PA: Kenneth E. Butzer dob 10/12/1930 date found: 8/04/11

Discussion in 'Matches & Resolved' started by nemo'smom, Aug 6, 2012.

1. nemo'smom

nemo'smom Active Member

2. Loading...

3. MissSunshine

MissSunshine New Member

Kenneth's mother, Hazel, passed away in 1996 and his father, Eugene, passed away in 1989.

In the 1940 census, Kenneth was the only child.

4. nemo'smom

nemo'smom Active Member

ok, let's at least see if we can find an aunt/uncle, cousin or other distant relative.

5. tifflee

tifflee New Member

A few bits I found.

The address history I found for Kenneth E. Butzer covers Lancaster, Kutztown, and Reading, all of Pennsylvania.

I did find this interesting news article in the Intelligencer Journal / Lancaster New Era from November 19, 2009 that says:

I'm wondering if this could be Kenneth E. Butzer's son? 210 S. Prince Street is apparently the location of a ministry and homeless outreach center so if it is, perhaps this is why he is not able to claim his father, or maybe doesn't even know?

I also found this Reading Eagle Press post on the search for Kenneth E. Butzer's next of kin: Link here.

If I follow the trail of Kenneth E. Butzer's full name being Kenneth Eugene Butzer (not confirmed), I have so far only found this listing which could be another person completely since it is from Nevada with no other information such as possible age:

"Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005," Kenneth Eugene Butzer, 1985
    Name: Kenneth Eugene Butzer
    Titles & Terms:
    Event: Marriage
    Event Date: 02 Feb 1985
    Event Place: Carson City, , Nevada, United States
    Residence: California
    Registration Date: 08 Feb 1985
    Registration Place: Carson City, , Nevada
    Spouse: Susan Eileen Naves
    Spouse's Titles & Terms:
    Spouse's Residence: California
    Officiant: Religious celebrant
    County Page: 57
    County Book: 118
    Instrument Number: 70836
    Control Year: 1985
    Control Alias:
    Archive Film Number: 004241

6. tifflee

tifflee New Member

I might be chasing down too distant a path, but I spent some time researching Kenneth B. Butzer's father's line. Hopefully it's the right Eugene Butzer!

Going backwards:

1940 census (link here): Eugene Butzer is married to Hasel Butzer with one son, Kenneth Butzer in East Cocalico Township, Lancaster, PA.

1930 census (link here): Eugene Butzer is a lodger in the Hicks household in Ephrata, PA.

1920 census (link here): Eugene Butzer is the son of Ellis W. Butzer and Mary Butzer with older brother Emory C. Butzer and younger sister Florence Butzer, all in Lancaster, PA.

1910 census (link here): Eugene S. B. Butzer is the son of Elis A. Butzer (spelling and middle initial differ from 1920) and Mary Butzer with older brother Henry C. Butzer (differs from "Emory C. Butzer" in 1920), all in Lititz, Lancaster, PA.

For Emory, I found an SSDI listing.

For Florence, I found this death record (link here):
    I haven't found much else on Florence who would have been Kenneth B. Butzer's aunt. Having exhausted direct uncles and aunts, I decided to look into Florence's husband who would have been Kenneth B. Butzer's uncle by marriage.

I found this obituary listing for Carl's brother, Bruce D. Snavely, Sr. of Lititz, PA in the Intelligencer Journal / Lancaster New Era from Jun 29, 2010:

From the same newspaper, a BS (possibly BDS Jr. mentioned in the obituary) was in a car accident in April 2011:

I found a BS of Ephrata with that same address, but no phone number. PM'ing to raine and nemo's mom in case it is of use. After all of this, BS would still be a cousin by marriage. I'm not sure the distant relationship will be of help, but worth trying? Maybe he will know about Kenneth Eugene Butzer, Jr. of the same local area mentioned in the previous post?

7. tifflee

tifflee New Member

I found a Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas Court Summary file for a Kenneth E. Butzer, Jr. PM'ing to raine and nemo's mom!

8. nemo'smom

nemo'smom Active Member

Thanks everyone. I am going to email case manager.

9. MissSunshine

MissSunshine New Member

10. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Found Kenneth's jr. probabtion office, the officer is out till Sept. 10

11. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Left message waiting on a call back

12. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Waiting on verification if Butzer Jr. is Butzer Sr. son. Will update when I hear back

13. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

I recieved a call from Jr. prob. officer, jr passed away 9/17/2012, Jr was Sr son. Now I have to locate the other brother Allen West that lives in Boise, and get the info to the ME so both bodies can be claimed.

14. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Talked wit prob officer again Jr had been told his father was deceased, uncertain if he claimed..