GUILTY PA - Erica Shultz, 26, missed work, Bloomsburg, Columbia Co., 4 Dec 2020 *arrest*

I presume he was originally charged with murder but was convicted of the lesser charge. I would like to know if he was in the US military while in Germany. Most countries don't take too kindly to foreigners murdering their citizens so I wonder if the victim was even German.

I have the details on Haulman's German crime. When he was 20, he bludgeoned and killed a man who was a casual acquaintance. He was apparently not even a suspect in the crime but was apprehended for some other unrelated reason and ended up confessing. He was charged with manslaughter. Under German law, people under 21 can be charged in juvenile court so prosecutors decided to do that in this case, which meant he faced much less prison time than he otherwise might have received. He was not in the military at the time of the murder, but was in fact living a transient life in the woods near U.S. Ramstein air force base. The man he killed was the son of an Air Force colonel. Haulman served six years at a reform school for the crime and was shown leniency in sentencing because of a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

All details from this article: Man convicted in 1999 killing of Ramstein colonel's son now a 'person of interest' in woman's disappearance

Some points of linkage:

1. Haulman is thought to have bludgeoned all of his victims. Going to a wooded area with them and building a campfire appear to be recurring themes in his crimes.
2. He tends to confess to crimes he's not even suspected of.
3. In addition to Pennsylvania, and his ties to Michigan, he has lived in California, Maryland, and Illinois.

I have no doubt this guy has other victims. JMO.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Repor...-CR-0001394-2021&dnh=1zJVdfuN557a9G8JmKuieg==

The hearing on 5/17/21 just says "Awaiting Filing of Information."

Next court date is 6/14/21 at 11:00 a.m.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Repor...-TR-0001061-2020&dnh=2AmTQfrRGFBmLvvyllKr7A==

As recently as November 2020, Haulman pled guilty to a summary offense of "Refuse inspection." From what I can tell, it means something was wrong with his motor vehicle and he failed to fix it or provide adequate documentation. The fine was paid and the case closed out on 12/8/20.

Accused killer charged with second murder | wnep.com

On 5/14/21, Haulman was charged in the killing of Tianna Ann Phillips.

During his confession, Haulman told police that he picked up Phillips and took her to a wooded area near Hobbie Road in Luzerne County. He walked into the woods and he told her they were going to build a fire. But instead, as he followed her he struck her over the head with a hammer several times and later slashed her throat with a knife before stabbing her multiple times.

[...]

[Shultz's] body was discovered in the same location where Haulman told police he killed Phillips.

Similar M.O and same location is unnerving.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Repor...-CR-0001573-2021&dnh=6fTuJZNczKDd0G77XM/Jnw==

These documents are always somewhat technical and are difficult to read what's going on. On 6/22/21, motion for discovery was made.

So the wife failed to notify authorities of a murder and it allowed another woman to die unnecessarily - and she's not going to face charges. This kind of thing makes me furious.

I hope they look into where he was in August 2017 when Jenna van Gelderen went missing in Atlanta.
Hi. Can I weigh in just a little info? Came across this thread by accident last night and was intrigued and I believe this guy has many more victims, moo. Are there any press releases from LE about this guy? (I cannot access some things because of where I am located).

Jenna van Gelderen like Erica Schultz had high functioning autism. That might be irrelevant as we have all been a little trusting meeting new people at one point or another.

Thinking out loud, could he have been preying on the vulnerable? No disrespect, zero judgment, just curious...moo.

In Jenna's case an inexpensive World War II tapestry was missing from the home, it had been carefully cut out of a frame on the wall. If I read his history correctly he served in the army? I think that the missing tapestry from world war II is telling if LE or anyone in his life can link him to possibly being in this area when Jenna disappeared. She was also a very active user of social media/texter and did not tell her family where she was residing at the time of her disappearance as she wanted independence. Her dad says she was ''very impressionable, very gullible and had been taken advantage of by a lot of people''.

All MOO but this guy needs serious looking into... he is 43 and could be responsible for other MP's.

All moo. Zero judgment. Always with respect.

Hi. Can I weigh in just a little info? Came across this thread by accident last night and was intrigued and I believe this guy has many more victims, moo. Are there any press releases from LE about this guy? (I cannot access some things because of where I am located).

Jenna van Gelderen like Erica Schultz had high functioning autism. That might be irrelevant as we have all been a little trusting meeting new people at one point or another.

Thinking out loud, could he have been preying on the vulnerable? No disrespect, zero judgment, just curious...moo.

In Jenna's case an inexpensive World War II tapestry was missing from the home, it had been carefully cut out of a frame on the wall. If I read his history correctly he served in the army? I think that the missing tapestry from world war II is telling if LE or anyone in his life can link him to possibly being in this area when Jenna disappeared. She was also a very active user of social media/texter and did not tell her family where she was residing at the time of her disappearance as she wanted independence. Her dad says she was ''very impressionable, very gullible and had been taken advantage of by a lot of people''.

All MOO but this guy needs serious looking into... he is 43 and could be responsible for other MP's.

All moo. Zero judgment. Always with respect.

There was speculation that he was in the military because of the location of his first crime in Germany (near a major base) but according to an article about that crime (linked in my post upthread) he was only living in Germany because his father had moved there previously; he was actually homeless and camping out in the woods when the crime near the base occurred. So there's no military connection per se through occupation; he still could have been obsessed with it for other reasons that we don't know about though.

However, I agree that this guy has a definite M.O. and should be looked into for other cases.

Accused serial killer set for pre-trial hearing in September

Harold David Haulman III, 43, who told authorities he was unsure if he would have killed again if he hadn’t been caught, researched serial killers, Hannibal Lector and “Silence of the Lambs,” according to court documents, is now set for a pre-trial conference prior to going to trial on the two murder charges.

Haulman was arrested earlier this year for the murders of McClure resident Tianna Phillips, 25, who went missing in 2018, and Bloomsburg resident Erica Shultz, 26, who went missing late last year.

During the course of interviews with former Bloomsburg state trooper Shawn Williams, now Shikellamyy Area School District Police Chief, said Haulman spoke about a third murder, involving, Ashley Parlier, 21, of Battle Creek, Michigan, in 2005, police said.

Williams contacted Michigan authorities and when Calhoun County Detective John Pignataro arrived in Pennsylvania he spoke with Haulman, who according to court documents, admitted to murdering Parlier and Joseph Whitehurst, in Ramstein, Germany, in 1999.

Haulman was then arrested for the Parlier murder, and family members of all three victims are expected to be in Luzerne County for the Sept. 9 hearing being held at 1:30 p.m. at the Luzerne County Courthouse, in Wilkes-Barre.

Haulman said that the killing of Shultz, was “like a day in the park,” police said. Haulman told authorities that it was possible he would have murdered again if he hadn’t been caught, according to court documents.

On Dec. 6, 2020, relatives reported Shultz missing to the Bloomsburg Police Department. During that investigation, law enforcement learned Shultz was in contact with Haulman when Williams interviewed Haulman’s wife, Anne Haulman.

Homeless Man Pleads Guilty for Two Valley Murders |

A homeless man accused of killing two women from our region has pleaded guilty. 43-year-old Harold Haulman III, who has no address, was sentenced to life in prison without parole as a result.

He’s responsible for the killing of 25-year-old Tianna Phillips of McClure, who went missing in 2018, and 26-year-old Erica Shultz of Bloomsburg, who went missing late last year. Haulman was arrested earlier this year on murder charges.

Serial killer sentenced for 2005 Battle Creek cold case

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) — A serial killer already serving two life sentences on Monday got another 37.5 to 60 years for the 2005 murder of a Battle Creek woman.

Harold Haulman admitted to murdering 21-year-old Ashley Parlier 16 years after her disappearance as he confessed to the killing of two Pennsylvania woman.

“You murdered my sister but you killed so much more. You stole a piece of us every day since the day she went missing,” Parlier’s sister, Nicole Campen, told Haulman in court Monday before the judge read his sentence.

Emily Corbin and Tashia Feaster came from Pennsylvania to support Campen. Haulman also killed Corbin’s sister Erica Schultz and Feaster’s sister, Tianna Phillips. It was during questioning for those murders that Haulman admitted to killing Parlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back