PA - Kenzie Houk, 26, pregnant, murdered, Wampum, 20 Feb 2009

I realize no one has been on this thread for awhile, but wanted to post the new article.
I grew up nearby & my grandparents lived in Wampum.
There were rumors about someone else being involved (I am not going to speculate here). After reading that the 5 yr old (Kenzie’s daughter) heard the gunshot & saw Jordan shortly after with the gun, I no longer believe anyone else was involved. MOO

It's a shame that he was able to be convicted based on so little evidence. Even though the judge in this case isn't up for reelection until 2025, I hope that people remember this. It's concerning that a child could be imprisoned like this, espescially because everything that was put in place to protect them contributed to this conviction. There was so much more that investigators could have done to try and see if Jordan was guilty, but they didn't have to because they weren't presenting the case in front of a jury.

Ill wait for the 20/20, but based on what I’ve read and what has been posted im leaning towards not guilty.

The little girl who changed her story, was what, 4?

What about the older sister, did she hear a gun shot?

I do think the 4 year old heard and the gun shot. I think she was home. I think the older 2 kids were already at school.

I’m leaning towards the idea that the abusive x—boyfriend who threatened her safety before and was recently pissed at the results of a paternity test had more to do with this than an 11 year old boy.

Last edited:
I found the court documents quite interesting.

345b22d9-c70d-447d-a8ac-cb00e1cf5b98.pdf

Hmmm. Yes, interesting indeed.

JB was being kicked out of his bedroom in preparation for the upcoming baby and stepmom to use.
When you're young-- your bedroom is somewhat like your sanctuary.

James Bulger was murdered by two 10 year old boys.... so I think it's possible .
Perhaps this 11 year old was possibly enraged by the new living situation ?
Although since he's been released and his record expunged -- maybe he's innocent ?
We have only JB's word that a different vehicle was at the house that day.

Rest in peace to Kenzie Houk and unborn baby.

Hmmm. Yes, interesting indeed.

JB was being kicked out of his bedroom in preparation for the upcoming baby and stepmom to use.
When you're young-- your bedroom is somewhat like your sanctuary.

James Bulger was murdered by two 10 year old boys.... so I think it's possible .
Perhaps this 11 year old was possibly enraged by the new living situation ?
Although since he's been released and his record expunged -- maybe he's innocent ?
We have only JB's word that a different vehicle was at the house that day.

Rest in peace to Kenzie Houk and unborn baby.
There were other things going on with someone else, outside of JB, that I keep going back to. I just don’t know if it was as simple as it was made out to be...MOO

Ill wait for the 20/20, but based on what I’ve read and what has been posted im leaning towards not guilty.

The little girl who changed her story, was what, 4?

What about the older sister, did she hear a gun shot?

I do think the 4 year old heard and the gun shot. I think she was home. I think the older 2 kids were already at school.

I’m leaning towards the idea that the abusive x—boyfriend who threatened her safety before and was recently pissed at the results of a paternity test had more to do with this than an 11 year old boy.

That's my hunch too. The court documents say that he was in the vicinity (about two city blocks) of the crime scene shortly after the murder. She had a permanent protection from abuse order against the guy and his truck matches the description of the truck Jordan said was in the driveway that morning. I can't imagine an 11 year old being that calculated to describe the ex-boyfriend's truck in the driveway (would he even know that?), somehow clean himself of gun residue, clean the murder weapon of all blood and DNA thoroughly, get to the bus on time, and keep his stepsister quiet about killing her mom.

That's my hunch too. The court documents say that he was in the vicinity (about two city blocks) of the crime scene shortly after the murder. She had a permanent protection from abuse order against the guy and his truck matches the description of the truck Jordan said was in the driveway that morning. I can't imagine an 11 year old being that calculated to describe the ex-boyfriend's truck in the driveway (would he even know that?), somehow clean himself of gun residue, clean the murder weapon of all blood and DNA thoroughly, get to the bus on time, and keep his stepsister quiet about killing her mom.

Well put!

From what I’ve read online, her parents were super distraught that the case has been expunged— Believing that the boy did it. I’m most interested in hearing from them and their reasoning.

Regardless, the state has done the right thing given the lack of evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back