PA PA - Jamie Peterson, 30, Ross, 26 Sept 2011

Welcome to Websleuths mollydriver!! Awesome to have you here!

When she left last time, how long was she gone and do they know where she went?

When is she supposed to go back to work? Next dr appt? has her banking been active?

I have such great respect for the people who do these kinds of searches on a regular basis. Just got home - I'm exhausted.

Nothing to really report other than the turn-out was much larger than I expected. I can probably safely estimate that anywhere from 75-100 people showed up. It was great to see so many people like myself - unrelated to the family, just wanting to help - turn out for this family.

I had a chance to meet and talk with Jim Peterson. What a nice guy, heart just breaks for him. It was good to shake his hand and offer our support - left my name and phone number with him so that he could call if needed for any additional searches.

I don't know what, if anything was found, other than a pair of glasses (not sunglasses) and a flip-flop. Unfortunately, the group I was with was unable to turn up anything - but maybe that's a good thing.

I have such great respect for the people who do these kinds of searches on a regular basis. Just got home - I'm exhausted.

Nothing to really report other than the turn-out was much larger than I expected. I can probably safely estimate that anywhere from 75-100 people showed up. It was great to see so many people like myself - unrelated to the family, just wanting to help - turn out for this family.

I had a chance to meet and talk with Jim Peterson. What a nice guy, heart just breaks for him. It was good to shake his hand and offer our support - left my name and phone number with him so that he could call if needed for any additional searches.

I don't know what, if anything was found, other than a pair of glasses (not sunglasses) and a flip-flop. Unfortunately, the group I was with was unable to turn up anything - but maybe that's a good thing.

I have the utmost respect for you as well, you have become one of those people!

After you're rested, maybe you could tell me or find out if the glasses that were found had those dots on them like described? If nothing else, the father can put that area to rest that she is not there. Thanks for keeping us posted.

I have the utmost respect for you as well, you have become one of those people!

After you're rested, maybe you could tell me or find out if the glasses that were found had those dots on them like described? If nothing else, the father can put that area to rest that she is not there. Thanks for keeping us posted.

The glasses that I saw (they were bagged & in the possession of Jim Peterson) were not as described by various media. They were metallic-rimmed (gold, I believe, possibly silver) w/clear lenses - no hint of a design or any black/pinkish color that I could see. They seemed to be your run-of-the-mill basic wire-rimmed glasses. =/

Thank you, mollydriver- and welcome!
The last article you noted mentioned searchers were looking for 'a purple Cricket phone case.'

Does that mean a case minus the phone? Or just that the phone was typically in that case, and it is missing as well as her phone? Do we know what type of phone she owns? And what kind of plan she was on? Cricket is somewhat unusual in it's trace/untrace ability, using pings.

Does anyone know if she has wireless broadband?

Thank you, mollydriver- and welcome!
The last article you noted mentioned searchers were looking for 'a purple Cricket phone case.'

Does that mean a case minus the phone? Or just that the phone was typically in that case, and it is missing as well as her phone? Do we know what type of phone she owns? And what kind of plan she was on? Cricket is somewhat unusual in it's trace/untrace ability, using pings.

Does anyone know if she has wireless broadband?

From what we were told yesterday, we were looking for the phone, also. I got the impression that her and her daughter have the same phone, the Cricket MSGM8-II, as she held it up for volunteers to see. That particular phone has web capabilities depending on the plan you're on. Hope the pic works.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 39
From what we were told yesterday, we were looking for the phone, also. I got the impression that her and her daughter have the same phone, the Cricket MSGM8-II, as she held it up for volunteers to see. That particular phone has web capabilities depending on the plan you're on. Hope the pic works.

Helps much- thank you missadrienne. :)

Now we've got a whole new bunch of possible info to work from.

I'm not done reading through everything on this myself, so maybe someone can tell me - If she was supposed to pick up the boys from school but never showed up, but they came home and found her missing, how did they get home?

This is probably irrelevant but I'm curious.

I would think the ex-boyfriend may have some answers.I wonder how he felt after she ended the five year relationship? He was seen that day talking to her in the yard and maybe he just came back very upset....

Bumping for Jamie.

Insomnia Momma - Any news of more planned searches? Local news has been quiet about this case.

Bumping for Jamie!

I feel so much for her children!

I feel so bad that this case seems to be completely off the radar in the media. Bumping for Jamie and her children.

Ugh....another unsolved horrific crime in Pittsburgh.

When is the next search going to be for Jamie?

Why is there so little about her disappearance in the media? She has only been missing for less than one month! What does anyone know about her ex-boyfriend (with whom she supposedly didn't get in the car)?

“Right now, as far as I’m concerned, there’s a lot of things that remain unanswered by them. I’ve asked them questions and they’re not telling me anything,” said Jim Peterson, Jamie’s father. “I really do feel that they should bring in more help on it.” He says he has asked state police to get involved in the search, but they say they won’t intervene unless Ross Township police ask for their assistance.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/10/08/search-resumes-for-missing-ross-twp-mom/

How does one encourage local reporters to take an interest in a missing person case specifically to push Ross Township Police to ask for help?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back