Found Deceased PA - John Kohlbecker, 27, Philadelphia, 11 February 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MamaJoJo, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Mollyandme

Mollyandme Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this and I think it's an excellent thought. im sorry you are going through this. The not knowing must be unimaginable. I will do some googling and see if I can find anything about the area his car was found that might match what you described. There have been many cases (some on this website) where people have wandered from there car and gotten lost, it's really sad.

2. Mollyandme

I know I don't know you but I'm really sorry you are going through this, sincerely. You are so right that we don't intentionally lose touch with people, it just kinda happens as we get older, have adult responsibilities, etc. By your posts on here it's clear you are a wonderful person and friend and John is lucky to have you advocating for him.

3. DontTakeMyFarm

DontTakeMyFarm New Member

I just wish he could see who all is worried about him. Besides his close family and friends. Then maybe, if it was his choice to take a brake from his life for a while, he would just go home.

4. Mollyandme

Excellent point about the tail light. If he was selling car (which is just one possibility, prob unlikely but it's possible) maybe he just got an oil change and car wash at that place across from the huge cvs/wawa? Still they prob would have said something about the taillight to at least up sell him into getting it fixed. There is a train from Bridgeton back to philly via NJ transit but it's prob far fetched. I'm literally just throwing things out there at this point.

The thing I seriously do wonder about is if there's mental health issues involved. I know in a previous post you said he may have had ADHD when younger but many people are diagnosed with other mental illnesses in the early 20's, and lots of times families and the individual keep it to themselves. If this were the case I'm sure the detectives handling the case have been made aware of this by the family and could be why the disappearance alert details listed the severity as: severe-significant threat to life or property and the urgency as: immediate-responsive action should be taken immediately.

I'm not an expert on how New Jersey decides to classify missing persons cases, but I think it could be one explanation as to why they are being somewhat quiet or not releasing more info.

5. DontTakeMyFarm

[​IMG]
    Just found this posted as of 11 hours ago. Look at the bottom left hand of the picture. Supposedly John spotted in the store. What do you Think?

Attached Files:

6. MamaJoJo

MamaJoJo Where did you go?

:welcome: DontTakeMyFarm

It is unnerving that there has been no new information nor, from what I can tell, family sharing info on SM. What that means exactly, I haven't a clue. I hope he hasn't committed suicide but, if he did, I would love to know that LE is searching for him somewhere near where his car was found.

Scarlett, you touch on something that I believe a lot of us feel from time to time. Losing touch with people who, at the time, were so important is common as we grow older. It takes an event like John going missing to make us reflect on our relationships and maybe allows us to reach out to those that we have lost touch with, if only just to say "hey".

Where are you, John?

7. TMAN2014

TMAN2014 Well-Known Member

OK, I am also familiar with the Roxborough/Manayunk area. I had friends live in the area near Green Lane, and also the Andora area, and went to a couple of the bike races.

Maybe he broke his tail light after he had it serviced. And you know, theoretically, he could have gone to Bridgeton, left, and then went back to NJ, and not stayed there all day. I just thought of that possibility.

8. ScarletSnake44

ScarletSnake44 New Member

When did they time stamp the bottom left photo? Did they time stamp it? Honest it's hard to tell, this could be from shopright? Was he seen past the 11th?
    *edit* just shooting of questions not expecting you to know the answers*

9. Mollyandme

I didn't see any reports of sightings after the 11th, I think the next thing was his car being found. Maybe there are other reports of him in the area on 2/12 that haven't been substantiated or confirmed? Or possibly cell phone records that would put him in the area around 2/12?

10. Mollyandme

I did a little research and found a link that has reviews and pictures of people who have gone to the Wharton State Forest, but when I tried to get specific on the green bank state forest station near where his car was found I didn't find as much. Maybe looking through this site, reviews, etc might give you an idea. Apparently there are good hiking trails according to some reviews but you might see something that stands out to you. Here's the link: https://www.google.com/search?sclie...blet-gws..1.15.1386.eomSfbJyU6E#istate=kp:xpd

11. DontTakeMyFarm

I didn't see a time stamp on the photo and this is honestly the only picture of this I've seen. I tried searching for more but this was the only one. The face is too blurry and though the hat he is wearing looks like johns style I've never seen him with such long hair before.

12. DontTakeMyFarm

Thanks, I'll check out the link and see.

13. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

Headlights burn out with the cold weather.

14. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what time his car was found? Morning? Afternoon?

I'm upset that he is not in NamUs yet.

15. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

I think this is the source of the pic posted upthread (the poster): https://www.facebook.com/sarfastpag...41828.220921078061197/606427462843888/?type=3
    Don't see a timestamp.

16. Mollyandme

I just read the link i posted in more detail and there weren't as many reviews as I thought but a decent amount of pictures. I will try to find some better info on the specific area his car was found.

17. Mollyandme

Based on your location I was just there picking up a bridesmaid dress a few hours ago..small world.

I guess my main question would be, why would he go to that area in jersey? What was there that caused him to go to that area. Family or friends there? Maybe a past camping trip in the area of where his car was found and he just wanted to get away? Hopefully his family and LE already know the answer to this.

If not one of the above, I would think there was some type of business transaction he chose to go there for (maybe the car or something else he could have been selling or buying from someone on Craigslist or some other website for example) and something went wrong. My husband is in law enforcement and is originally from jersey. i asked him about the area and he said its become flooded with drugs and gangs over the years which concerns me.

18. ScarletSnake44

ScarletSnake44 New Member

" didn't see a time stamp on the photo and this is honestly the only picture of this I've seen. I tried searching for more but this was the only one. The face is too blurry and though the hat he is wearing looks like johns style I've never seen him with such long hair before."

I don't think John let his hair get that long and it didn't look that long when I last talked to him, but maybe the hat was pushing it down, not sure.

19. MamaJoJo

MamaJoJo Where did you go?

It hasn't been published in MSM but rumor has it that it was found around 4:30pm on 2/14.

20. TMAN2014

TMAN2014 Well-Known Member

Woodstown nearby does some cowboy-like events, but not in Febuary, in the summer.

I live 15 minutes across the bridge from that area of NJ, but I never go over there. Why would John from Manayunk????

I doubt camping. Too cold.