaldi missing for more than two weeks - Courier Times - Oct 26

MOOs
Definitely seeing some major red flags on this one -- her husband not reporting her missing being the biggest one. And why did LE wait two weeks to canvas the neighborhood or inform the public that she was missing? Makes me think the husband must have had some plausible explanation for her absence or reason to believe that she would return on her own. I hate that she wasn't even reported missing until after that critical first 48 hours.

<modsnip: rude>
Throwing together a quick TIMELINE to get a feel for things...

MON OCT 10 - LAST SEEN ---------------------------------------------------
  • last seen at home on East Church & High Street, Sellersville, PA [1@0:40] by husband [2] in "early morning hours" [3]
  • wallet is missing; cell phone, keys, and car were left behind [1]; house key also left behind [2]
TUE OCT 11 - DAY 1

WED OCT 12 - DAY 2 - REPORTED MISSING

• reported missing by daughter [1]
~MON OCT 24 - DAY 14 ("yesterday or day before" Oct 26 - [1@0:20])
  • LE had "bloodhounds or some kind of dogs" out [1@0:20]
WED OCT 26 - DAY 16
  • MSM picks up case [1]
  • neighbor interviewed, states that
    • LE was canvassing neighborhood [1@0:16]
    • yesterday or day before, LE had "bloodhounds or some kind of dogs" out [1@0:20]
  • PM - District Attorney holds press conference to ask for public's help [2]
    • states that they have some leads they're working on, but "we're prepared for any eventuality" [2]
    • have spoken to BC's husband [3]

SOURCES
[1] Police search for missing Bucks County mom who 'vanished' - NBC Philadelphia - Oct 26
[2] Disappearance of Bucks County woman under investigation - Patch - Oct 26
[3] Sellersville woman Beth Capaldi missing for more than two weeks - Courier Times - Oct 26

MOOs
Definitely seeing some major red flags on this one -- her husband not reporting her missing being the biggest one. And why did LE wait two weeks to canvas the neighborhood or inform the public that she was missing? Makes me think the husband must have had some plausible explanation for her absence or reason to believe that she would return on her own. I hate that she wasn't even reported missing until after that critical first 48 hours.
FRIDAY 10-14 Perkasie PD put out a bulletin that Beth was missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm when looking at 9/2 "All Comments" pointing at the "SC" comment. I'm not quite sure how to take that. Joking (with the smiley), or controlling? I realize I'm probably reaching, but she is missing so I have trouble controlling my side eye lol.
I am friends with both of them on FB. I took it as not so serious. True, Beth doesn't post much on FB and it was refreshing to see Beth post something anew. Steve was probably just as surprised. Just my opinion from afar.

Lots of questions on this one. I'd like to know what "early morning" hours are considered here. IMO I think of early morning as like midnight-3 AM or so. But that's not necessarily the definition LE is using. If it was that early, the husband likely saw her before bed.

I am curious if they sleep in the same room or separate rooms (which is not unusual for married couples as sometimes due to snoring or other sleep issues, people sleep apart). I could see an innocent scenario where maybe they sleep in separate rooms, the husband leaves to go out of town for work that day and leaves without seeing/speaking to her. I would think they would at least talk by text or phone call later that day or the next. But I will say, just because the daughter is the one who contacted LE first about her missing, could it be possible the husband was concerned and not getting a hold of her but just happened that her daughter said "I'll go in and make the report"? Possibly.

Just trying to think through possible scenarios. I am leaning one direction on this, but keeping my mind open to other possibilities.

Leaving the house key at home while going out is a red flag for me as the vast majority of folks don't leave their houses unlocked, even if another family member is home. I would be interested in any security camera video that shows how she was dressed, her body language and facial expressions. I have alerted a regional SAR team (with dogs) to contact the DA and LE in case they want Lake Lenape Park searched.

Leaving the house key at home while going out is a red flag for me as the vast majority of folks don't leave their houses unlocked, even if another family member is home. I would be interested in any security camera video that shows how she was dressed, her body language and facial expressions. I have alerted a regional SAR team (with dogs) to contact the DA and LE in case they want Lake Lenape Park searched.
Also, noone asks what she was wearing perhaps when last seen and were those clothes left on or not. The presser was sort of lame. Didn't really reveal much other than the case is moving up the chain in its seriousness. The also had to keep referring to his assistant. I wonder when the next briefing might be.

I've lived in my house for 7 years and used my house keys once. I use my garage code and garage clicker to get in the house,
And most people I know use their garage as well. So I don't necessarily think house keys are a huge deal normally. But the fact she wasn't reported missing for two days... even small details give me pause.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back