PA - Famed Kecksburg UFO incident turns 50

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Dec 4, 2015.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

triblive.com:

UFO mystery turns 50 in Mt. Pleasant Township village

Wiki:

Kecksburg UFO incident

2. Loading...

3. AnaTeresa

AnaTeresa New Member

Fascinating!

4. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

Yes, I remember this one on Unsolved Mysteries and it's the most recent case on my top twelve classic UFO stories list. There's no good explanation for the events unless you think a bunch of people were just lying.

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Yes, after Roswell, this is likely America's most important "close encounters of the first kind" site.

6. AlwaysShocked

AlwaysShocked New Member

I live in the Western Pennsylvania area and I remember when this happened. As I recall the local news rather quickly dismissed it as being a meteor fragment.

I never knew until I read the link that the radio reporter who was at the scene prior to police arrival ended up being killed via a hit and run incident several years later.

And that so many of the records related to the incident turned up missing over the years.

Strange coincidences.........

Regarding the scientist who said the trees that were damaged "in a path" could have been damaged from an ice storm, I've seen tree damage caused by ice storms in that area several times in my life. It does not take place in any kind of "a path". It happens to wide swaths of trees. Like half a mountainside of trees, all broken off. It just does not happen in a manner that would create a path through a stand of trees.

7. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member