PA - Her arm stuck in drop-off bin, woman freezes

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Mail:

Woman is found dead from hypothermia and dangling from
clothing donation drop-off bin after getting her arm stuck
in the shutter as she removed bags of clothes at 2am

• Judith Permar, 56, was dropping clothes off at a collection bin at 2am on Sunday
• Stool she was using to reach the opening collapsed and left her dangling by arm
• Permar was found dead at 8.30am and the coroner ruled her death an accident
• Autopsy reveals her arm and wrist were broken, and she died from hypothermia
• Chief said she was trying to extract bags from the bin, Hummer parked nearby
the rest, with pictures, at link

Why did she need to use a stool to reach into the bin? Isn't the opening of the bin only a foot or so from the ground? I double- checked the photo, which says..." Her arm got stuck in the bin (pictured above)". Optical illusion or wrong photo or ???

Yikes! I randomly have a mutual FB friend with this woman. I have to wonder why a woman who drives a Hummer made a practice of robbing clothing bins at 2AM. Was she mentally ill? Regardless, it's a very sad story! :(

This poor woman - what a miserable way to die.

I wonder why she was dropping the items off at 2 am.

Yikes! I randomly have a mutual FB friend with this woman. I have to wonder why a woman who drives a Hummer made a practice of robbing clothing bins at 2AM. Was she mentally ill? Regardless, it's a very sad story! :(

I'm not entirely sure but i read earlier that she was trying to dump the items but keep the bags - or that's the way I interpreted it.

From your link Bayou:

"The police had received reports in November of a woman with a black Hummer who was removing bags from the bin, he added."

WTH?

From your link Bayou:

"The police had received reports in November of a woman with a black Hummer who was removing bags from the bin, he added."

WTH?

I think 'taking' from donation drop-off bins is not uncommon, unfortunately. I use them often and I've seen many times someone rummaging through. Maybe some folks don't consider it stealing, idk.

The metal swing doors on the bins make it difficult to take anything out. I have to wonder if she got her hand caught way down inside in order to be dangling. It's a freak accident for sure.

Her obit says she leaves a husband. Did he work the graveyard shift or just a heavy sleeper?

Good grief. This is awful. I wonder if some of the Reality shows where people find "treasures" were part of her inspiration for doing this? What a terrible way to die.

Sympathies to her husband, children and grand children. What a stupid way to lose their loved one. MOO

Dumpster diving minus the discarded eggshells and cigarette butts.

Oh my god, what a horrific way to die. Do the doors on those things close quickly? I can't fully wrap my head around this.

Oh my god, what a horrific way to die. Do the doors on those things close quickly? I can't fully wrap my head around this.

Permar's left arm became stuck with her feet off the ground when the step stool she was standing on collapsed, he said. It was her step stool, he said.

Her injuries included a broken arm and wrist, the coroner said.

It is believed Permar, who was described as short, went to the drop off box about 2 a.m. Sunday, Kelley said. She was discovered about 8:30 a.m. and pronounced dead at the scene, he said.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/02/woman_dies_from_injuries_after.html

I thought she was donating! Anyway RIP Judith!

I have to wonder if maybe she dumped something then realized , she didn't mean to?

Having dropped off bags of clothes in the past the door is similar to the door at a bank when dropping in the envelope for a deposit. When you pull down the door it has a shelf that keeps what has been dropped in from being exposed, when you release the door the item/bag then drops inside the bin. When the container becomes fuller the bags are closer to the top and can probably be fished out. Once I stopped and the door would not open because it was full.jmo

This is the one in Natalie, same one in the DM article wfgodot posted.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.816...4!1s57g4XGVyIQll_gZ3dmZz5w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back