Found Safe PA - Gemma Moats, 4, Rouzerville, Franklin County, 24-25 April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Legally Bland, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ROUZERVILLE – Authorities are currently searching for a 4-year-old girl in the area of Pen Mar Road in Rouzerville, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

Police responded to the 12000 block of Pen Mar Road for a report of a missing girl at 3:30 a.m. Thursday. Crews are still on scene and multiple resources are being utilized, according to police.

Girl reported missing in Rouzerville area

PA State Police
    55 mins ·
    FRANKLIN COUNTY MISSING GIRL: Crews are searching for four-year-old Gemma Moats. She was last seen at her home in the 12000 block of Pen Mar Road, Washington Township at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. She was wearing pink pajama shorts and a short-sleeved shirt. Gemma weighs 50 pounds and has shoulder-length blonde hair. PSP Chambersburg is investigating.
    PA State Police

2. Legally Bland

3. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

Imagine.... I have a 5 year old, if she went missing and was a mile away.. id lose my you know what.. insane..

4. Legally Bland

I wasn't expecting this, I thought she'd wandered off in the middle of the night:

ROUZERVILLE, Pa. — Pennsylvania State Police said Thursday night that a young girl reported missing earlier in the day near Pen Mar Road in Franklin County, Pa., and found around midmorning was taken from her home by an unknown person.

[...]

Police said Thursday night that an investigation determined that Gemma was taken from her home by an unknown person.

[...]

A state police news release said Gemma was found about 2 1/2 miles from where she was taken and was taken to Waynesboro (Pa.) Hospital for a medical evaluation.

“She was found to be in good health,” the release said.

Police: Missing girl found in Franklin County was abducted

5. Richrd

Richrd Five Year Member

Found Safe
    Pennsylvania
    Gemma Moats, 4
    Rouzerville, Franklin County
    24-25 April 2019

[​IMG]

Friday, 26 April: PA State Police

Franklin County:
    "Seeking Information
    Previously missing juvenile Gemma Moats has been safely returned home.
    PSP Chambersburg continues to investigate who
    took her from her home and dropped her off, approximately 2.5 miles away.
    …Contact PSP Chambersburg at 717-264-5161."​

[Message 6392
    Thread 439339]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  6. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I was quite surprised that she was found safe as I was suspecting an abduction or something else.

I'm relieved she was found alive and safe, but I hope the person who took her didn't hurt her in any way :-/

7. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

8. Legally Bland

It looks like the suspect has previous.

A Waynesboro man accused of abducting a 4-year-old girl and locking her in a wooden chest had previously been found to have indecently assaulted a child, according to court records obtained by the York Daily Record/Sunday News.

[​IMG]
    Thomas Dewald, 20, of Waynesboro. (Photo: Franklin County Jail)

In a petition of delinquency filed in Franklin County, Thomas Dewald, then 16, was alleged to have committed aggravated indecent assault of a child and indecent assault of a person less than 13. The case was filed on Jan. 28, 2015.

Few records are available in juvenile cases, and it's unclear what punishment he received. But court documents do indicate that the first charge was withdrawn and that Dewald was adjudicated delinquent of the other charge. Eventually, the case was listed as, "Termination of Supervision - Conditions Satisfied."

In Pennsylvania, minors aren't convicted of crimes. Instead, they're adjudicated delinquent.

Prior assault: Suspect in kidnapping of 4-year-old has juvenile record of indecent assault

9. Legally Bland

10. Legally Bland

Soon after 4-year-old Gemma Moats was found walking along a road close to where she was abducted from her bedroom, she "began blurting out details of her abduction," police reveal in newly released court documents.

[...]

There, police said in search warrants obtained by the Public Opinion, Gemma "continued to relate that 'Tom' barged into her room and took her." Gemma apparently was referring to

Gemma said her kidnapper put tape on her mouth, wrists and ankles. Investigators found tape residue around all those places.

Gemma told an interviewer "'Tom' did not want her and that she was placed inside of a 'toy box,'" according to search warrants. Gemma also said that "Tom" lived in a red brick house.

[...]

Dewald is scheduled to appear at a preliminary hearing on May 14.

Newly released documents reveal how 4-year-old Pa. kidnap victim described her abduction

Beagle, GarAndTeed, Dre and 1 other person like this.
  11. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

What a smart and brave little girl. I hope as she grows, she will forget this ever happened.

12. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

A Pennsylvania family is crediting their recently adopted 4-year-old rescue dog, Edgar, with helping to thwart an alleged child abduction attempt in their home on April 28.

Thom Lambert, 40, told FOX43 that Edgar, a Treeing Walker Coonhound, recently frightened a man police believe to be 20-year-old Thomas Dewald, away from their home in the middle of the night.

Dewald was accused of abducting another child three days earlier before allegedly stuffing her in a wooden trunk at his grandmother’s house before the girl escaped.

“It was like a growl-howl,” Lambert told FOX43 about the noise Edgar made that alerted the family to an intruder inside the home. “It was obvious he was really upset and as soon as I got him to quit barking, I heard sounds of someone going down the stairs.”

Lambert said he went downstairs to check on the noise on April 28 when he discovered that the kitchen window and door were open, Pennlive.comreports. He told the paper that he immediately ran back upstairs to check on his three young daughters, who were asleep in their beds, before calling 911.

“The dog started barking and woke up the homeowner and scared away Dewald. That dog potentially saved the little girls’ lives,” Pennsylvania State Trooper Megan Frazer tells PEOPLE. “The dog is a hero.”

“It is scary,” she adds.

Frazer says Dewald admitted to going inside the Lamberts’ home on April 28.

“When they interviewed Dewald, he admitted to picking out that house because he knew there were young children in there,” she says.

'Hero' Rescue Pup Credited with Saving 3 Children from Being Abducted in the Middle of the Night

I had thought the guy was arrested on April 26... but I guess he was not. That's terrifiying that AFTER the Gemma escaped, he tried it again within 72 hours!

Dre and Legally Bland like this.
  13. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

3 days after??? Terrifying! Only 20 years old and couldn’t seem to stop.. he needs to be kept away from children forever!

Legally Bland likes this.
  14. ValhallaWolves

ValhallaWolves Well-Known Member

What a wild story! Glad Gemma was safe. How terrifying for her and her family.

Have they released how she escaped? I wonder if grandma did investigate the noise after all... MOO.

Legally Bland and Dre like this.