Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katsrfun

katsrfun Well-Known Member

This is sort of OT, but I live in Florida, and worked in an office on the beach and had a little apartment not far. I would sometimes walk home on the beach. One day I was sitting on the beach just sort of watching the waves, no towel or beach apparel, and in my work clothes. A couple came along and sat a very young infant, possibly even newborn, down next to me in the sand and started to walk away. I believe I was transfixed with the ocean, and they thought I didn't notice the baby now sitting next to me in the sand. I started yelling to them and they just kept walking. Then they said, oh could you watch her for a while, we have some things to do (probably shooting drugs, in my opinion). I think they had no intention of ever coming back. I raised holy he-- and they came back and took her. In hindsight, I don't know what I should have done at that moment. I did call the police when I got home, but they were long gone. I know this is OT, but just wanted to say apparently there are crazy people out there who do this. The story of this baby brought back memories of that incident. I pray he is found soon. MOO. Katt

2. Hereshecomes75

Hereshecomes75 Well-Known Member

HayLouise, NoSI, kimpage and 13 others like this.
  3. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

She wasn’t very convincing was she?

Limecat, MsMarple, KDM92 and 4 others like this.
  4. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

Bolded caught my eye first read through.
    Without knowing stepdad and babysitter's dynamic, it almost sounds like "hot potato" with the little guy.

5. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t feel suspicious of the mother on that interview. I might be naive, but I don’t get the vibe that she’s faking her emotions. The end of the interview said a lot to me and I feel like that’s the reason King is nowhere to be found: “if you don’t want to bring him to me because you feel like I’m nothing”, that’s directed to someone specific. She feels like someone is deliberately hiding the baby from her because someone thinks she’s not a fit parent. And maybe, this is something that has been happening for a while, maybe concerns about her being fit or unfit to care for a child is the reason the baby seems to be going back and forth from several people. I wonder if she has custody of the oldest daughter and who has her, if it’s the father or the babysitter. Very weird. I tend to believe the babysitter is being described as such because the dad/stepdad doesn’t want people, specifically the mother, to know that they have some sort of relationship. Just speculating over here and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

6. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

Now there is another person in the mix. An older biological daughter of the two as per mother's video.

bears10 and katydid23 like this.
  7. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Idk, grandma doth protest too much methinks. Not saying she has anything to do with it, My gut just tells me little king hasn’t had the best family life.

8. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

I still don't get this 'drop him at the corner' thing. What does that even mean? Didn't the babysitter wait and hand off the child? If so, can she describe the car and what Mom was wearing? Would there be any cameras around to verify?

I think it boils down to Mom vs 'babysitter.' One of them is responsible for his disappearance, most likely. :(

MissMalowe, KDM92 and Marg from Oz like this.
  9. bears10

maybe she met, say, mom and moms brother at a corner and babysitter dropped him off at the car. Jmo

10. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

I know what you mean. If my 2 yr old grand baby was being passed around like that, I'd scoop him up myself and let them sort it out later. This is really devastating. :(

TGIRecovered, KDM92, Stunned and 2 others like this.
  11. Hereshecomes75

Hereshecomes75 Well-Known Member

I wonder where she is/was during this time period.

12. ReaderRabbit

ReaderRabbit Well-Known Member

Exactly. ‘The baby’ has a name. Seems kind of impersonal to call him ‘the baby’

13. ReaderRabbit

I only found one video so far. Can you please point me in the direction of the other video. Thank you

Found them

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Marg from Oz likes this.
  14. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

That was something the grandmother said in an interview, not police.

Six weeks without her two year old. Makes me wonder if something happened 6 weeks ago. The babysitter throws a kink in mother and boyfriend being complicit. Sort of.
    Sorry, other pictures.

KDM92 and Marg from Oz like this.
  15. ReaderRabbit

Issues? I am not following you. Do you mean leaving child for extended periods of time with people that are loosely defined relationships and no commitment?

LadyL, TGIRecovered, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  16. ReaderRabbit

Thank you

Marg from Oz likes this.
  17. bears10

idk, I call my best friends daughter “the baby” and I called my niece the same.

Urmyantichrist, kimpage, PNW and 8 others like this.
  18. bears10

IME, drugs and/or not wanting to parent is what I meant.

19. bears10

This is one of those cases that’s really hard to discuss without being able to talk about social media. Jmo

Marg from Oz likes this.
  20. Seratonin

Seratonin Well-Known Member

❤️

HayLouise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.