GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

The reality is unless he tells everything and then LE tells the public, we'll never know exactly why he did this, what he was thinking, how he planned it, when he planned it, what he did, when he did it, down to the minute. And even if he does tell, that doesn't mean what he's told is entirely the truth. There's no way to know it all and I'm sure Jessica's family is trying to make sense of it themselves.

Crimes like these don't make sense. Not to rational, sane, healthy people. You can try and contort your mind into a pretzel and still never understand because it's incomprehensible. It only makes sense to the killer, and maybe not even totally to them either, at times.

Dozens of scenarios can be imagined and correlations can be made to other killers or someone's cousin's brother-in-law who is also a hunter, and every one of the scenarios and correlations could be wrong. There's only one truth, and only GG knows the entire truth. LE knows at least some of it but they're not going to disclose more than they feel they need to.

The important thing is she was found, the right person is in jail and will never be free again, and no other female will ever be a victim of his in the future. He's toast.

From what I've read LE did speak to the garage he said he was taking his truck to, and they confirmed there was no appointment that day. He lied, plain and simple. MOO.

I have yet to read that LE confirmed there was no appt. do you happen to have a link for this. I haven't been on much and must have missed it.

I have yet to read that LE confirmed there was no appt. do you happen to have a link for this. I haven't been on much and must have missed it.

Here is an article that states it:

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1

Police learned Graf had left his truck nearby earlier that morning, telling an employee it needed to be serviced at an area garage, Morganelli said. Additional video surveillance showed the truck driving away within 30 seconds to a minute after Padgett's car was abandoned, Morganelli said.

Workers at Harhart's Service Station told investigators that Graf never contacted them about doing work on his vehicle, Morganelli said. Authorities are investigating whether that could be evidence of a plan on Graf's part.

"We're still trying to develop that information as to whether this might be some evidence of premeditation, or whether he had good intentions to drop his truck off," Morganelli said.

There is a back story here with respect to the relationship between Jessica and her stepfather that we are not privy to and it may be sexual and may not be sexual, but a story is there for sure.

As for the hunting photos etc., I know many people who hunt and post their pictures. I hunt and I hate it when I see pictures of people posing their animals but they do it all the time. It's really not uncommon. As for the primate picture, I could not find it however that I find extremely unsettling. I don't believe that because he's a hunter he graduated to murdering a human. I don't buy that assumption at all.

This murder is not about a hunter getting the taste for human blood. It's about a sick "fantasy" that a bad person needed to carry out for his own pleasure, or protection.

LE found marijuana on his property, and not just for personal use, so it appears that there was some drug dealing going on. Possibly this was a factor in Jessica's murder.

Also in the same article, it mentioned that Graf had been married to Jessica's mother since 1997. I know some here had been curious how long they had been married.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/nor...rder-stepfather-marijuana-20141128-story.html

Just a thought...

Isn't being shot in the back of the head referred to as "executioner style"?

I think of drug cartels/dealers using this method for kiliing people...

I wonder if there is some connection here?

:dunno:

I agree and once again as stated before, I said I believe Greg Graf is a sick individual and that he maybe had a fantasy to one day kill a human not that it was because he was a hunter, honestly I think he thought he'd get away with it but once Police got suspicious he knew it was over and he had to give himself away I think he would've moved her body somewhere or did something with it if the police weren't suspicious of him cause since they did become suspicious they probably were around ALOT of the time those few days before he confessed

I noticed Jessica's mom dropped her married name on FB. So sad so many lives have been messed up.

Sparky, Thats so true..it's so tragic and sad I did notice that Jessica's mother has her maiden name on her fb but I wasn't sure was it under graf before? So sad..like I said for this poor family it isn't like they lost one family member for them they are losing two family members because for the obvious reasons they wont want anything to do with Greg so they lose him too :( So sad I feel so bad for Jessica's kids tho I wish Greg would have to be the one to tell them what happened and how he took their mommy away and be the one to see their little faces when they realize they wont ever see their mother again :( So heart breaking

I'm trying to catch up but can someone point me to a link telling the time Jessica left the daycare? tia

I see Dion's link is more info released today about marijuana being found on the property and that would be a different issue to be reviewed but I knew it, I saw they had a private pond for bass at the Florida house and I didn't think their business was that lucrative, that in itself opens up a whole other thing for whoever is involved in that so I imagine there's a few nervous people there.
They also still say everything happened so quickly which is so puzzling, what the heck happened

Here is an article that states it:

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1

Police learned Graf had left his truck nearby earlier that morning, telling an employee it needed to be serviced at an area garage, Morganelli said. Additional video surveillance showed the truck driving away within 30 seconds to a minute after Padgett's car was abandoned, Morganelli said.

Workers at Harhart's Service Station told investigators that Graf never contacted them about doing work on his vehicle, Morganelli said. Authorities are investigating whether that could be evidence of a plan on Graf's part.

"We're still trying to develop that information as to whether this might be some evidence of premeditation, or whether he had good intentions to drop his truck off," Morganelli said.

Thanks. I didnt ask my question clearly. LE ends with saying they don't know if this is premeditation or if he intended to drop his car off. That is what I was trying to ask, was it determined that the whole car thing was a cover and therefore premeditation and this article is very clear that it is unknown.

Did anyone hear the marijuna was found in the basement during search warrant and was a lot along with
a lot of cash, they say it's not related to what happened but I keep thinking maybe it is, that house is on 7 acres

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/nor...rder-stepfather-marijuana-20141128-story.html

well, well, well...and here it is, another side of the coin. One stone unturned albeit of many.
Upon reading this, I thought maybe he was high, but the DA stresses he knowingly and intentionally killed her. DA also commenting the drugs do not seem to play a role in her death. DA also says there is no evidence to suggest nothing other than a parental/child relationship. (seems like the reporters have the same questions and observations (display of exotic animal killings) we have, nice work!).

So if we take this as truth, and take out all we have been discussing, what are we looking at? A crime of emotion? Pure hatred for her. Assault is a crime of power not sex. Or could it be that he found out she was stealing something from him? Or was he mentally struggling? Maybe late schizophrenia, severe depression, damage from continued drug use? Still not adding up. IMO still many stones unturned.

Did anyone hear the marijuna was found in the basement during search warrant and was a lot along with
a lot of cash, they say it's not related to what happened but I keep thinking maybe it is, that house is on 7 acres

I cannot possibly believe that Jessica's mother was ignorant about the drug business being carried out from her own home. This is quite sad as a fund has been set up to help provide for the children; if it gets released that the Graf's had a large stash of hidden, unreported cash, the public sympathy and donations may come to a very abrupt halt. Also, they are most likely going to confiscate Graf's property, savings, homes, etc etc to cover his defense fund. I'm also wondering if Jessica's mother may not face charges herself; even if she didn't actively participate in the drug business being run from her own home, she most likely was aware and enjoyed living off of the proceeds from it. I'm not saying this is the case here, by any means, but some people's own selfishness and personal greed will hinder their ability to think of consequences on others, their desire to live "the good life" is so strong. A very somber lesson about using common sense when choosing a life partner for yourself. When you have children and grandchildren, dating, then marrying a criminal, one who has been in jail and has had charges against them *multiple* times, one who has a history of drug dealing, well, as the saying goes "a leopard doesn't change his spots". It's all just so terribly sad. Jessica and her husband and children sure didn't deserve to be the victims of someone else's issues. This sounds incredibly harsh and I don't mean it to be. I think so much more info needs to come out yet to really get the full scope.

I did hear a very positive thing regarding this case. A good friend of mine works for an agency that provides social services to children. Jessica's mother in law works with my friend. My friend states what a caring woman the MIL is. The MIL works for an organization that provides councelling, therapy, support groups, after school programs, summer programs, etc etc for children. While I don't believe Jessica's children will ever be "ok" after this, they do have a really loving dad and a caring, loving support network from the paternal grandparents. They will have access to the help they will need as they struggle through their grief.

What were his other previous charges that didn't seem all that important a few days ago? Drug possession with the intent to deliver and Theft. He spent months in prison for a 1995 conviction. Ah, I think I'm starting to make some sense for myself with this. He was living the high life now and certainly was not going to go back to jail. Over his dead body or any one else's, was he going back to prison. So is it that she was a threat somehow to that?

But why make sure he already had his truck in the location he needed it to be in, near the Dollar Store where he dropped her car? Unless of course he actually DID have an appointment to get his truck repaired, and it is false information that he didn't.
I wonder if there were conversations between stepfather and step daughter the day of or before the murder happened.... Maybe he asked her to drop something off at the house..that he would be out of town(truck not in driveway) and he had it all planned for a reason we don't know. iMO

I cannot possibly believe that Jessica's mother was ignorant about the drug business being carried out from her own home.

It's entirely possible and does happen. I have relatives that had their adult son living with them for a while on their farm. They were shocked and furious when the police showed up with a search warrant after he was arrested and charged with possession with the intent to distribute. Way, way, way out at the back of the farm behind all the brush, had a massive grow op going. They'd lived there for umpteen years and had NO clue. They were never charged with anything, but he certainly was.

It's also entirely possible Jessica's mom was under the impression the financial situation was due entirely to the fencing business. All purely speculation, of course.

The reality is unless he tells everything and then LE tells the public, we'll never know exactly why he did this, what he was thinking, how he planned it, when he planned it, what he did, when he did it, down to the minute. And even if he does tell, that doesn't mean what he's told is entirely the truth. There's no way to know it all and I'm sure Jessica's family is trying to make sense of it themselves.

Crimes like these don't make sense. Not to rational, sane, healthy people. You can try and contort your mind into a pretzel and still never understand because it's incomprehensible. It only makes sense to the killer, and maybe not even totally to them either, at times.

Dozens of scenarios can be imagined and correlations can be made to other killers or someone's cousin's brother-in-law who is also a hunter, and every one of the scenarios and correlations could be wrong. There's only one truth, and only GG knows the entire truth. LE knows at least some of it but they're not going to disclose more than they feel they need to.

The important thing is she was found, the right person is in jail and will never be free again, and no other female will ever be a victim of his in the future. He's toast.

The thanks button wasn't enough. Well said. Unless we, ourselves, have minds that work like these killers, it is impossible to wrap our own mind around to gain some semblance of understanding. JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What were his other previous charges that didn't seem all that important a few days ago? Drug possession with the intent to deliver and Theft. He spent months in prison for a 1995 conviction. Ah, I think I'm starting to make some sense for myself with this. He was living the high life now and certainly was not going to go back to jail. Over his dead body or any one else's, was he going back to prison. So is it that she was a threat somehow to that?

One scenario that occurs to me when you say this is......well, what if Jessica found out about the drug stuff and wanted OUT of the business? What if he viewed her knowledge of his activities and possible noncompliance a threat to himself? If he got discovered running a drug business at the very place she was employed, that could seriously damage her reputation and career, one which focuses on very young children. And possibly it could cause issues with things like custody of her own children. Maybe she wanted no part of this, and Graf feared she'd report it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back