GUILTY PA - Holly Grim, 41, Wescosville, 22 Nov 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths FindTheWhy!

I'm going to move Holly's thread to the Discussion forum. I will leave a redirect so that it will be easy to find for a few days.

I'm a bit confused. Why would Holly's mom be driving Holly to work when Holly has her own vehicle? Did they work together, or was there a problem with Holly's vehicle?

If Holly's mom didn't go around to the home to drive Holly to work, why did she go to the house? Wouldn't she have expected Holly to have left for work? I'm just wondering here, if Holly's mom had any concerns about Holly, before she disappeared.

The overturned coffee cup and slightly open door almost give me the impression of staging you know. It would have been so easy for an abductor to pick up the cup and shut the door after him/her/them, and so not leave a clue that Holly had not left willingly.

ETA: Just to clarify, I am NOT suggesting Holly's mom did any staging. I don't think that at all.

Last seen outside her home around 6.30am. Do we know who saw her?

Is this the park where Holly lives? If so, I am wondering if she might have stopped off at that bank on the way back from dropping off her son, and someone followed her home. It would be good to know which home is Holly's, to really understand how she might have been taken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 166
I'm a bit confused. Why would Holly's mom be driving Holly to work when Holly has her own vehicle? Did they work together, or was there a problem with Holly's vehicle?

If Holly's mom didn't go around to the home to drive Holly to work, why did she go to the house? Wouldn't she have expected Holly to have left for work? I'm just wondering here, if Holly's mom had any concerns about Holly, before she disappeared.

The overturned coffee cup and slightly open door almost give me the impression of staging you know. It would have been so easy for an abductor to pick up the cup and shut the door after him/her/them, and so not leave a clue that Holly had not left willingly.

ETA: Just to clarify, I am NOT suggesting Holly's mom did any staging. I don't think that at all.

Holly and her mom live in the same mobile home park.
For many years, they drove to work together, as she and her mom worked at the same place.
Her mom recently retired, and sometimes still drives Holly to work.
I heard that her mom got worried that morning when she tried to call and Holly did not answer, as they still talked every morning, but apparently her mom did not actually intend to drive that day, so that is a clarification since the original post.
Holly and her mom are very, very close.

Is this the park where Holly lives? If so, I am wondering if she might have stopped off at that bank on the way back from dropping off her son, and someone followed her home. It would be good to know which home is Holly's, to really understand how she might have been taken.

Take a look at IHAVENOCLUE's map above (and FINDTHEWHY's). I believe Holly's home is off of Grange not Hamilton (about a two blocks to the NE of the park you pictured). Yes, I wonder if Holly stopped at the TD bank right there on the corner that morning?!

This is the park: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1100...ge+Rd,+Allentown,+Pennsylvania+18106&t=h&z=16

My suspicious:

From the timing, it seems someone knew her routine, and knew when she would be alone or out of the house.

Or maybe someone thought she left for work, and tried to sneak in and rob her, and she surprised them when she returned.

I hope they are checking the neighbors very carefully.

There are fields all around the park, with so many places to search. There is also a junk yard right next to the mobile home park, with a huge graveyard of junked cars.

There is a high school about 7 miles from Holly's home. Assuming that her son attends that school, I wonder where the bus stop is? Does it pick up on Hamilton?

Last seen outside her home around 6.30am. Do we know who saw her?
Her son is 16 and the story indicates that she walked him to his bus stop. Really strange since the window of opportunity is so small. I wonder what time her mother tried to call her.

This definitely seems like a targeted attack...I mean, if it was a robbery, why would they take her? Wouldn't they just tie her up or something and take what they could find? Why not take her car..and other belongings from the home?
Perhaps they broke in thinking she was gone and she returned while they were in the home....and maybe she knew them? So they had to take her?

Have the friends of her son been questioned? They would know her routine of her taking him to the bus stop, most likely.

Her son is 16 and the story indicates that she walked him to his bus stop. Really strange since the window of opportunity is so small. I wonder what time her mother tried to call her.
I think it's odd that she would walk a 16 year old to the bus stop every day?

This is the park: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1100...ge+Rd,+Allentown,+Pennsylvania+18106&t=h&z=16

My suspicious:

From the timing, it seems someone knew her routine, and knew when she would be alone or out of the house.

Or maybe someone thought she left for work, and tried to sneak in and rob her, and she surprised them when she returned.

I hope they are checking the neighbors very carefully.

There are fields all around the park, with so many places to search. There is also a junk yard right next to the mobile home park, with a huge graveyard of junked cars.

I'm seeing that it's the large home park off Grange RD. If Holly's been taken away, I don't see how that could have been done with anything but a vehicle.

There seem to be two ways vehicles can access the park; from Grange rd and from Reppert Lane. From an abductor's point of view, I'd say Reppert lane was much more favorable - just that huge junk yard on one side, so not many people likely to be around early in the morning.

But still, this would have to be one really reckless abductor to kidnap a woman on a weekday morning, with those homes being so close together, and no fences or anything between. And being a small, enclosed community where a strange vehicle might be noticed.

Another possibility; There seems to be a big, empty lot off Hamilton Blvd. IF Holly's home was near the trees and bushes that border that lot, I can maybe see someone parking up in the lot, sneaking through the bushes into Holly's home and then forcing her to walk back there with them. Then maybe getting onto the 222 highway and getting far away.

To be honest though, looking at where and when and how it seems Holly disappeared, I can't help feeling someone who lives real close is more likely to be involved. I think this is one of the cases where SAR dogs could be really, really useful. I hope they have been used. Tracker and cadaver. Because a dog looking for a live person might not be any help at all if that person is deceased. I know that's horrible, but it's even worse to wait too long and then wish it had been done before. There will be a volunteer team who can help if LE aren't able to, I'm sure.

Has the home been forensically searched as though it is a crime scene? And is it sealed now? Have her accounts/cards been checked for any activity?

I'm seeing that it's the large home park off Grange RD. If Holly's been taken away, I don't see how that could have been done with anything but a vehicle.

There seem to be two ways vehicles can access the park; from Grange rd and from Reppert Lane. From an abductor's point of view, I'd say Reppert lane was much more favorable - just that huge junk yard on one side, so not many people likely to be around early in the morning.

But still, this would have to be one really reckless abductor to kidnap a woman on a weekday morning, with those homes being so close together, and no fences or anything between. And being a small, enclosed community where a strange vehicle might be noticed.

Another possibility; There seems to be a big, empty lot off Hamilton Blvd. IF Holly's home was near the trees and bushes that border that lot, I can maybe see someone parking up in the lot, sneaking through the bushes into Holly's home and then forcing her to walk back there with them. Then maybe getting onto the 222 highway and getting far away.

To be honest though, looking at where and when and how it seems Holly disappeared, I can't help feeling someone who lives real close is more likely to be involved. I think this is one of the cases where SAR dogs could be really, really useful. I hope they have been used. Tracker and cadaver. Because a dog looking for a live person might not be any help at all if that person is deceased. I know that's horrible, but it's even worse to wait too long and then wish it had been done before. There will be a volunteer team who can help if LE aren't able to, I'm sure.

Has the home been forensically searched as though it is a crime scene? And is it sealed now? Have her accounts/cards been checked for any activity?

Impressive observations, Z. You would think her home HAS to be on the fringe of the mobile home park for the perp not to be detected. This is so sad.

I have a feeling I might know this family from the 1970's 1980's. If she from the family I am thinking about, she looks like her grandmother. (My ex-husband was friends with her uncle.) Haven't seen anybody in the family in about 30 years, but there is such a strong family resemblance.

This does not sound good.

A friend of mine lives within a mile of her home, so I am a bit familiar with the area. It is very much a community where nobody is around during the day. Everybody works and the neighborhoods are basically deserted all day long. When visiting I found it kind of eery that all these houses were packed close together, but there were no people.

Good observations and questions.

They did have search dogs at the home on Saturday 11/23 . But, I'm not sure what the results were. There were people searching the fields, and helicopters searching from overhead.

Since this was the day after she disappeared, it shows they are taking it seriously. Police were investigating on Friday already. If they do not suspect foul-play, I think they usually wait longer.

Jeanette Grim said she and her daughter talk on the phone every morning. She knew something was wrong when her daughter didn't call that day. "We call each other every morning," Jeanette Grim said.

When Holly didn't answer her phone call, Jeanette went over to her daughter's house, but no one answered. When Jeanette went inside, she noticed a few clues that lead her to believe her daughter was taken against her will. "Anyone who smokes knows you would take your cigarettes, you wouldn't leave them....and her glasses were on the floor, she always wore them. No one leaves their glasses on the floor," Jeanette Grim said.

Neighbors said they noticed the back door of Holly Grim's mobile home was left open. They said Grim never opened or closed that door, which leads them to believe something suspicious occurred.

Family members and neighbors said Holly Grim would not leave her house without contacting her 16-year-old son. "She's a simple, loving girl...and she would always came home to her son. She loved doing that," Grim said.

Family members also said Grim left without saying a word to her boyfriend, Dwayne Mory. Mory and Grim started dating more than four years ago. "It's been terrible. I want my Holly back," Mory said.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regio...oken/-/132502/23230778/-/ctwqu1z/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member