GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nor...sf/2015/01/allen_township_man_accused_of.html

Jessica's mother has filed for divorce. Seems GG was shady with "their" money too. Such an awful shame. sigh

I had to give this some thought. He's been in custody since end of November so WHO withdrew $$ on his behalf?

"Following his arrest, the Grafs agreed that any withdraws he made from their assets would have to be approved by both of them, according to court documents. Danelle Graf discovered that her husband withdrew $60,000 on Dec. 22 without any prior notice, according to court documents"

bbm: he's in jail so who took out the $$ ??

I had to give this some thought. He's been in custody since end of November so WHO withdrew $$ on his behalf?

"Following his arrest, the Grafs agreed that any withdraws he made from their assets would have to be approved by both of them, according to court documents. Danelle Graf discovered that her husband withdrew $60,000 on Dec. 22 without any prior notice, according to court documents"

bbm: he's in jail so who took out the $$ ??

All he had to do, is give his atty access to his online banking info. Boom. Done.

I feel badly for his wife. This is going to probably take years to work out. And if the Padgett family decides to file a wrongful death lawsuit, it'll be even longer. Also, there's the drug business investigation, and I'm wondering if funds are going to be confiscated because it is deemed they were obtained through illegal drug sales from the home.

It angers me somewhat that Jessica's husband and children had to have a go fund me account started just to help with funeral costs and Christmas....the kindness of strangers donating and helping this family cope. And this has $60K just laying around. Unbelievable.

A preliminary hearing is held to determine if there is sufficient evidence for the case to proceed. It is also a chance to hear what evidence the prosecution has and possibly information to poke holes in the prosecutor's case . Most lawyers do not suggest giving up this right. I wonder why GG and his lawyer decided to do this? There is definitely probably cause, that's a given but they lost a chance to hear from witnesses, and the evidence that will be presented should he plead not guilty. I do not pretend to understand the law 100% but I'm wondering if waiving his prelim is an indicator he will in fact plead guilty down the road?

His lawyer has stated that he believes his client had a mental breakdown. He's going to play the insanity card. Guilty by reason of insanity?

Gregory Robert Graf, White / Male / 53 Years Old

Day 71
since Jessica Padgett's 11/21/14 Death.

Fri., Jan. 30th: Allentown Morning Call: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...pfather-greg-graf-hearing-20150130-story.html :

Includes Brief Video from District Attorney

Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail Since 11/26/14.

18 § 2501 §§ A (F1) :: Criminal Homicide

18 § 5510 (M2) :: Abuse Of Corpse

Grades of PA Crimes:

H1 = Heinous of 1st Degree; H2
F1 = Felony of 1st Degree; F2; F3
M1 = Misdemeanor of 1st Degree; M2; M3
S = Summary

Historically, Most PA Charges Like These Are Closed-Out in Lower, Magisterial District Court,
then Advanced & Merged, with a New Docket Number, to Upper Courts of Common Pleas.

{ A when-issued Upper Court Docket Number should resemble: CP-48-CR-0000____-2015 }

Our Thanks To All Of Jessica's Tireless, On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.

His lawyer has stated that he believes his client had a mental breakdown. He's going to play the insanity card. Guilty by reason of insanity?

He'll never be able to get away with this by saying he was insane. He planned it out in advance, he murdered her at point blank range, execution style, and then videotaped himself sexually assaulting her corpse. From multiple angles, IIRC. This was a fantasy kill he'd been thinking about for a long time.

^ Completely agree, however sometimes the way the law is written benefits the defendant and a jury is left with little choice. I'm curious, going to read up on mental health defenses. Also, we don't know everything. He could have been on medication, had prior episodes etc...

^ Completely agree, however sometimes the way the law is written benefits the defendant and a jury is left with little choice. I'm curious, going to read up on mental health defenses. Also, we don't know everything. He could have been on medication, had prior episodes etc...

I'm going to be right here in my little world called Denial. I don't want to consider there is any feasible defense for this freak.

I don't understand why there would even be a trial? I guess only to argue a mental health defense? If he pleads guilty by reason of insanity there would still have to be hearings to determine that. Long road ahead.

Gregory Robert Graf, White / Male / 53 Years Old

Day 79 since Jessica Padgett's 11/21/14 Death.

Your Two-Click Source* Of Upper Court:

ChargeS --- No Bail --- Pre-Trial Confinement --- MotionS --- Scheduled Court DateS ---

Verdicts --- Sentencing --- Payments --- Follow-Up --- Appeals

*Upper Court Criminal Docket SheetS:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-48-CR-0000305-2015

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-48-CR-0000304-2015
:

18 § 2501 §§ A (F1) :: Criminal Homicide

18 § 5510 (M2) :: Abuse Of Corpse

Grades of PA Crimes:
H1 = Heinous of 1st Degree; H2
F1 = Felony of 1st Degree; F2; F3
M1 = Misdemeanor of 1st Degree; M2; M3
S = Summary

Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail Since 11/26/14.

Our Thanks To All Of Jessica's Tireless,
On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.

Formal arraignment scheduled 4/2/2015. The formal arraignment is the day your case is transferred from the lower magistrate/district court to the trial level court, the Court of Common Pleas. At the formal arraignment you are advised of certain rights and asked to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty.

He hasn't plead guilty. Heartgoesout is saying she wants the perp to plead guilty. She's saying it as if she's talking directly to the perp or his lawyer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back