Found Deceased PA - Joseph 'Joey' Ressler, 24, West Hempfield, 26 March 2016

My sincerest sympathy with Joey's family and friends. RIP Joey

My deepest condolences, MyJoey. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that he knew he had your love and support without condition. Rest easy, Joey. Peace to you and all who love you.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to offer my sympathy to My Joey and the rest of Joey's family and friends. Addiction does horrible things to both the addict and their loved ones. Far too many in our society have learned this the hard way. Please know My Joey that you are not alone in your sorrow!

MyJoey, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

5713198a57e19.image.jpg

http://lancasteronline.com/obituari...cle_813d5a5e-9097-5b49-828f-6eedcc7e2ac5.html

Rest easy now Joey :rose:

Heartbreaking.

My condolences and prayers to all who love Joey.

I just want to say thank you to everyone. We are just shattered and although we knew in our hearts Joey was done fighting, we just hoped so much to save him one more time.... If only we had one more time. So many questions and things that just don't add up but one thing for sure he is not coming home. I can't believe he survived out there all them days, it was cold. How could he have only been dead 2 days. We didn't get to view his body because it was to far advanced. I told the funeral director yesterday I'm not leaving till I say goodbye to my son. After he described the condition of the body, I still had to say goodbye he's my son. So they wrapped him in plastic and covered him with a sheet. That's how I said goodbye to my son. Hearing his father scream over his body is something I will never forget. The way his body was found don't make sense. He still had money on him, he still had drugs on him. He had no clothes on from his waist up, I don't get that it's been cold. He bought no burn phone. How could he have only been there 2 days. That mean I could have maybe found him, I'm not beating my self up because I know even if I saved him again....Joey was done fighting he had enough. His friends have been posting some awesome pictures on his face book and stories. He was so much more then his addiction. I know things will get better and I have strong faith in seeing him again one day, but I will sure miss him every day till that time comes.

I just want to say thank you to everyone. We are just shattered and although we knew in our hearts Joey was done fighting, we just hoped so much to save him one more time.... If only we had one more time. So many questions and things that just don't add up but one thing for sure he is not coming home. I can't believe he survived out there all them days, it was cold. How could he have only been dead 2 days. We didn't get to view his body because it was to far advanced. I told the funeral director yesterday I'm not leaving till I say goodbye to my son. After he described the condition of the body, I still had to say goodbye he's my son. So they wrapped him in plastic and covered him with a sheet. That's how I said goodbye to my son. Hearing his father scream over his body is something I will never forget. The way his body was found don't make sense. He still had money on him, he still had drugs on him. He had no clothes on from his waist up, I don't get that it's been cold. He bought no burn phone. How could he have only been there 2 days. That mean I could have maybe found him, I'm not beating my self up because I know even if I saved him again....Joey was done fighting he had enough. His friends have been posting some awesome pictures on his face book and stories. He was so much more then his addiction. I know things will get better and I have strong faith in seeing him again one day, but I will sure miss him every day till that time comes.

We were all so very sorry for your loss and I pray that you can find peace and comfort. If you have any additional information you want to share we are here for you.

So sorry for your loss, myjoey.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

We were all so very sorry for your loss and I pray that you can find peace and comfort. If you have any additional information you want to share we are here for you.

Thank you. Oh I want to share but don't want to mess up any investigation. This isn't really a sleuthing thing its drug related and I dont know the players this time.

He had no clothes on from his waist up, I don't get that it's been cold.

First of all, I wish I could give you a big squeezy hug. Addiction is from the devil, and it is destroying our world. People who don't see it every day don't understand.

Second, to address the snipped quote - apparently when people become hypothermic, they sometimes remove clothes. I have read about it but I don't recall the reason why at the moment. If it's been cold, maybe that's why his shirt was gone.

I wish there was something I could say that would ease your pain. The best I can offer is that I truly believe Joey is at peace, free of the demons that haunted him.

I think you mentioned a Facebook group you're part of - what is the name of that group? I'd be interested in it. I'm an RN and I've worked in addictions treatment and correctional settings since 2007, so I'm always looking for more info.

((((((HUGGGGGGSSSSSS)))))))

Hope it's ok to post the name here on Facebook it's called "I Hate Heroin" Joeys face book is just under his name Joey Ressler but it's just his stuff, pictures and friends posting. I hate not knowing we're he was or what he was doing.
I have read that about hypothermia. He was found with his shoes 5-7 feet away neatly placed and his T-shirt about 20 feet away. Also a sweatshirt was found that wasn't his but he must have been wearing at one time. His black hooded jacket is missing. I have been walking the tracks looking for it. He couldn't have been out there the whole time or he would have died way before he did. I miss him horribly ��

Hope it's ok to post the name here on Facebook it's called "I Hate Heroin" Joeys face book is just under his name Joey Ressler but it's just his stuff, pictures and friends posting. I hate not knowing we're he was or what he was doing.
I have read that about hypothermia. He was found with his shoes 5-7 feet away neatly placed and his T-shirt about 20 feet away. Also a sweatshirt was found that wasn't his but he must have been wearing at one time. His black hooded jacket is missing. I have been walking the tracks looking for it. He couldn't have been out there the whole time or he would have died way before he did. I miss him horribly ��

I am so sorry MyJoey. I wish I had magic words that would heal your heart! I will keep you in my prayers and pray God comforts you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back