Presumed Located PA - Joshua Roth, 41, & gold Infinity SUV (tag: FL PIRQ02), parents found brutally beaten in his apt, Brownsville Rd, Mt. Oliver, 18 May 2022

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Police searching for man after his parents reportedly found brutally beaten in his apartment

Snip

Sources tell Channel 11 that the two people left for dead are the parents of Joshua Roth. They live in Florida and, according to our sources, came to Pittsburgh to help their son move out of his apartment. While his parents are in the hospital with head trauma and facial injuries so severe they can’t even communicate, Joshua Roth is missing. So is their gold Nissan Infinity SUV.

Police have not named Roth as a suspect, but they want to talk to him and find out what happened inside his apartment.

#More at link

WPXI-TV Pittsburgh
23 May 2022
Police are searching for 41-year-old Joshua Roth from Mt. Oliver and his parents’ gold Nissan Infinity SUV with Florida license plate number PIRQ02. Sources tell Channel 11 that Roth’s mother and father were found brutally beaten inside his apartment off of Brownsville Road late in the evening on May 18.

283782461_10158581443596615_289396948268979527_n.jpg

Respectfully, having your parents, who are at least in their 60s, come from out of state to help you move when you're 41 is a sign that something is wrong. Most adults would hire a moving company or recruit their friends.

His poor parents. :( My prayers are with them.

Couple assaulted in Mt. Oliver; Son charged with attempted homicide

SBM
He has been charged with attempt homicide, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and theft by unlawful taking. [snip]
...Roth suffers from a mental illness.
-blank stare in his face
-no emotion in his face or anything
-talks to himself "all the time."
-said people were watching him and people, 'are going to get you,
#more at link

”A neighbor told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 they heard a loud bang at their door, when they went to open it, there was a woman covered in blood and bruises, sitting on the main staircase. It was just after 9:40 p.m. that neighbor said they called 911.

Medics at the scene thought the woman's story seemed off, so police came to assist. Once officers got to the building, they discovered another victim: a 63-year-old man who was bleeding from the face and neck in an apartment upstairs.

Police said the victims are the parents of 41-year-old Joshua Roth. According to documents, Roth's parents traveled from Florida to help him clean up his apartment around noon on Wednesday.

Both parents told police they didn't remember the assault but detectives were able to confirm details by watching surveillance video from the apartment building on Tuesday.”

”A neighbor told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 they heard a loud bang at their door, when they went to open it, there was a woman covered in blood and bruises, sitting on the main staircase. It was just after 9:40 p.m. that neighbor said they called 911.

Medics at the scene thought the woman's story seemed off, so police came to assist. Once officers got to the building, they discovered another victim: a 63-year-old man who was bleeding from the face and neck in an apartment upstairs.

Police said the victims are the parents of 41-year-old Joshua Roth. According to documents, Roth's parents traveled from Florida to help him clean up his apartment around noon on Wednesday.

Both parents told police they didn't remember the assault but detectives were able to confirm details by watching surveillance video from the apartment building on Tuesday.”
More from article:

... shows Roth and his parents entering the apartment building just after 12 p.m. Then, around 1:30 p.m. Roth is seen exiting the building with a black trash bag and getting into the vehicle his parents drove.

Roth, nor his parents, were seen after that time on the video.

It wasn't until over eight hours later, first responders would get called to the scene.
#

According to the video report, the SUV was seen in Brooklyn, NY yesterday (24 May).

*Not an update but a review (May 24) of this raging man’s unbelievably terrible actions toward two people who raised him…tragic! It only took an hour to go from son to monster.

Investigators said security footage from the Brownsville Road apartment building showed Roth’s parents arriving shortly after noon May 18 in their gold Nissan Infinity SUV. Roth meets them outside, according to the complaint, and they all go inside by about 12:19 p.m.

The footage shows Roth leaving the apartment just after 1:20 p.m., according to the complaint. He left in the Nissan and never returned to the apartment. His parents’ cell phones and wallets were missing from the apartment.

Police said the Nissan’s license plate was recorded just after 4 p.m. that day in East Pittsburgh. Using his mother’s iPad, police tried to locate her cell phone, according to the complaint. The Find My iPhone app showed its location as hear Altoona, though local police could not find the phone. As of Tuesday, police said, the app showed the phone in the same location.

Investigators said they received a tip Tuesday that the gold Nissan was caught on a license plate reader in Brooklyn.

We need to know more about Josh's life. According to neighbors, he appeared to have been suffering from mental illness prior to and during the attack. I wonder what made him feel the need to attack his parents. Were they there to move him out of his place against his will? Where was he planning to move?

Seems odd it's been over a month yet there's been no sign of Josh anywhere. Does he have any connections to New York or elsewhere in NE US? Why would he head to Brooklyn and where would he likely go once there? I wish LE would release more details to include places he may have gone. It seems they'd be eager to get this dangerous, mentally ill man off the streets. MOO

Zero updates that I can find. I wonder how the parents are doing?
Parents seem to be in recovery, based on details from the TribLive link posted by @imstilla.grandma .
Roth’s father told police at the hospital he had no memory of the assault, according to the complaint. Roth’s mother required a breathing tube and could not be questioned for several days. She, too, told police she had no memory of what happened.

Parents seem to be in recovery, based on details from the TribLive link posted by @imstilla.grandma .
Glad to hear, I wonder if the parents "don't remember" or are they protecting their GROWN son? I get it if they are but they're son is a danger to the public IMO. Praying for their recovery and they find this man. IMO

A person can hide out or blend in with the crowd. The vehicle not so much. Could it be in a body of water?
Or maybe a garage?
I do think it would be in the public’s best interest to know the current status of this deeply troubled and violent person. I hope he is somewhere that is keeping him and those around him safe.

Odd that the SUV is still missing. PA to NY isn't that far. But its also hard to hide a car in NYC. Unless he went to upstate NY - there's plenty of places to hide in the mountains. Something tells me though that Josh is no longer alive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back